RC knowledge sharing

Old 09-24-2007, 01:11 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by catkchun
Pls refer to attached pix. How's the looking, ok boh? Hope can use for bashing, it definitely will keep my shock clean!

nice la
shock will be almost dirt free
but where to get that ballon in kuantan loooo

Old 09-24-2007, 01:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Bro,

Go and try find it in sourvenier shop or gift shop...if I not mistaken Megamall have that kind of shop.

Just a suggestion..
Old 09-24-2007, 02:03 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by penyegat6
Bro,

Go and try find it in sourvenier shop or gift shop...if I not mistaken Megamall have that kind of shop.

Just a suggestion..

from kuantan ?
bule bashing 2gether if like that looo

Old 09-24-2007, 03:35 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cbd5336

from kuantan ?

i think u can find the ballon in any supermarket, under toys department.
Old 09-24-2007, 04:30 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by catkchun
Pls refer to attached pix. How's the looking, ok boh? Hope can use for bashing, it definitely will keep my shock clean!
Tested the ballon on shock..."berkesan" you all should give it a try!!!
Old 09-25-2007, 12:32 AM
Tech Master

from kuantan ?

No..looo...from kemaman
On road rc...loooo...
Offroad...coming soon...
Old 09-25-2007, 02:57 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

hi the to all kakis..

i was wondering mcm maner nk obtain internal ratio....i am aware that each car has their own internal ratio..so mcm maner nk kira ek...or theres a special website that can help?thanks
Old 10-18-2007, 12:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (98%+)

Originally Posted by TeeKuang
RM10 note as size comparison.

Bro TeeKuang, how the ballon work on the absorber shaft? Can it last long? I try to close the whole spring by ballon and it only last me one day bashing. After few days it started "KOYAK" Now I remove everything. Let me know how it work on ur Hyper. That original rubber cost RM30+ lor.......If your ballon do the job then I will try to cari cari.
Old 10-18-2007, 04:07 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by tkhoo
Bro TeeKuang, how the ballon work on the absorber shaft? Can it last long? I try to close the whole spring by ballon and it only last me one day bashing. After few days it started "KOYAK" Now I remove everything. Let me know how it work on ur Hyper. That original rubber cost RM30+ lor.......If your ballon do the job then I will try to cari cari.
mine lasted about 3/4 to 1 gallon, it's pretty tough. And, my buggy is not hyper, it's GS CL-1. 13MM shocks, 3.5MM shaft. some shocks doesn't work with balloon, (not sure about your's) because the shocks seal area is pretty sharp, that will tear it apart. while mine shocks seal area is made of Teflon, which is friendly to the balloon.
Old 10-18-2007, 04:31 AM
Tech Fanatic

One more to share... what ARO do you guys use? I use ATF Automatic Transmission Fluid. last time I use synthetic engine oil but now switch to ATF, IMHO, ATF is more superior in order to keep your engine's internal clean due to ATF itself had high content of detergent, after a gallon, my crank shaft still shiny and the bearing still in very good shape, almost no sign of any gum, carbon or any residue. how much do you guys put ARO inside of your engine? 4 drops? if so, it's better not to use ARO, because 4 drops almost doesn't help at all. Be careful, don't let dirt enter your engine, dirt is primary enemy to your engine. I usually squirt it inside my engine through carb, crank it for few seconds then squirt a bit more then crank again. I didn't remove glow plug, it's not necessary as you might risk dirt entering combustion chamber. you may say use air compressor to blow away dirt, but how many of you own an air compressor? I've tried to put only 4 drops of ARO, you know what, when I open up the engine, the ARO didn't cover all of engine internal. when I use my method, all the engine's internal is covered by a layer reddish oil.. that means the ARO is protecting my resting engine. it's just my noob experience.. you may disagree.. but don't flame me.

Tee Kuang.
Old 10-18-2007, 04:46 AM
Tech Fanatic

Too many to share with all of you guys, but no photo.. last time I use my Stainless Steel welding set and dremel to rebuilt my worn diff outdrive, I use the welding set to fill stainless steel inside worn area of diff outdrive then use the dremel to remove the excessive weld, my diff outdrive looks new after that. friend of mine ask me "how much you bought your new diff outdrive cup?" I said, it's not new, it's rebuilt/reconditioned. I wish I have photos.. so you guys got the idea what i'm talking about. and practice with your welding set if you own one... and your hands need to be very steady of you will end up melting your diff outdrive cup. just want to share the way to cut costs playing RC.

Sorry for my lousy english..
Tee Kuang.

Last edited by TeeKuang; 10-18-2007 at 05:33 AM.
Old 10-18-2007, 05:22 AM
Tech Elite

mine lasted about 3/4 to 1 gallon, it's pretty tough. And, my buggy is not hyper, it's GS CL-1. 13MM shocks, 3.5MM shaft. some shocks doesn't work with balloon, (not sure about your's) because the shocks seal area is pretty sharp, that will tear it apart. while mine shocks seal area is made of Teflon, which is friendly to the balloon.
Opppp! Sorry, forgot you owned GS CL-1. If can last almost 1 gallon is a not bad reasult. I try to find this type of ballon locally. May I know the ballon thickness same like normal round ballon or more thick? Will try your mathod. Thanks.
Old 10-18-2007, 05:26 AM
Tech Elite

One more to share... what ARO do you guys use? I use ATF Automatic Transmission Fluid. last time I use synthetic engine oil but now switch to ATF, IMHO, ATF is more superior in order to keep your engine's internal clean due to ATF itself had high content of detergent, after a gallon, my crank shaft still shiny and the bearing still in very good shape, almost no sign of any gum, carbon or any residue. how much do you guys put ARO inside of your engine? 4 drops? if so, it's better not to use ARO, because 4 drops almost doesn't help at all. Be careful, don't let dirt enter your engine, dirt is primary enemy to your engine. I usually squirt it inside my engine through carb, crank it for few seconds then squirt a bit more then crank again. I didn't remove glow plug, it's not necessary as you might risk dirt entering combustion chamber. you may say use air compressor to blow away dirt, but how many of you own an air compressor? I've tried to put only 4 drops of ARO, you know what, when I open up the engine, the ARO didn't cover all of engine internal. when I use my method, all the engine's internal is covered by a layer reddish oil.. that means the ARO is protecting my resting engine. it's just my noob experience.. you may disagree.. but don't flame me.

Tee Kuang.

Yes, I use ATF from the 1st day I run GP. But I used to drop it on the glow plug area but you are right, it very easy to let the dirt going into engine. You mean you drop from the carb? Yes, that also a good place to drop in but lately I saw on other forum saying that if we run the engine weekly it doest matter to put everytime. For me, sometime I also forgot to put.....but I always clear up the fuel in tank and fuel tubing and leave glow hearter on the engine for ~5 second to make sure the glow is dry up.
Old 10-18-2007, 05:28 AM
Tech Elite

Too many to share with all of you guys, but no photo.. last time I use my Stainless Steel welding set and dremel to rebuilt my worn diff cup, I use the welding set to fill stainless steel inside worn area of diff cup then use the dremel to remove the excessive weld, my diff cup looks new after that. friend of mine ask me "how much you bought your new diff cup?" I said, it's not new, it's rebuilt/reconditioned. I wish I have photos.. so you guys got the idea what i'm talking about. and practice with your welding set if you own one... and your hands need to be very steady of you will end up melting your diff cup. just want to share the way to cut costs playing RC.

Sorry for my lousy english..
Tee Kuang.
I know what you mean to fill in the metal on the diff. And also understand what you are saying... YOUE engilish is better then me
Old 10-18-2007, 05:36 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by tkhoo
I know what you mean to fill in the metal on the diff. And also understand what you are saying... YOUE engilish is better then me
not diff sorry... haha.. made you confuse, it's diff outdrive cup. when it excessively worn, it will catch your shaft pin and break it.
Attached Thumbnails RC knowledge sharing-xr-335130.jpg  

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.