Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Interested of new tracks in kuching??

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2008, 07:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 33 (97%+)

im not a master,just helping fellow rctech users.

As you mentioned, 1k is not deep enough and may I know how deep or how much do I need to start this hobby (i mean engine 1)? I've prepared around 8K, is this enough?

yes bro, it is more than enough,
1. u'll need atleast FM controller like the sanwa M11, futaba 3pk, n ko-propo helios ex10 and 1 hi-speed and 1 normal servo. cost should be rm1.6k.
2. chassis usually cost rm1.5k depending on the model,
3. engine u can go for OS tz 3 port(easy to tune) rm6XX,
4. u'll need accessories such as glowstarter,starter box, wall charger, fuel bottle maybe ard rm500
5. bodyshell rm6x
6. foam tires 6x/set of 4pcs.
assemble all of this and u'll be flying with evoton

I saw you people mentioning about G4S, 720-07, MTX4, NT1, Biawak, Futaba 2PL, etc. May I know these few things ;
1. all those are brands or models name ?

-all of the stated above are models.
G4s is a model from team magic, serpent made the 720-07,mugen seiki
made the mtx4r and xray made nt1..

2. which 1 is the best ?
i personally own 2,g4s n 720-07.i like the 720-07 overall and its much more
stable, g4s maybe good for beginners and intermediate, but its hard to
handle with powerful engines and need serous option. again, whats the best for
me isnt supposed to be the best for u bro.

3. where can I get them ?
LHS here in kuching call Hobbymart, they sell the g4s and nt1. the rest of the chassis maybe u can get it here with a good price.

4. what is the price range ?
for a new chassis u can get it for 1.4-1.6k

hope this helps.
Old 03-04-2008, 11:44 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by nazwenhome
im not a master,just helping fellow rctech users.

As you mentioned, 1k is not deep enough and may I know how deep or how much do I need to start this hobby (i mean engine 1)? I've prepared around 8K, is this enough?

yes bro, it is more than enough,
1. u'll need atleast FM controller like the sanwa M11, futaba 3pk, n ko-propo helios ex10 and 1 hi-speed and 1 normal servo. cost should be rm1.6k.
2. chassis usually cost rm1.5k depending on the model,
3. engine u can go for OS tz 3 port(easy to tune) rm6XX,
4. u'll need accessories such as glowstarter,starter box, wall charger, fuel bottle maybe ard rm500
5. bodyshell rm6x
6. foam tires 6x/set of 4pcs.
assemble all of this and u'll be flying with evoton

I saw you people mentioning about G4S, 720-07, MTX4, NT1, Biawak, Futaba 2PL, etc. May I know these few things ;
1. all those are brands or models name ?

-all of the stated above are models.
G4s is a model from team magic, serpent made the 720-07,mugen seiki
made the mtx4r and xray made nt1..

2. which 1 is the best ?
handle with powerful engines and need serous option. again, whats the best for
me isnt supposed to be the best for u bro.

3. where can I get them ?
LHS here in kuching call Hobbymart, they sell the g4s and nt1. the rest of the chassis maybe u can get it here with a good price.

4. what is the price range ?
for a new chassis u can get it for 1.4-1.6k

hope this helps.
Yikes,, that costs a lot.. i may reconsider this hobby after all...Got to adjust some funds from my petty cash Thanks for your help Nazwenhome.
Old 03-05-2008, 01:54 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 33 (97%+)

bro, im not scaring u lah, but this is what normally people spend to be serious. anyway, there is always good bargain in the sales forum here where by u can get slightly cheap RC items that u want. all in all, u can get all necessary to run nitro 1/10 in less than rm1.5k if u have the patience.

there is never to late or too expensive to enjoy RC as a hobby.
cheers..
Old 03-05-2008, 03:13 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

EUrasian... y not consider rc drifting? spend much less... but stil having as much fun.. hehe..

btw guys... Team Decayz will be organizing a drift demo in conjunction to TM Family day / Open Day.. Although its still under discussion rite now.. but its 80% confirmed.. The demo will be held in Multimedia COllege Sarawak's Dewan Santubong this Sunday.. Drifters who wants to join us for some fun there please contact any Team Decayz members. I will let u guys know if theres any change of plan.. thx..
Old 03-05-2008, 05:39 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

ATTENTION ATTENTION AngMo and Eurasian,

i think i got 1 kang tau for you.... would you like 1 unit G4S RTR? cause i got 1 unit slightly cheaper from the market. including SH 12 engine, comes with futaba 2PL complete servo and receiver. interested.??? i double checked already. got 2 unit want to let go, it's brand new in box. 1 of the rc shop closing down. so price crush!!!!!!!

HURRY HURRY WHILE STOCK LAST!!!!!!

elo AngMo,

regarding the G4S RTR (RTR means ready to run), you can refer to www.teammagic.com.tw for your refrence. the kit left 1 unit already. 1 unit sold tomorrow. the G4S come with futaba 2PL remote control, 2 unit s3003 servos (i think) for controlling your steering and throttle/brake, receiver, ( for your car to receive signal from remote), the G4S is a chassis from team magic, included with SH (taiwan engine) complete with exhaust and manifold, tyres included. all of this are not yet assembled (in box).

i hope this can help you with your knowledge in rc. anything can refer to the website.
Old 03-05-2008, 07:13 AM
Tech Apprentice

hi evoton,

i got confused by u,as far as i know ,all the g4s rtr are ready assembled and come with futaba MJ.u just need to spray the bodyshell and it can go on track..
seem like my g4s rtr bought from hobbymart is the different version from yours

ang mo,
if u have a good budget,just go into the g4rs,no need to consider the RTR.u will regret when u fully enjoy the hobby.

i am planning to get the g4rs kit next week...
Old 03-05-2008, 07:40 AM
Tech Apprentice

handle with powerful engines and need serous option.

nazwenhome..

i total disagree with u,

i start from G4 Eclass,G4R then G4S now..( still going well)..
i personally think that G4 is the best car kit out from box for beginner to expert class...

for serpent 720,my standard not high enough to drive it yet..so far,the only rc player can handle serpent is only ah gong n might be you...
Old 03-05-2008, 08:33 AM
Tech Rookie

Woh... seems like G4 is a good choice as everybody is talking about G4 here. G4 also have a lot of models like a Mercedes Benz, got E Class and also S Class . So I guess S Class should be the best of all, am I rite?

Btw, LAKIA you are talking about G4RS. Is this a new model from G4? Since you are about to get 1, may I know how much it costs? Maybe you can give us some feedbacks of the car after you tested it, since they are a lot of G4 drivers around here.

I guess the 720-07 should be out of my consideration list because as ISKANDAR said only 2 drivers can handle that car. Thanks ISKANDAR for your advice.

Hi Eurasian,
Any decision made so far as a lot of Sifus already gave their valuable opinions ?
Old 03-05-2008, 08:52 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by nazwenhome
bro, im not scaring u lah, but this is what normally people spend to be serious. anyway, there is always good bargain in the sales forum here where by u can get slightly cheap RC items that u want. all in all, u can get all necessary to run nitro 1/10 in less than rm1.5k if u have the patience.

there is never to late or too expensive to enjoy RC as a hobby.
cheers..
Originally Posted by intruxion
EUrasian... y not consider rc drifting? spend much less... but stil having as much fun.. hehe..

btw guys... Team Decayz will be organizing a drift demo in conjunction to TM Family day / Open Day.. Although its still under discussion rite now.. but its 80% confirmed.. The demo will be held in Multimedia COllege Sarawak's Dewan Santubong this Sunday.. Drifters who wants to join us for some fun there please contact any Team Decayz members. I will let u guys know if theres any change of plan.. thx..
Nazwenhome, im reconsidering d hobby. 1.5k not soo bad woh. But if buy cheap, other player car more expensive surely can win me easy easy. What car can sure win race or maybe win street cred on the track even for beginner??? Maybe consider a top top kit.. hehe

Intruxion, i'm going more to the 'nitro' side.
Old 03-05-2008, 09:00 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by AngMo
Woh... seems like G4 is a good choice as everybody is talking about G4 here. G4 also have a lot of models like a Mercedes Benz, got E Class and also S Class . So I guess S Class should be the best of all, am I rite?

Btw, LAKIA you are talking about G4RS. Is this a new model from G4? Since you are about to get 1, may I know how much it costs? Maybe you can give us some feedbacks of the car after you tested it, since they are a lot of G4 drivers around here.

I guess the 720-07 should be out of my consideration list because as ISKANDAR said only 2 drivers can handle that car. Thanks ISKANDAR for your advice.

Hi Eurasian,
Any decision made so far as a lot of Sifus already gave their valuable opinions ?
Helo Angmo,
I'm Vely confused So many cars to choose..got G4, 720, RRR, Nt1.. I heard ppl say a mugen Mtx4r is also good. I still sourcing for facts, details, opinions b4 i make my big decision. How about u?
Old 03-05-2008, 09:16 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Yo LAKIA,

nice choice on going to G4RS, when you test drive already. tell me what the diffrence. cuz im using G4S. seen it yesterday at hobby mart. Shiok man.....regarding about the G4S RTR, hobby mart install the kit already and put on the shelf direct sell. no hassle for newbie trying to install without the proper tools.

ISKANDAR,

very loyal indeed in G4 family, even the 1st model oso got. (Black Magic). i too think this kit is superb and the upgrades will keep on improving. newest version G4RS also breath taking.

I hope that we all can get along someday at stadium share some opinion on G4 family since we share te same interest in team magic......
Old 03-05-2008, 06:21 PM
Tech Apprentice

evoton,

i think u make a mistake..G4S RTR assembled by team magic.not hobby mart.
i bought my from hobby mart .out from the box is fully assemble and i spray the body shell my self..

ang mo,

below are the cost of my new g4rs:

chassis............................rm 1350.00
radio 3pk fasst system c/w 2 9541 servo............rm 1800.00
picco evo 3 with exhaust................................rm 1000.00
rx battery........................................... .........rm 85.00
body shell & tyres.........................................rm 150.00

if u r beginner,u need the following............

starter box ..........................rm 280.00
glow heater..........................rm 85.00
fuel bottle............................rm 25.00
fuel ....................................rm 155.00

welcome to the r/c world.................
Old 03-05-2008, 08:26 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by LAKIA
ang mo,

below are the cost of my new g4rs:

chassis............................rm 1350.00
radio 3pk fasst system c/w 2 9541 servo............rm 1800.00
picco evo 3 with exhaust................................rm 1000.00
rx battery........................................... .........rm 85.00
body shell & tyres.........................................rm 150.00

if u r beginner,u need the following............

starter box ..........................rm 280.00
glow heater..........................rm 85.00
fuel bottle............................rm 25.00
fuel ....................................rm 155.00

welcome to the r/c world.................
Thanks LAKIA for providing me all the costing to start this hobby. BTW, those things you are mentioning, isit all available in Kuching's hobby shop ?

I heard you guys always mentioning HOBBY MART, where is this shop located ? Isit somewhere near to the tracking at Petra Jaya ?
Old 03-05-2008, 08:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Eurasian
Nazwenhome, im reconsidering d hobby. 1.5k not soo bad woh. But if buy cheap, other player car more expensive surely can win me easy easy. What car can sure win race or maybe win street cred on the track even for beginner??? Maybe consider a top top kit.. hehe

Intruxion, i'm going more to the 'nitro' side.
Bro...
Just 1 cent oppinion.
For me Car=25%, engine=25% and the most important thing to win is SKILL=50%
Old 03-05-2008, 08:36 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Eurasian
Helo Angmo,
I'm Vely confused So many cars to choose..got G4, 720, RRR, Nt1.. I heard ppl say a mugen Mtx4r is also good. I still sourcing for facts, details, opinions b4 i make my big decision. How about u?
Hi Eurasion,

Maybe you can provide me with your finding on the MTX4R. I don't see anybody in R/C Equipment For Sale thread selling this car, isit a new car or a very very old car or a China's car ? It's better to have a proper finding on all the cars before we commit.

Is there anybody here driving a MTX4R ??? Please provide us with some info. Thank you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.