Wiki Posts
Search

Problems with new starter

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2006, 02:55 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Problems with new starter

Hi everyone...........

I've a problem that need your help since I'm still new to R/C world. Recently I played my truggy and suddenly my starter won't work. So I'm puzzle on waht had caused the motor to be dead all the sudden and i've just bought it a few weeks earlier.

Hope can get some guidance...........Ciao
Old 12-06-2006, 03:10 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by asar5205
Hi everyone...........

I've a problem that need your help since I'm still new to R/C world. Recently I played my truggy and suddenly my starter won't work. So I'm puzzle on waht had caused the motor to be dead all the sudden and i've just bought it a few weeks earlier.

Hope can get some guidance...........Ciao
are you good in electronic?basic wiring?try shorting direct 12v batt supplt to motor,see if its working,it is?the check stater contact point.what barnd you bought the box?somtimes the extra plastic part melted and became a layer..check the connector too,maybe the pin inside came loose..

trust me its more easier than ur truggy engine cannot start...
Old 12-06-2006, 07:38 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

asar5205...

Its seems like a Bad Connection/ Contact problem...

Either you are not getting the Power to Charge your Starter Batteries or Maybe its the Starter Switch contact.

Also possibly, you could have fried your Starter motor!!!

If you need my help... You can PM me!!!

Or temporarily, you can use a cordless drill to start...
Old 12-06-2006, 05:57 PM
Tech Adept

anyone here know how much & where can i get a new motor...i own thunder tiger starter box. i think mine is dilapilated already...
Old 12-06-2006, 06:02 PM
Tech Regular

Take it apart and check are the Brushes worn...

Maybe your starter can still be saved!!!
Old 12-06-2006, 06:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Since you have bought it new I think you should go back to where ever you got it form and get it rectified by the shop. If it was a used unit you have bought then DIY loo...

Pearldiver, how are you dude! I would recommend againts using TT's motor, they heat up abnormally fast, I have toasted 2 of my thundertigers motor before this.

A new unit motor would be about RM90 to pay for. Jalan Pasar has got tons for peanuts
Old 12-06-2006, 06:46 PM
Tech Adept

@devious17...
im good! hows ur new car?..4 second faster lap time compare to ur old X5... yeah ur rite, the TT motor (mine) sucks, not durable at all...time for replacement. what's the size of the motor?
TS..sorry, pinjam ur thread!
Old 12-08-2006, 09:51 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by devious17
Since you have bought it new I think you should go back to where ever you got it form and get it rectified by the shop. If it was a used unit you have bought then DIY loo...

Pearldiver, how are you dude! I would recommend againts using TT's motor, they heat up abnormally fast, I have toasted 2 of my thundertigers motor before this.

A new unit motor would be about RM90 to pay for. Jalan Pasar has got tons for peanuts
For Peanuts, you get monkeys!!!

Anyway in Pasar Rd...

The 550 motor cost RM35.00 only.
Old 12-08-2006, 11:29 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hey guys, thanks for this info. No wonder my TT starter "kaput" becoz of overheat. apa tidak... use with my new STS28 truggy engine. OVERLOAD!
SMOKE came out!

now im using the bigger ofna one. The one with handstarter motor inside.
Old 12-09-2006, 05:28 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by jfc_tech
Hey guys, thanks for this info. No wonder my TT starter "kaput" becoz of overheat. apa tidak... use with my new STS28 truggy engine. OVERLOAD!
SMOKE came out!

now im using the bigger ofna one. The one with handstarter motor inside.
aiyo...u better invest in sugarcane pulstater lor...
Old 12-09-2006, 06:10 AM
Tech Rookie

Thanks guys for ur help.........

I'll be taking the starter back to the shop i've bought it earlier since it's still new. Is true that improper usage could lead to the problem in the first place coz the last time I play the car my younger brother use the truggy starter to start the buggy.
Old 12-09-2006, 04:37 PM
Tech Master

Irregardless of what you are trying to start with your starterbox a good unit should not give you any problem.

Send it back to the shop to get it sorted as your "warranty" is still valid.

Good luck.
Old 12-09-2006, 06:15 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by devious17
Irregardless of what you are trying to start with your starterbox a good unit should not give you any problem.

Send it back to the shop to get it sorted as your "warranty" is still valid.

Good luck.
i wanna comment on that "irregardless" thing.
my previous starterbox is good. no problem starting new engine. It started my new serpent equipped Nova Max 12P like a truck power put on a kancil thing. Its tight but it started easily. but for bigger engine like anything more than 25 engine. it goes kaput.
so the "good unit of starterbox should not give problem" comment only valid for good for its intended engine class only. Its valid, if the bigger engine already worn out..like after 10 gallons or so.
for exmple, Ofna got many choices of starterbox. why many? coz they know, bigger engine need bigger motor power / torque. i dont think they recommend their smaller startebox for the truggy use. i doubt they can guarantee it wont smoke. to those wanna try, of coz. at their own risk+money.

but i do agree on the "Send it back to the shop to get it sorted as your "warranty" is still valid.
Yea. send it back. get yer money worth. i use this process many time. the shop shud help started yer engine or replace the motor or whatever. unless, you're not a newbie on nitro. then probably the shopowner said, "itulah kau, baru tau!" something teasing like thatlah.
Old 12-09-2006, 06:36 PM
Tech Adept

so what's is the ideal motor size for .21 buggy engine? can someone reckon me a good brand with estimatd price n shop plz. tq. jln pasar? prefer shop that provide postage service...
Old 12-10-2006, 12:13 AM
Tech Master

I have used one starter box for all my off-roaders without any hassle of getting them all to fire up. I have sold both buggy and truggy and the starterbox is still alive and kicking

I guess it is how you abuse the starter box that determines it's life span, I always set the guideing pins to sit in such a way it does not stress the motor at all. Some fella like to setup the box at an angle because the flywheel already 'botak' so to get a little 'grip' the guide pin was set 'senget'

Secondly, if your starterbox is one of those "charity type" surely tapau even before the wheel is worn down. I 've given up being a nice guy, whenever anyone asks if he could use my starter box I will always reply a firm NO. As for glow plug starter I always keep a dummy in by tool box. Anyone asks to borrow it he'll get the dud

Call me stingy or anything but if you cant take care of your own stuff you shouldnt be at the tracks!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.