Search

Malaysian National Championship (MNC) 2007

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2007, 05:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Bigguy,

IMPORTANT : ALL DRIVERS CAN ONLY REGISTER FOR ONE EVENT DURING EACH MNC ROUND
Does this mean one cannot register for Stock(Novice or sportsman) + Modified + M-chassis?

P5,
Fuiyoh......... dam lucky for not being labled as "Buaya" . But then again from competitive standpoint, in Modified class "Buaya" and "Cicak" are together. In short die also.......

OM
Old 01-30-2007, 06:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Pak Ya & Old-man

The M-Chassis & Speed Race are novelty events. Normally they are scheduled on Saturday. They are fun races to support MNC events. The actual MNC events are the 1/10 Touring races.

Therefore everybody can run in M-Chassis plus 1 MNC event.

The purpose of restricting to only one event is to allow more focus on competition and budget control.
Old 01-30-2007, 06:33 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by bgdesmoulin
1) MNC 2007 Race Category

MNC 2007 categories are as follows :

1) 1/10 Touring Novice - Stock 23T Motor
2) 1/10 Touring Sportsman - Controlled Motor (Motor to be announced)
3) 1/10 Touring Open - Modified (BRUSHLESS ALLOWED)
4) M-Chassis 45 ala GP race
5) Sprint Race
Zul,

My opinion is to 'reword' it to:

MAIN EVENT

* DRIVERS CAN REGISTER FOR ONE 'CATEGORY' ONLY IN THE MAIN EVENT DURING EACH MNC ROUND.

SUPPORT EVENT
5) Sprint Race

* OPEN TO EVERYBODY

Salam
Old 01-30-2007, 07:53 PM
KoE
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

The purpose of restricting to only one event is to allow more focus on competition and budget control.
it can't be quite right....those drivers in multiple categories knew what they were up to budget-wise. I dare not ask those drivers...if they were not focussed in any of their events after opting for multiple categories. Even if they weren't, no one forced 'em in, in the 1st place.

Afterall more drivers equates more $$, a lil' more hassle management-wise perhaps...but i suppose i knew a little less then
Old 01-30-2007, 08:12 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Since all catergories had been presented in the forum, I have a few questions here after reading the 1st cut, 2nd cut, 3rd cut so forth;

1. How many participant you expect for Open Modified category considering
all the cuts to identify the Buayas and non buayas
2. How many anak buaya for sportsman category.
3. How many anak cicak for novice category.

Considering your statement One Main Event per person, let me forecast entry as such;
1. Open Modified - 20pax
2. Sportsman - 20pax
3. Novice - 20pax (some will not take part if given a choice)

Note:
Special Offer !!! Novac Brushless for sale - cant use it anymore. Not good enough.
Old 01-30-2007, 09:08 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Comments I entered in QDrace last October.

Re: RC MALAYSIAN NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP 2006 (MNC)
Pak Ya
MARCC
Pro Racer

Pengerusi, Perak Auto RC Racing Association

Is there a possibility of registering all drivers for the MNC for next year series.

Registeration is to determine level of skill of competency.
1. Expert
2. Intermediate
3. Norvice.

We have been blurred by the Buaya statement and forgets about the main intention of the MNC - Malaysian National Championship.

To provide a plain playing field for all Malaysian. Each in his/her own category of skill levels. Not to cater for buayas and not so buaya.

Consider out-town drivers like me who plays RC for the fun of it and never getting to practise at TTwangsa. Come on race day put the car on the track just run and still manage OK in races. Can I achieved a 22 lap and to be called - BUAYA (coveted symbol for skill/expert drivers). If given a chance to compete I may improve but if barred than all intention becomes here say.

I am named as an Advisor, here is my advice. Look out of the BOX. Are we encouraging participants or discouraging? I am not being selfish here for I am at my tail end of this hobby. My days are numbered but the new guys need to be nutured.

Thanks.

Last edited by yamdali; 01-30-2007 at 10:09 PM.
Old 01-30-2007, 09:17 PM
Tech Master

Overall Litar Titiwangsa can only accomodate 75 drivers maximum. It doesn't matter how many will register in each open modified, sportsman or novice, the show will go on - As long it does not exceed the max 75.

As for now we are compiling all results and will list the buaya/anak cicak list.

If you see the trend in any RC series, the number of participants will decrease as the series progresses. But this is not the case for MNC 2006. Statistics to review :

MNC 1 - Stock 23, Mod 18
MNC 2 - Stock 32, Mod 28
MNC 3 - Stock 40, Mod 33

Many will be promoted to Open Modified & Sportsman Cat in MNC 2007. But there are many new players who which to come in as Novice. After 2006 MNC 3, the number of new players have increased at TTwangsa. Those in sprint racing and drift are eager to race in MNC. Also there are GP drivers who wish to have a go at EP (thanks to Hobbizone & CapAyam for their participation in MNC3). With proper motivation and guide, we will see them in MNC 2007.

Also MNC is not about $$$. It is also about players development. We are not focussing on the buayas that registered in more than one event. During in 2006 MNC 3 it is just another RM 350. Even they have complaints

But limiting to ONE entry per driver, we are encouraging new drivers and "so-so" drivers to be more focus and to race with budget they can afford. We do no want these drivers to get "stale" and leave the rc scene ASAP. This is what has happened during the QD boom - "Ppl come ppl Go". Now many of them are coming back and we do hope they will stay in the scene forever. Yes, ppl like Narol, Zai, Mahathir, Awie, Hazrul, Zul Auldey, Lan Budak Atuk, Agus have comeback and many will be coming back.

We cannot satisfy everybody. We understand some will have different opinions. But we must have a starting point to differentiate players in a plain field and let them compete based on their skills and level.

There are many other critical issues that need to be addressed - Racing format, homologation, positioning MNC for sponsorship & development, government assistance, attracting foreign partcipation for MNC 2007 Rd 5 (Grand Final).

Rgds
Old 01-30-2007, 09:31 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Jamal D'Maz
Zul,

My opinion is to 'reword' it to:

MAIN EVENT

* DRIVERS CAN REGISTER FOR ONE 'CATEGORY' ONLY IN THE MAIN EVENT DURING EACH MNC ROUND.

SUPPORT EVENT
5) Sprint Race

* OPEN TO EVERYBODY

Salam
You got it right. Also :

Those who is considered BUAYA can ONLY race in either:

1) SPORTSMAN CATEGORY OR
2) OPEN CATEGORY

THOSE who is considered NOVICE (Anak Cicak) can race in either :

1) STOCK MOTOR OR
2) SPORTSMAN CATEGORY OR
3) OPEN CATEGORY

THOSE who is considered as SPORTSMAN can ONLY race in SPORTSMAN CATEGORY ONLY.
Old 01-30-2007, 09:43 PM
tornado

so, i'm a novice ?

Old 01-30-2007, 09:48 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by tornado
so, i'm a novice ?
Hahaha Tornado, look on the bright side, at least you are NOT a Buaya, muahahahaha!!!
Old 01-30-2007, 09:50 PM
Tech Master

One more consideration for us to discuss :

6th Cut - Advisory Board of Appointed Seasoned Drivers
The board will determine whether drivers who are not in MNC 2005 & 2006 ranking and RCAC 2006 GP Ranking to be categorised under NOVICE, SPORTSMAN and EXPERT.

This has not been blueprinted in MNC 2007 program. Pls give your opinion.
Old 01-30-2007, 09:54 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Why dont we just set a fixed list of rules for the stock class race?

Example :-

1. A particular Brand of Motor only (arrange with LHS for special price for that race only) Like Round 1, only Yokomo Motors, Round 2 , only Xenon Motors, Round 3, only Team Orion/HPI Motors, then on the Final Any of the 3 motors can be used. This way the LHS get to sell or make the quota on their brand products. Past Example LRP race (only LRP Motors)

2. Limit the gear ratios that can be used. There are many who over gear till the motor burns. Penalised those who burn/cook their motors during the heats. By not burning the motors, it will keep cost and competition in check. Just like the Tamiya M-chassis.
Old 01-30-2007, 09:54 PM
Tech Regular

One more consideration for us to discuss :

6th Cut - Advisory Board of Appointed Season Drivers
The board will determine whether drivers who are not in MNC 2005 & 2006 ranking and RCAC 2006 GP Ranking to be categorised under NOVICE, SPORTSMAN and EXPERT.

This has not been blueprinted in MNC 2007 program. Pls give your opinion.
Bigguy,
The Rules you posted already very clear. The segregation will be based on Points from previous MNC rounds. What's wrong with that?
Old 01-30-2007, 09:58 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

There are many reasons why people would to race R/C cars, perhaps it is the competition or simply just to have fun. For whatever the reason, racing will always be an expensive exercise. Those who choose to participate will know what they are up for. There will be people that want to race in stock exclusively and also those that want to race in multiple classes. To limit individuals as to where and what class they can only race will turn people away from the hobby.

As Malaysia does not really have a club racing system in place to develop junior drivers. We rely mainly on a buddy system to attract newcomers into the sport. One must understand, each major race is virtually a nationals level competition. Hence, I feel that there should not be any restrictions as to what class you enter no matter your experience.
Old 01-30-2007, 10:01 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by James khoo
Proceed5.lucky for you.you're not BUAYA!
Aikya,cannot play together in stock class
Heeeellllo Buaya James , novice rookie here,
Hahaha, I like 23Turns, it is more economical to run....I cannot afford all those super equipments you guys have lahh.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.