Wiki Posts
Search

Need Expert Advice

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2003, 05:05 AM
Tech Apprentice

Red face Need Expert Advice

Greetings!!!,

I need some advice from all of you guys. Very very new in RC. Have not buy a RC car yet cause :

1. Will it be Gas or Battery?
2. Will it be Off Road or On Road?
3. What is the average cost I need to spend?
4. I have no Kaki to play!!!

Thank you!

Regards,

Morpheous

Do you know how deep does the rabbit hole goes? ~
Old 07-16-2003, 05:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

sorry to be blunt ... how to help you if you don't provide anything about yourself?

- what's your interest? on or off-road?
- how much are you willing to learn?
- how much time do you have to spend on the hobby?
(i know some pple here tinker with their car daily .. some, like me, only have time during the weekends ... )
- how much are you willing to spend? (what is your budget? what is "expensive" to you?

- no kaki to play with .. bcos u have no car? so no car bcos u have no kaki? catch-22, right?
Old 07-16-2003, 08:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i not expert but i can advise:
1.which do u like?battery is easier and cheaper to start,but expensive as each matched pack/mod motor u get goes into it.
2.off road?cool,but get a place 1st
3.avg cost=how much do u have each month to spend(or even more)
4.kaki?get a car n kaki's will appear at the hobby shop,if not,influence ur friend,children,wife or neighbour to play RC!!
Old 07-17-2003, 01:00 AM
Tech Elite

it actually is abt the same...
but the most important thing is whether u got any1 playing with u?otherwise it's boring...
Old 07-17-2003, 04:53 AM
Tech Apprentice

Talking Thanks Man!!!!

Dear all Master of RC,

Wow!!! So many replies. Thank you for all of your replies. I am getting hot with this. I am 26 years old from KL. Work in Desa Seri Hartamas. I am male. Sorry guys!!! hehe.. I have friends who are really hardcore in RC but the problem is there are all in Sabah like my friend Razali (Jali) and David to name a few. No kaki in KL. Well, did some homework lately. Went to a shop in Sri Hartamas (Hobby Hub) and they are selling Yokomo On Road Gas Powered 0.15 engine Single Port with Tune Pipe (ready to run) at RM1500 ++. I think my budget is around there. Tapi takut kena sembelih maaa.... cause not expert advice. I think I am going to have one by the end of this month. I hope!!!! Kalau ada Kaki yang willing to share knowledge on mastering RC ICQ me 4899182 or [email protected]. Maybe we could meet up and be RC friends!!! Please reply dude!!! Thank you!!!
Old 07-17-2003, 05:22 AM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Thanks Man!!!!

Originally posted by morpheous
Dear all Master of RC,

Wow!!! So many replies. Thank you for all of your replies. I am getting hot with this. I am 26 years old from KL. Work in Desa Seri Hartamas. I am male. Sorry guys!!! hehe.. I have friends who are really hardcore in RC but the problem is there are all in Sabah like my friend Razali (Jali) and David to name a few. No kaki in KL. Well, did some homework lately. Went to a shop in Sri Hartamas (Hobby Hub) and they are selling Yokomo On Road Gas Powered 0.15 engine Single Port with Tune Pipe (ready to run) at RM1500 ++. I think my budget is around there. Tapi takut kena sembelih maaa.... cause not expert advice. I think I am going to have one by the end of this month. I hope!!!! Kalau ada Kaki yang willing to share knowledge on mastering RC ICQ me 4899182 or [email protected]. Maybe we could meet up and be RC friends!!! Please reply dude!!! Thank you!!!
morpheous, you got PM !
Old 07-17-2003, 05:26 AM
Tech Elite

hallo..
for better prices i would recommend going directly to Hobbyhaven at Subang Jaya...they are distributors of Yokomo..
and as i remember properly,the(latest) yokomo gas car RTR is 18 engine.so u might wanna check that u getting the GT4 RTR 2.
there u can meet up and chat with other RC'ers,and perhaps get their views on other kits.
Old 07-17-2003, 06:08 AM
Tech Apprentice

Unhappy What Should I Get???

Dear All Masters of RC,

Hi! It's me again... What can I get for On Road Car with the budget of RM 1300? Any advice man? Need to get an RC so that I can have Kaki!!!! Will it be Yokomo? Or Tamiya? Or Mugen? Damn!!! So many brands!! All I know is Pentim or AMD... Computers can asnwerlah!! Thanks again!!!!
Old 07-17-2003, 06:22 AM
Tech Elite

Gas or Electric?
for gas,right now HPC Subang jaya is having the RS4 3 SS promotion for RM1300,everything u need included(bottle, 2l fuel,glo plug,etc , Blazer!)
other than that,there is Ho Bao(taiwan) which fits ur(everyone's) budget.
Electric?RM1300 is enuff for many,but with a few 1500 mah packs and a basic ESC.
Old 07-17-2003, 06:25 AM
Tech Elite

icq'ing u!
Old 07-17-2003, 06:33 AM
Tech Apprentice

Exclamation What Should I Get Again?

Dear All Masters of RC,

..panting.. after saying that many times. I thought of buying a Gas Powered RC. I know.. I know... People say beginners should buy electric car first but I think not. The excitement only last for about 20 minutes that if you are lucky enough. Somebody from Sabah told me that. So I guess I decided to start with Gas Powered RC. My budget is around RM 1300.... I am a beginner maa... Hope I have a better average car that does not give me problem. Can somebody tell me where is the best bargain RC shop? I am going to check at these places:

1. Hobby Hub, Desa Sri Hartamas (Been there)
2. Nam Lee Hobby Shop, Atria (Going to)
3. Hobbyhaven, SJ (Going to but is it at Subang Parade?)
4. Any other places man? Good price perhaps and friendly?

Ohh yea! Can I get 3 ports engine with 2 gears and Tune Pipe with that budget? Thanks dude.
Old 07-17-2003, 06:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

1300 is not enough, you should have a budget closer to 2k. I would recommend you to get the NTC3 RTR and 2 speed with your budget. You should be able to get it at 1.5k with 2 speed from either Nam Lee or TPracing. Then you need to get fuel, bottle, extra plugs, tools and such. If you have a bit more I would recommend that you get the kit version of either Serpent705, MTX3, NTC3 or V1RR. Dont bother about the rest unless you want headaches and painful pockets. Go to Titiwangsa on the weekends and make some friends there and you will see that the above cars are the most popular and easiest to get parts. I am sure InitialD would advise you the same.
Old 07-17-2003, 06:42 AM
Tech Apprentice

Smile Where you at?

Dear Lee82Gx,

Where are you dude? I have authorized you in my list. But you were not there man. Hope to see you around!!! Thanks.

Morpheous
Old 07-17-2003, 06:48 AM
Tech Apprentice

Exclamation Spawn!!! You are the man!!!

Dear Spawn,

Thank you for your info dude!!! So I need at least RM 15k eh? Cool... 2 gear and all.. I think I have 2 of my friends to join with me. How much if me and 2 of my friends get the same thing dude? har har har... Got to cough out some cash. Where is TPracing dude? Thanks man.
Old 07-17-2003, 06:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

tpracing check out the RTR.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.