Old 05-29-2003, 07:14 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Chim Seng Hobby in Johor Jaya.

They are friendly people.
Old 05-29-2003, 09:17 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally posted by pokemon
i find this acme very expensive larrr compared to kl...

Acme = + + +

but they carry many parts for alot of brand .... the only thing good abt the shop .....
Old 05-30-2003, 10:32 AM
GT1
Tech Apprentice

Originally posted by jfc_tech
WE have a dealer here in Centre Point KK Sabah. I know the GS pro is good, now im wondering the GS Vision RTR is good enough for racing???? I've just got one(Loan ), everything is stock except the digital servos i replaced. There's a race this weekend 31/5 & 1/6, i hope i can qualify at least B-main. that will be my day !

For info, this is my 1st time really driving nitro car!! I tot i gonna use the NTC3...but since im sponsored(sort of)...i gonna try my best on the GS. Hopefully the GS is up to expectation. If it is, I will order the GS Pro!!

GS RTR for the race?....RTR could overheat fast..i'm using it rite now..couldn't get the best setting for the engine yet..the belt in the middle is not so tight..better change it ..get the tight one..sometimes it will take out ..can spoil ur race..try first ..RTR not so bad..
Old 06-01-2003, 04:20 AM
Tech Adept

Default RE

Thanks for the info!!!
Old 06-03-2003, 10:40 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

AHHHH GS RTR

Just recovered from very tiring race last weekend. AND You know what?? I got 1st Runner-up in the B main!!! Using the GS Vision RTR Who says technique & never died engine will not get you on the podium???

I could have won if not my rear left camber link pop-out & left me 3 wheel driving till the end!! Due to not enough time, the race only lasted 15mins...and i only filled my tank only once!!! My 1st experience is maybe a lady luck but i fulfilled my dream of being in the B-main.

Now, im looking for the GS pro...it looks awesome
Old 06-03-2003, 11:00 PM
Tech Champion

Check this GS Vision totally RTR...well except the tire. I prefer sorex 36R on this particular track...the Foam just didn't grip as it supposed to..Well at least according to the TQ guy..(Now who am i to say the opposite??? )
Attached Thumbnails GS Racing RC-gsbody.jpg  
Old 06-05-2003, 09:20 PM
GT1
Tech Apprentice

Originally posted by jfc_tech
AHHHH GS RTR

Just recovered from very tiring race last weekend. AND You know what?? I got 1st Runner-up in the B main!!! Using the GS Vision RTR Who says technique & never died engine will not get you on the podium???

I could have won if not my rear left camber link pop-out & left me 3 wheel driving till the end!! Due to not enough time, the race only lasted 15mins...and i only filled my tank only once!!! My 1st experience is maybe a lady luck but i fulfilled my dream of being in the B-main.

Now, im looking for the GS pro...it looks awesome
impressive!!!
Old 06-05-2003, 10:42 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Ah congrat,

Finally another victory for budget racers. You sure put those faster engine to shame.

Gradually, take your time. But when you comes to the A main, you definitely need to upgrade something.

Enjoy the hobby and your win.
Old 06-06-2003, 07:17 PM
Tech Champion

Thanks Danny...u make my day.
1 tip i know on how to make yer RTR faster is the exhaust thing mod. it's not a mod exactly...its actually just remove the baffler inside the 2 pieces exhaust. The only purpose for the baffler is to lessen the noise & thus restricted the power output. It's like exchanging yer stock wira exhaust from 2inches to 3.5 inches...it sound better and make u faster in the same time.

I use 25% fuel & 2 half turn high needle (standard)... it works. damn i need to learn a lot man. Next project, the STS engine(black heatsink). I wish the stock car can handle the power. finger crossed.

Old 06-07-2003, 10:01 AM
GT1
Tech Apprentice

jfc,
what else u did to that GS?..
Old 06-07-2003, 08:34 PM
Tech Champion

Well GT1....other than rebuilding the kit back, cleaning the bearings, putting harder grease(CV-S grease used in auto) in the gear diffs, changed the ball cup to RPM ball cup, exchange the useless turnbuckle for easy setting up and putting a fixed belt tensioner for the front belt. All these from my EP toolbox!

WHEN my money permits, i will get them, one by one, the graphite option or the purple alum from http://www.rcpitstop.com.my . Especially the brake bracket with bearing & F/R shock tower.

Till all these happen...i just run the car and enjoy the nitro smoke hahaha
Old 06-08-2003, 11:51 AM
Tech Fanatic

any comment on the GS closed race this coming race??
Old 06-08-2003, 08:19 PM
Tech Regular

You can actually replace the grease by silicone oil in your diff like the pro..

the rtr normally have a habit of popping the center belt. did u put a tensioner for this belt or the front one ?

other mods u can do is

1. replace the exhaust
2. change heat sink
3. remove pull starter (u need a starter box)

as for shock tower and brake braces..might not be necessary unless u have a powerful engine

my 2 cents..
Old 06-08-2003, 08:45 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by pokemon
You can actually replace the grease by silicone oil in your diff like the pro..

the rtr normally have a habit of popping the center belt. did u put a tensioner for this belt or the front one ?

other mods u can do is

1. replace the exhaust
2. change heat sink
3. remove pull starter (u need a starter box)

as for shock tower and brake braces..might not be necessary unless u have a powerful engine

my 2 cents..
The guru of GS speaks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.