Search

Truggy and buggy engine compatability

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2007, 03:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (86%+)
Default Truggy and buggy engine compatability

HI all,

I'm still new to the 1:8 Buggy scene, and am thinking of replacing the ori Kyosho GS21R with a .28 Truggy engine. Will it be a drop in? I just wanna have fun, no intentions to join any competition....yet
Old 10-28-2007, 03:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by razor_clawzz
HI all,

I'm still new to the 1:8 Buggy scene, and am thinking of replacing the ori Kyosho GS21R with a .28 Truggy engine. Will it be a drop in? I just wanna have fun, no intentions to join any competition....yet
i think it can be fitted but just worried whether your differential gear will damage or not as .28 engine is much more powerful than .21.
Old 10-28-2007, 03:43 AM
Tech Master

Hahaha...yeah, that's why I thought of going for a lower gear ratio, and just get a baseline model. What concerns me now is the engine height. It might put off the balance.....BTW, your Hyper 7 still for sale ah? Ekekekeke
Old 10-28-2007, 03:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by razor_clawzz
Hahaha...yeah, that's why I thought of going for a lower gear ratio, and just get a baseline model. What concerns me now is the engine height. It might put off the balance.....BTW, your Hyper 7 still for sale ah? Ekekekeke
Reserve till monday...if no feedback from buyer..will open up for sale again
Old 10-28-2007, 06:09 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

U r using pullstart engine right ???

Normally should not be any problem with the engine height if u r using starterbox.. If u use pullstart then the pullstart backplate might touch the chassis a litter bit...

I tried Hyper 7 with original spur and clutch bell with .28...No problem at all provided all the gear mesh is in good order.. DO not used Alum clutch with .28 or else u will go broke coz it will not last u long...Used normal carbon clutch with .9 spring..

Which truggy engine u wanna put in with??

My 2 cents

Cheers
Old 10-28-2007, 07:03 AM
mcj
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default GS XUT

I have a GS XUT truggy and was previously running a Werks .21 engine in it. I recenly changed it to the werks .28 engine without changing anything at all. It works perfectly fine. The engine is generally the same dimensions, i didnt even change the engine mounting. Even the meshing was still correct. Truggy so far running fine, and in fact i think the .28 makes the truggy more responsive.

CJ
Old 10-28-2007, 08:11 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by dude07
U r using pullstart engine right ???

Normally should not be any problem with the engine height if u r using starterbox.. If u use pullstart then the pullstart backplate might touch the chassis a litter bit...

I tried Hyper 7 with original spur and clutch bell with .28...No problem at all provided all the gear mesh is in good order.. DO not used Alum clutch with .28 or else u will go broke coz it will not last u long...Used normal carbon clutch with .9 spring..

Which truggy engine u wanna put in with??

My 2 cents

Cheers
Hi dude07,
Yeah I'm using a pull start, and it seems that a .28 pullstart engine has potential mounting risks. I'm thinking of the LRP .28 going for RM699 at HPC. Or maybe find a good 2nd hand one Thanks for giving the heads up!
Old 10-28-2007, 08:27 PM
Tech Adept

If u have intention to use pullstart engine, then it might have slight problem but I think u should use the bumpstart engine which use starterbox. Get the LRP Spec3 truggy engine. U will get insane power and to some extend, u will unable to control it..kekekekekekekekekekekekeke

I am using it on my truggy and still with loads of power..

Cheers

Old 10-28-2007, 09:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (98%+)

Originally Posted by dude07
If u have intention to use pullstart engine, then it might have slight problem but I think u should use the bumpstart engine which use starterbox. Get the LRP Spec3 truggy engine. U will get insane power and to some extend, u will unable to control it..kekekekekekekekekekekekeke

I am using it on my truggy and still with loads of power..

Cheers

Hey sifu, dont recommanded use LRP .28 on buggy lah........kekekekekeke.....That over fast n bang my buggy ass how

razor, that LRP .28 really fast n power..........hear n follow what my sifu told.....
Old 10-29-2007, 05:07 AM
Tech Adept

me no sifu ler...me also beginner and at learning stage also lorrrrr...

However, for buggy, any .28 will be too much.. Maybe u can try out Mach .28which is price reasonable...

My 2 cents