Search

RC news in Sarawak

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2003, 01:01 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default RC news in Sarawak

Guess we should have one, for updates and news

Two races recently in Matang and SriAman

Any pictures of the races and race results pls.

I heard comment from local racers that the organizers not very good in terms of managing 'bad' racers, ie racers who bang other people race cars in front recklessly and purposely, and not get penalized. Any comments?
Old 06-29-2003, 07:13 AM
Tech Initiate

Talking thunder tiger

any r/c freaks downthere. i from miri,swak just wanna get in
touch with thunder tiger TSN. info and tips
Old 07-16-2003, 06:44 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Race in Kuching - Aug3

Heard another race coming up - Aug 3, MBKS pool area (but not in the pool of course)

Also heard a permanent track to be build here - is this true any info appreciated.
Old 07-16-2003, 08:27 PM
Tech Master

Hi guys, i'm from Kuchig but now working in Singapore and i was wondering wats the average turn out for a Kuching race? Wat cars do they race with over there?
Old 07-16-2003, 11:15 PM
Tech Apprentice

i have seen Kyosho V1RR, TC3, Trinity Reflex and Yokomo (not sure what car, must be G4)

Quite a number of people participated in races recently!
Old 07-16-2003, 11:46 PM
Tech Master

Hi Kimi, where are the hobbyshops in Kuching? Which is the best? I've been to Hobbymart and the shop behind it as well and i can't say very good things about the stuff they carry....or rather the amount of stuff the have.

Are there any other tracks in Kuching as well besides the one at MBKS? where do you guys normally play?

Considering coming home soon and maybe meet up with some kakis to play...
Old 07-17-2003, 10:29 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Haha Kuching People.
There are 3 track here
1) MBKS (under renovation now.. open in august)
2) Matang Supermarket
3) New track built last week. At OLD sarawak Stadium
Very Big almost like semangang track ( BATU!)

Rite now in kuching lots of people are going Mugen Frenzy and G4 Fever.

Look Like V1RR are out alredy.
But still A-Main Driver NTC3!
Old 07-17-2003, 06:01 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Hi I am actually new

Originally posted by GT-4
Hi Kimi, where are the hobbyshops in Kuching? Which is the best? I've been to Hobbymart and the shop behind it as well and i can't say very good things about the stuff they carry....or rather the amount of stuff the have.

Are there any other tracks in Kuching as well besides the one at MBKS? where do you guys normally play?

Considering coming home soon and maybe meet up with some kakis to play...
HobbyMart carries Yokomo n i heard now carry the Teammagic G4, i did not know there is another shop behind it. There is one at the MBKS swimming pool (JD Hobby) - carries TC3, Trinity n Thunder Tiger, one store at Wisma Satok 3rd Floor, carries Kyosho, and another one at Tabuan Jaya, carries Kyosho and CEN. Any stores i missed? Oh yeah at Riverside, there is one TC3 stores.
Biasa lah, most stores price differ ones, some prices are really sembelih one. Need advice from regulars and check out prices in W Malaysia. I do not mind if they marked up a bit for profit, but some really outrageous prices to sembelih the noobies.

Kilokhan, where dya get Mugen in Kuching?
recently i saw the kit goes for RM1280 at KL Ampang
Old 07-17-2003, 08:09 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by kilokhan
Haha Kuching People.
There are 3 track here
1) MBKS (under renovation now.. open in august)
2) Matang Supermarket
3) New track built last week. At OLD sarawak Stadium
Very Big almost like semangang track ( BATU!)

Rite now in kuching lots of people are going Mugen Frenzy and G4 Fever.

Look Like V1RR are out alredy.
But still A-Main Driver NTC3!
Old sarawak stadium track smooth or not? Can play 1/8? Seems like pretty happening man...
Old 07-17-2003, 08:15 PM
Tech Master

Default Re: Hi I am actually new

Originally posted by kimi
HobbyMart carries Yokomo n i heard now carry the Teammagic G4, i did not know there is another shop behind it. There is one at the MBKS swimming pool (JD Hobby) - carries TC3, Trinity n Thunder Tiger, one store at Wisma Satok 3rd Floor, carries Kyosho, and another one at Tabuan Jaya, carries Kyosho and CEN. Any stores i missed? Oh yeah at Riverside, there is one TC3 stores.
Biasa lah, most stores price differ ones, some prices are really sembelih one. Need advice from regulars and check out prices in W Malaysia. I do not mind if they marked up a bit for profit, but some really outrageous prices to sembelih the noobies.

hmm...didn't know there was so many.... I haven't been to JD Hobby and the one at Wisma satok. Must go check it out. If go back, i think i cannot really play that often liao, because i got a yokomo GT-4 and a MRX3. Knowing hobbymart is the only shop that carries yokomo parts, if i break something, surely have to wait very long for them to order. Tires also a big problem, are you guys using rubber or foam? Which stores stock 1/8 foam tires?
Old 07-17-2003, 11:32 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Re: Hi I am actually new

HK

I'm the First one To run Mugen here.
Btw u Want MTX3 I can get it for ya. Abit expensive than Ampang.
And dont worry about parts there's more and more shop carry spare for mtx3.

Anybody Heard about Martin (NTC3 Champ) shop And Pui Teck House ?
Old 07-18-2003, 09:17 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

ahhhh...Kuching, Satok & SAntubong...i miss u alll!!!!!!!!!!!!! Was an ITMCS student back in early 1991-1993. I didn't even got the chance to see the flyover at Satok! i wish can go back race with friends there...if i still remember any of them... last time, the only hobby is the playing snooker at the pasar area near the indian street.
Old 07-20-2003, 06:16 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default New track at Stadium

Originally posted by GT-4
Old sarawak stadium track smooth or not? Can play 1/8? Seems like pretty happening man...
The track surface is not smooth, so u better use slick tyres - rubber, unless u have foams to spare $$$$

A new committee/club to maintain the track was formed recently, therefore with good support, the track may be developed better in the future.

rumors that the the race at MBKS August 3, may be switched to this track, if the resurfacing work at MBKS not completed in time!
Old 07-20-2003, 08:33 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by jfc_tech
ahhhh...Kuching, Satok & SAntubong...i miss u alll!!!!!!!!!!!!! Was an ITMCS student back in early 1991-1993. I didn't even got the chance to see the flyover at Satok! i wish can go back race with friends there...if i still remember any of them... last time, the only hobby is the playing snooker at the pasar area near the indian street.
Wah...must be quite awhile back man if you never even see the satok flyover

The next Asean race i heard will be in Kuching, so why not come visit us again during the race? Should be fun...
Old 07-20-2003, 08:36 PM
Tech Master

Default Re: New track at Stadium

The track surface is not smooth, so u better use slick tyres - rubber, unless u have foams to spare $$$$

A new committee/club to maintain the track was formed recently, therefore with good support, the track may be developed better in the future.

rumors that the the race at MBKS August 3, may be switched to this track, if the resurfacing work at MBKS not completed in time!
I seriously hope the "support" will build a new nice track for all racers, the rest of Malaysioa all seem to have very nice permanent tracks for Rc racers... but we all know that its not that simple, so we try to help as much as possible by supporting our local hobby shops.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.