Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tamiya Asia Cup Qualifying 2007

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2006, 01:57 AM
Tech Regular

Great, queries replied, thanks.

Hehe, the Rollbars shall be returned to Stargek TU and replaced with Ori 415 ones. Yeah!.
Ok, will bring to TU the TZ and RZ motors for tagging.
Ok, will bring to TU the Type A tyres for tagging.

Cheers Bro.
Old 10-17-2006, 03:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Proceed5,

I think the Safety Issue is a fair comment.
But kindly note that the root of such problems of cars going airborne and hitting a spectator is NOT necessary a cause of using brushless motors.
A 23T-Stock-powered GT Car for example when airborne, too would do hurt to any spectator retrospect. Thus the Safety Issue is a seperate topic.
True enough 23T motored cars do go fast, but BL motored cars are even faster. Its a question of safety boundry in relation to the ultimate speed of the cars/motors in question. Which one will do more damage, a car travelling at 100kmh or the car at 150kmh? Want to try it? you sit on the track I'll drive both these cars at top speed straight into your butt. You tell me which one hurts more. Or which one sends you to hostpital.

Yes, you are also correct in saying that the TRF Cars costs a lot already. But the fact is majority of the guys running the MRE's already has Brushless ESC systems installed (but may be using Brushed motors la).
Thats right, but most of the BL ESC can be reconfig. to run brushed system making the conversion even cheaper. No need to buy new ESC. Godd point.

By the way, do you reckon a GT-classed car is cheaper than a TRFC Class? hmmmm, let me go over to your place and calculate for u want ?
Anyone can afford a basic TA05, Can anyone afford a basic TRF 1/10? Only few guys like yourself decided to go all out on the hop-up path for the TA05. Half of the stuff you have are nice-to-have stuff. Thats why its costing so much. Otherwise it is very affordable.

If one do some maths of Brushless versus Brushed, Brushless in the long-run is supposed to be cheaper than Brushed.
Its indeed true that brushes on brushed motors cost money to replace. Having said that, how many brushed motors can you buy at the cost of a BL motor? 10 pieces? Or how many brushes? 60 pairs? Ask any regular guy to choose to fork out between RM100+ and RM1200+ for a motor and see whats thier answer is. Go figure.

But if the "Authorities" were to introduce a Stock 23T (for example) to power the TRFC Cars, then what's the point ?
Then this is down to simply to prove true chassis performance. Unless you are saying you need a brushless motor to beat the TA05's.
Old 10-17-2006, 04:00 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by old-man
True enough 23T motored cars do go fast, but BL motored cars are even faster. Its a question of safety boundry in relation to the ultimate speed of the cars/motors in question. Which one will do more damage, a car travelling at 100kmh or the car at 150kmh? Want to try it? you sit on the track I'll drive both these cars at top speed straight into your butt. You tell me which one hurts more. Or which one sends you to hostpital.
Old-man,
Firstly, your initial posting suggested for safety issue. Per se, it is a separate issue altogther. Look, any car whether fast or slow would do damage and hurts if land on any mortals. Therefore based on safety pre-emptive measure, if wanna be so extremely safe, then u better suggest the 'authorities' to build a clear china wall lo.

Then it is always up to the 'authorities' to do something with barriers per se.

Thats right, but most of the BL ESC can be reconfig. to run brushed system making the conversion even cheaper. No need to buy new ESC. Godd point.
Going forward, many people are buying the BL ESC (not necessary with the BL Motor) & are configuring it to run with Brushed motors. Off course the decision is very clear, very obvious. Go for BL ESC when the cost of one BL ESC (eg. Novak GTB / LRP Sphere Comp) (minus BL Motor) is a mere RM750-RM800 which is only a bit higher than a similar range similar spec Brushed ESC like Novak GTX or LRP QC2 which has a retail tag of near RM700 a piece. Do the maths la.

Anyone can afford a basic TA05, Can anyone afford a basic TRF 1/10? Only few guys like yourself decided to go all out on the hop-up path for the TA05. Half of the stuff you have are nice-to-have stuff. Thats why its costing so much. Otherwise it is very affordable.
The TA05 is an affordable car to start with and it is really fun to have it hopped-up and thats a personal decision to do. Well if you say "nice-to-have" then please re-think.. do you think a Spool and/or One-ways are dress ups? I dont think so, these are tuning options. Ti Screws, well wouldn't you want to lighten the car for better handling? wouldn't u want UJ drive shafts instead of dog bones? wouldn't you want alum shocks? .... these all costs money and they are definitely NOT dress up items. Pardon me, but hey you should know better, you are far more experienced than myself in such area...

The TRF Cars are definitely more attractive and more affordable as it requires almost minimal or none hop-ups.

Its indeed true that brushes on brushed motors cost money to replace. Having said that, how many brushed motors can you buy at the cost of a BL motor? 10 pieces? Or how many brushes? 60 pairs? Ask any regular guy to choose to fork out between RM100+ and RM1200+ for a motor and see whats thier answer is. Go figure.
My dearest Friend, again, you are not making an Apple-with-Apple comparison. A similar performance Modified Brushed Motor would cost you in the region of circle RM330 Retail (eg Orion V2) comparing to BL Novak 4.5R Velociti which retails for RM458. Price differential = RM120.
Please do not go comparing BL motors with Stock 23T motors. BL motors churns out circle 50k RPM comparing to 23T's a mere 31k RPM. They are worlds apart! If one wishes to go Modifieds, BL is the future & worth considering!

Next, on to Modified Brushed Motors, a pair of reasonable-performance Brushes would cost about RM20.00 and these needs to be replaced quite often maybe say every 5-15packs (if can last this long la). Compare that to a brushless which firstly requires no Comm-cutting (i.e. maintenance free) + no need to change brushes. Friend, you go figure lah. I think you have not been shopping around lately la.. a bit outdated. WHERE got a BL motor as per you quote costs RM1,200? RM1,200 is complete package priced with BL ESC la AND BL Motor lahhh !!! aiyo Bro old-man .... apa lah? u hitting yourself on your own feet... up in earlier post u just agreed that going for BL ESC are good... i rest my case...
Old 10-17-2006, 05:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Proceed5,

Firstly, your initial posting suggested for safety issue. Per se, it is a separate issue altogther. Look, any car whether fast or slow would do damage and hurts if land on any mortals. Therefore based on safety pre-emptive measure, if wanna be so extremely safe, then u better suggest the 'authorities' to build a clear china wall lo.
I may be old and outdated, but the fact remains. Safety issue cannot be compramised. Especially if it puts the sports in danger. Speed and safety works against each other. All it takes is one freak accident involving a spectator. From then on, no shopping complex will want to host it. Or worst still someone get sued for it or bear the mental torment of a kid bleeding like hell. Do you want to be that person?

You have mentioned only parts that have direct performance influence. What about the others? Come over to my house over teh tarik and I prove it to you. I have tools and instruments to do so.

For BL system even at RM700, not many can afford. Again its downto safety issue as far as TAC is concerned. But if you run it at HPC or any out door track, who cares how fast the car goes? As starters, you dont have kids sitting on the floor facing a corner. There are many low cost ESC around that can support modified motors, ie Keyence, Moped and many others that cost about half. Dont lah only think high end.

these all costs money and they are definitely NOT dress up items. Pardon me, but hey you should know better, you are far more experienced than myself in such area...
Thank you for you compliment, I know my stuff thats why I classify them as "nice-to-have". But I do agree with you that I sometimes fall prey to "bling bling"

My dearest Friend, again, you are not making an Apple-with-Apple comparison. A similar performance Modified Brushed Motor would cost you in the region of circle RM330 Retail (eg Orion V2) comparing to BL Novak 4.5R Velociti which retails for RM458. Price differential = RM120.
Hoi fren, I was comparing 23T motors lah. Anyway with RM120 one can buy tires which is more important to get one into a race. Whats the point of having super fast motor when one dont have tires? Just check how much you spend on your car to get it to race.

u hitting yourself on your own feet
ha ha missed

By the way, do you still need a BL system on your MRE to beat the GT?

Aiyah, this can go on and on. Come over to mamak yam char lah..... and my offer to assemble your MRE still open. For fren fren I willing to shorten my life a few days.
Old 10-17-2006, 09:11 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

How about having the F103GT class for next year.
Old 10-17-2006, 09:14 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (96%+)

Originally Posted by viper1

Batteries:
Stick Packs with the Stargek sticker for stock,GT and M Chassis
Expert class (TRF Challenge)loose cell "4200 WC Intellect or 4200SHV" with the Stargek Sticker
Stargek (Intellect) Batteries will be arriving in Tamiya Underground on Thursday 19th October 2006.
in the last thread, did chee yong mention that we can use ib Wc or ib shv in tamiya races, since you mention only sticks pack are allowed for Gt class, i take it that we will be racing in Stick Shv packs? are the arriving battery Stick Shv packs?

gald this is sort out now,before i buy the wrong battery, cheers....
Old 10-17-2006, 08:25 PM
Tech Regular

Safety issue cannot be compramised. Especially if it puts the sports in danger. Speed and safety works against each other. All it takes is one freak accident involving a spectator. From then on, no shopping complex will want to host it. Or worst still someone get sued for it or bear the mental torment of a kid bleeding like hell. Do you want to be that person?
Lets no spam on this ok, If u think it needs much more Safety, go ask the Authorities to put up nets or a 'china' wall la. Please do not deviate from the point that any car at any speed will do harm if so it hits a spectator.

Originally Posted by pld-man
For BL system even at RM700, not many can afford. Again its downto safety issue as far as TAC is concerned. But if you run it at HPC or any out door track, who cares how fast the car goes? As starters, you dont have kids sitting on the floor facing a corner. There are many low cost ESC around that can support modified motors, ie Keyence, Moped and many others that cost about half. Dont lah only think high end.
Brother, we are referring to the TRF "Expert" Class LAH.. talking about a 415 and/or TB Evo5 Cars Class LAH... run a Moped ESC with Modifieds.. sure, sure, then see what happens lor!

Hoi fren, I was comparing 23T motors lah. Anyway with RM120 one can buy tires which is more important to get one into a race. Whats the point of having super fast motor when one dont have tires? Just check how much you spend on your car to get it to race.
Hoi Brother, make la comparisons like with an Apple an Apple.

By the way, do you still need a BL system on your MRE to beat the GT?
Hoi Brathar, MRE is much better, but on even spec, the TA05 can follow lo.

Aiyah, this can go on and on. Come over to mamak yam char lah..... and my offer to assemble your MRE still open. For fren fren I willing to shorten my life a few days.
Aiyaaa.Thanks ha for spamming on this thread!
Old 10-17-2006, 08:43 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by edwintklee
in the last thread, did chee yong mention that we can use ib Wc or ib shv in tamiya races, since you mention only sticks pack are allowed for Gt class, i take it that we will be racing in Stick Shv packs? are the arriving battery Stick Shv packs?

gald this is sort out now,before i buy the wrong battery, cheers....
Hi Edwin,

You can use any Intellect stick pack battery packs, provided they come with the security sticker. You can still use your current 3800 stick packs or get the new 4200 that should be arriving by the end of the week.

The 4200 stick packs that are arriving will be SHV. The loose cells will be WC. we were told by intellect that the WC are unsuitable for Stick packs thus they are only sold in loose cells. Which is why the ruling for only TRF Class will allow both WC and SHV. The rest is stick pack with security sticker.

Hope this answers your questions

Cheers
Old 10-19-2006, 08:01 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Flam3b0y
How about having the F103GT class for next year.
Hmmm, sounds good ler! Yea, why not, since the 103 class is value for Ringgit and high in fun factor plus importantly it only requires low maintenance costs plus plus no need those BlInK bLiNg thingys.

Hoi old-man,
Interested?
This is more more fun than a M-chassis. Somemore rubber tires based. Then we can all use the moped esc's and silver/black can motors plus only need one stick pack to run entire race.

Yo Cheeyong and Viper1,
Come introduce this category ler. Ten committed participants should be a breeze.
Old 10-19-2006, 08:35 AM
Tech Regular

Old 10-26-2006, 06:07 AM
Tech Regular

The following was found posted on the previous TAC 2007 Series thread. And now transferred here for ease of reference.

The following Drivers would be interested in seeing the TAC 2007 Buggy Class happen (and would buy a new DF03 if haven't got one yet if the Class would to be sanctioned by Tamiya Malaysia):
1. Ng LK
2. Tornado
3. Sim
4. Daniel

...and so I heard (26 Oct 2006) rumours has it that Anthony Wee and Mak Wai Kin would be interested in this as well... oh ...... ok.
5. Anthony Wee
6. Mak Wai Kin
7. Proceed5
Old 10-26-2006, 06:10 AM
Tech Adept

i am prepared to pay the whole seasons entry fees in advance for the buggy category.
Old 10-26-2006, 06:20 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Flam3b0y
i am prepared to pay the whole seasons entry fees in advance for the buggy category.
Hey, thats a penned down commitment from the grassroots to Tamiya Malaysia.
For the Commital part from the Organisers to make the Buggy Category happen in year 2007, yeah, ok, I commit, if the buggy class would to be sanctioned by Tamiya Malaysia as part of the TAC2007 Series, I too would pay the Entrance Fees for the entire 5-rounds Buggy Class in advance.
Old 10-26-2006, 08:51 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Guys,

Wish you all well on the coming year for the Tamiya series race.

I stick this this thread up for you guys.

Please post whatever is necessary here, results, photos.....etc.

Danny Teh
Old 10-28-2006, 03:40 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by proceed5
Hmmm, sounds good ler! Yea, why not, since the 103 class is value for Ringgit and high in fun factor plus importantly it only requires low maintenance costs plus plus no need those BlInK bLiNg thingys.

Hoi old-man,
Interested?
This is more more fun than a M-chassis. Somemore rubber tires based. Then we can all use the moped esc's and silver/black can motors plus only need one stick pack to run entire race.

Yo Cheeyong and Viper1,
Come introduce this category ler. Ten committed participants should be a breeze.
proceed5, i admire your enthusiasm. I couldnt agree more.

I do own the F103GT, broke the rear shaft (drive axle) due to some accident (my own fault) in titiwangsa track not long ago before puasa month. with the sports tune motor, the car can really fly, standard gearing and all stock components....no necessary hopups....but then again, whoever owns a Tamiya, so far i witnessed lahhh...sure got tendency to hop-up the car...you name it, from the basic TT-01 Basic, D & R, Ta-05 and what more the high end TRF 415 MS/MSX/MRE...

but for newbie in RC, this car, F103GT Direct Drive is really challenging...not very forgiving like the 4WD TC...i just wish if ever, one day, this car or his future brother/sister in the same category would be allowed to race in asphalt! In Titiwangsa preferably....i guarantee you, it is a nice feeling to run the car in a smooth flowing track...

my next project with this car is to run it on 23t....have tried once or twice but with no success...23t motor was in bad condition; handling was very poor entering into corner; tyre combination (Tamiya stock tyres) was not suitable somewhat for the higher speed turn motor...sorex would be ideal. as for sports tune motor, i think the tamiya stock tyres serve its purpose...the speed is something closer to 23t motor...and i am using the entry level Tamiya ESC BEU (?) with a Honda NSX Bodyshell.

come la one of these days during weekends we bash the F103GT in Titiwangsa.....

overall, i am satisfied with the car, given its price to perfomance value...definitely a great bargain for a fun car.

regards,

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.