Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GO Engine

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2007, 04:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Can anyone help on making the 1st start for my go engine... I've tried just now with heat gun...I heat it till 100c but still cannot make the flywheel turn 1 round. Pls help ...
Old 12-14-2007, 06:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (98%+)

Originally Posted by catkchun
Can anyone help on making the 1st start for my go engine... I've tried just now with heat gun...I heat it till 100c but still cannot make the flywheel turn 1 round. Pls help ...
Look like you need to spend more $$ to buy very strong motor on the starter box Nvmlah..........I try to help you. See other got advise what their method.
Old 12-14-2007, 07:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (86%+)

Heat the crankcase, not the heat sink.

Have you tried to flood your engine first? WHen it's very tight (meaning the flood level is high), take out the glow plug and put a tissue paper on the head. Now start turning the flywheel with your bump starter. After a few revolutions,put back the glow plug, and turn the flywheel with the bump starter...my 3 cents
Old 12-15-2007, 05:16 PM
Tech Master

Finnaly got it startup!!! Thanks for my sifu at GS!!

Below are the procedures I followed...got it from web

Reccomended Engine Break In

Remember to always run your Go Engine in a well ventilated space and also remember model engines and model fuel are not toys and should not be treated as such.

The Following steps are what is reccomended for a proper engine break in. A proper engine break in will not only increase the performance of the engine it will also greatly increase the longevity of your Go Tech engine. During the break in period the engine is under the most stress. Because of the tight tolerances of the piston and sleeve (which is vital to a performance engine) the connecting rod will see the most abuse during break in. To minimize this abuse it is important to keep the engine running in its optimal temperature range, running too cold is especially hard on the connecting rod. The ideal temperature for break in is between 210-240 degrees, we recommend purchasing a temperature gun and keeping a close watch on the temperature during break in.

The following break in procedure will require 7 to 8 tanks of fuel. We recomend that you use a fuel with a high oil content and low nitro content such as sport model fuel and not racing fuel. Always allow the engine to cool down to ambient temperature inbetween each step before continuing to the next step. Always place the piston in Bottom Dead Center before it has a chance to cool, you will need to do this everytime you use your engine. If you follow these steps you should have a long lasting engine.

The first step is to wrap the engines cooling head up in aluminum foil. this will help it achieve optimal tempature fast and help insure the engine is not running too cool. It will also force you to run a richer needle setting to keep the engine in the temperature range. We also reccomend using a heat gun of hair dryer to get the engines temperature up above 160 degrees before trying to turn over the engine. Allow the engine to cool and remember to place the engine at bottom dead center
For the first 2 tanks of fuel you should only let the engine idle (do not rev at all.) make sure the engine is around 210-240 degrees monitor it closely and use the needle valve to control temperature.
For the third tank of fuel you should repeat the steps and pulse the throttle to 25%, remember do not hold it open just slow open then close no more than 25%. If you have a computer radio you can use the servo endpoints to accomplish this and it will make it much easier for you.
For the fourth tank of fuel repeat step three but this time you can open the engine up to 50%. You should no longer need the alumn. foil wrapped around the cooling head and remember to keep a close watch on temperature, at 50% throttle it will be very easy to over heat the engine. Remember to control the temperature with your needle valves.
Tank five is a repeat of step four but this time open the throttle up 75%. Remember that you want to pulse the throttle and should never have the throttle open for longer than 1 second.
Tank six repeat step five but this time open the throttle up 100%. Remember that you want to pulse the throttle and should never have the throttle open for longer than 1 second. At this stage it is extremely important to watch temperatures as the engine can over heat very quickly and unexpectedly. In order to maintain temperature at this stage the engine should be running extremely rich.
Now your ready to take the car out and tune for performance your engine should be ready to go. Don't overdue it too much for the next 2 tanks but you should be able to drive around the track at a good speed but not race speed.
Old 12-16-2007, 07:06 AM
Tech Master

Is it normal that my piston head turn a bit black after break in? Any comment for GO engine user?
Old 12-16-2007, 07:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (86%+)

Is it normal that my piston head turn a bit black after break in? Any comment for GO engine user?
Eeeeeeee? Brown for sure la, but black...... Yeah I'd like to find out why too
Old 12-16-2007, 07:40 AM
Tech Elite

I feel black is normal
Old 12-16-2007, 04:10 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by razor_clawzz
Eeeeeeee? Brown for sure la, but black...... Yeah I'd like to find out why too
Let me re-phrase...is brown color la
Old 12-17-2007, 06:06 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

new engine sudah ada
engine pun sudah break in

So bila mau join offroad race?

Old 12-17-2007, 06:10 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by cbd5336

new engine sudah ada

aiya..bro...jangan peli I la...skill pun takde..macam mana nak join race? Nak cari sifu I untuk mengajar I mancam mana nak pandu buggy..
Old 12-18-2007, 07:16 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I think all of you have posted on this thread should come down to KL for the Hoboa Cup Race, this is the only way you guys can improve your driving skill... seems to be some of you guys got very good knowledge on this offroad thingy.. DARE TO TAKE THE CHALLENGE
Old 12-18-2007, 07:21 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

are you ising GO 5P engine? how's the performance? Low end?
Ya, I'm using Go 5P..good low end..but if you change to turbo head...the power is awesome... can match some of the branded engine like RB, OS...
Old 12-18-2007, 07:25 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by LoBil
I think all of you have posted on this thread should come down to KL for the Hoboa Cup Race, this is the only way you guys can improve your driving skill... seems to be some of you guys got very good knowledge on this offroad thingy.. DARE TO TAKE THE CHALLENGE
Hi Lobil, is a good invitation from you to join this Hobao Race. Actually few of us in Penang have plan to join next year HPC race which have Novice class. But 1st we need get approvel from our finance minister to get budget for the trip

But also very pai seh to join race with hand starter and not starter box

We will plan on it after Chinese New Year......
Old 12-18-2007, 07:25 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by LoBil
Hahahaha....My sifu can go for competition la...me cannot la..some more, no money to join race after upgrade all my stuff liao
Old 12-18-2007, 07:28 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by cbd5336

new engine sudah ada

Dia akan join HPC race.....wa sudah takut lor...........My old engine how to race with new engine.....So how's your Axe Rossi? Sudah break in?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.