Wiki Posts
Search

RCMART

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2007, 05:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Hi gents,

Sorry for being so secretive, it's nothing special really but I cannot disclose in public as I do not want to get into trouble with the law just in case they are looking.

As a compensation, I can share my personal experience on online shops :

1) www.rcmart.com - so far no problem. Takes a little time to process but ask for EMS & the items can get to you doorstep about 1 week+ from time of order

2) www.rc-mushroom.com - professional & fast

3) www.stellamodels.net - my fave for Tamiya models. Professional & fast. Did I say fast ? Ordered 2 Yokomo Drift models on Tuesday & the items at my office on Friday.

4) www.amainhobbies.com - big online store. I get offroad nitro stuff from them. If u specify EMS courier, item can to yor doorstep in about 1 week

5) www.stormerhobbies.com - pretty good too

6) www.rc-monster.com - BL & lipo power supplier. Been good to me but I can't seem to get him to do custom machining for me anymore

7) www.b-p-p.com - had a little problem on the first ever order from him but eventually got my stuff. Subsequent orders have been ok no problem

8) www.rcmodel.com.hk - never gonna order from them again. Charged me full amount & shipped partial with promise that the rest of the items will ship once they restock - never happened

9) www.rc4wd.com - same as above. I'm guessing they screw foreign buyers while serving locals

10) www.findesignrc.com - never ever gonna buy from them ever. Everyone who asks online whether they should buy from these guys I will strongly emphsize that these guys are no worth the time. Charged my cc twice for 1 transaction. The second charge came months afterwards. If I did not detect it, it would have gone through.

11) www.himodel.com - rise of China - I buy mostly a heli/plane stuff from this place. Shows that the Chinese are becoming a force to be reckoned with. Very professional. Will not take your money until they physically check their stock & confirm everything is in order. Cheap & acceptable quality

12) www.cheapbatterypacks.com - I buy batteries & battery building supplies from these guys

13) www.unitehobbies.com - another Chinese site - good dealings with them so far.

14) www.rajanghobby.com - ok, the're local to me but I like these guys based in Sibu, 8 hours bus ride away.

Take note that these are my personal experience & your mileague may vary.

Regards,
Joe Ling
Old 12-04-2007, 06:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by joeling
Hi gents,

Sorry for being so secretive, it's nothing special really but I cannot disclose in public as I do not want to get into trouble with the law just in case they are looking.

As a compensation, I can share my personal experience on online shops :

1) www.rcmart.com - so far no problem. Takes a little time to process but ask for EMS & the items can get to you doorstep about 1 week+ from time of order

2) www.rc-mushroom.com - professional & fast

3) www.stellamodels.net - my fave for Tamiya models. Professional & fast. Did I say fast ? Ordered 2 Yokomo Drift models on Tuesday & the items at my office on Friday.

4) www.amainhobbies.com - big online store. I get offroad nitro stuff from them. If u specify EMS courier, item can to yor doorstep in about 1 week

5) www.stormerhobbies.com - pretty good too

6) www.rc-monster.com - BL & lipo power supplier. Been good to me but I can't seem to get him to do custom machining for me anymore

7) www.b-p-p.com - had a little problem on the first ever order from him but eventually got my stuff. Subsequent orders have been ok no problem

8) www.rcmodel.com.hk - never gonna order from them again. Charged me full amount & shipped partial with promise that the rest of the items will ship once they restock - never happened

9) www.rc4wd.com - same as above. I'm guessing they screw foreign buyers while serving locals

10) www.findesignrc.com - never ever gonna buy from them ever. Everyone who asks online whether they should buy from these guys I will strongly emphsize that these guys are no worth the time. Charged my cc twice for 1 transaction. The second charge came months afterwards. If I did not detect it, it would have gone through.

11) www.himodel.com - rise of China - I buy mostly a heli/plane stuff from this place. Shows that the Chinese are becoming a force to be reckoned with. Very professional. Will not take your money until they physically check their stock & confirm everything is in order. Cheap & acceptable quality

12) www.cheapbatterypacks.com - I buy batteries & battery building supplies from these guys

13) www.unitehobbies.com - another Chinese site - good dealings with them so far.

14) www.rajanghobby.com - ok, the're local to me but I like these guys based in Sibu, 8 hours bus ride away.

Take note that these are my personal experience & your mileague may vary.

Regards,
Joe Ling
Thanks for sharing the links!!!
Old 12-23-2007, 06:16 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

nice link bro....
thanks
Old 12-23-2007, 05:58 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I got my TXT-1 from them, but not after I lost USD$200 due to their incompetency. My tip: find other online retailers or shop on eBay. RCMart isn't worth the trouble.

They might have good prices, but what's the point if you're gonna get fleeced anyway? Their English-challenged staff will be a headache to deal with, and they will mess things up. If you're on eBay, check out sellers 'speedie-racers' and 'integrajspec' - I trust them.
Old 05-02-2008, 03:24 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

yup...nice link bro
Old 07-04-2008, 01:36 AM
Tech Rookie

wow man,

great link and really useful to newbie like me...
I have just order and paid in rcmart.com

this is the 1st time i purchased RC stuff online...
really hope no problem in Malaysia KLIA custom

i used to purchase gadgets in ebay all the way from USA...most of the no problem, but some special item still will retain and need to settle in KLIA, sigh...

sifu there, please teach how to settle...

cheers,

Old 07-04-2008, 01:38 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by catkchun
did anyone try to purchase engine from rcmart? Do you need to pay tax or duty? Please advice as I might need to get a new engine from RCmart.
Yes, i wanna know about this too...
just do the 1st paid order,
hope everything fine fine...

cheers,
Old 07-05-2008, 07:06 PM
Tech Initiate

has anyone ordered a truggy from an international website? i'm thinking of ordering one from amainhobbies, can any sifu give some tips? maybe give me a PM? help will be much appreciated!! thanks
Old 07-05-2008, 08:44 PM
Tech Master

Hi,

Originally Posted by br0ther
has anyone ordered a truggy from an international website? i'm thinking of ordering one from amainhobbies, can any sifu give some tips? maybe give me a PM? help will be much appreciated!! thanks
Although I have never ordered any kit from them, I have bought spares & they are fast & reliable. They will not break the law. So, u are looking at 15% tax on top of whatever amount u paid. Please get them to declare as toy parts to enjoy the tax %. Otherwise, u are at the mercy of customs on how they interpret the content of the order. For example, some items like wire I think incur a huge tax % while others require AP !

Regards,
Joe Ling
Old 07-06-2008, 04:10 AM
Tech Regular

Aw hobby,

Dont scared others from buying stuffs from oversea. We all want to play rc but if the prices are too expensive in Malaysia, no one can blame them from buying from oversea.

Custom cant simply put any tax they want. They know for sure that they can only tax us based on the invoice stated on top of the parcel. So far, i havent heard of any case where custom simply tax as they like. As a member of public, we can file a complaint to their superior or we can demand reevaluation of the goods.
Old 07-06-2008, 04:46 AM
Tech Master

As I mentioned, the technique is to request the merchant to declare your items as 'toy parts'. There is custom code associated with this & customs will apply this code.

Regards,
Joe Ling
Old 07-06-2008, 05:32 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by azmio
Aw hobby,

Dont scared others from buying stuffs from oversea. We all want to play rc but if the prices are too expensive in Malaysia, no one can blame them from buying from oversea.

Custom cant simply put any tax they want. They know for sure that they can only tax us based on the invoice stated on top of the parcel. So far, i havent heard of any case where custom simply tax as they like. As a member of public, we can file a complaint to their superior or we can demand reevaluation of the goods.
100% agreed with you bro. If RC is for everyone to enjoy..then the price should be RIGHT!!...If too expensive here...sure people would resort to other sources.(overseas). Cannot blame them. It is thier hard earned money right!!
Old 07-08-2008, 07:02 AM
Tech Regular

Azmin,

I would like to support the local hobby shops but most of the prices are too expensive and not much choice. So I buy parts that I desperately in need from Thomas, Wong or AhChai, they can give reasonable prices on certain things.

If I can wait parts or I need an upgrade, I can either buy it from Stormer Hobbies or RC Mushroom.

Last edited by azmio; 07-08-2008 at 07:24 AM.
Old 07-08-2008, 07:55 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default HMMMMM

Originally Posted by mjc168
If you not plan to get any warranty product...you may try rcmart...since cheap mah....haha
u right man!!!!!!!! i have that one too.....they asking a defective item picture ....i sent to them...but till now no answer....
Old 07-08-2008, 08:37 AM
Tech Apprentice

your own money, shopping anywhere if u like

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.