Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2006, 06:20 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by frenky
oracle dont go 2nite huh...ok...fine...
sorry la fren. join u all next time la
Old 04-19-2006, 07:28 PM
Tech Regular

Yo guys, how's the m-chassis vs frenky 1/10 last night?? Hahaha...

Thomas suggests that we have the coming m-chassis meetup every friday evening at 8pm.
Old 04-19-2006, 10:41 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by oracle
Yo guys, how's the m-chassis vs frenky 1/10 last night?? Hahaha...

Thomas suggests that we have the coming m-chassis meetup every friday evening at 8pm.
Frenky's car was fast......
I tried his car yesterday and here is my comments.

His car tend to unload after a certain speed because of the nature of the track (carpet). This limits the motor/car to exceed a certain speed and go faster. Also Frenky complained that there was not enough steering for his car. This is completely not true.... His car can turn a 180 due to the fact his back is less grippy. The feel of his car was nice. Also his chassis does not suffer from the traction roll from M-chassis. Therefore.... in conclusion, it is not fair....... for him to run with us. I would agree if he runs a mabuchi. His run times are also very short compared to us.
Old 04-19-2006, 10:48 PM
tornado

Frenky got a TT01 ??

Old 04-19-2006, 11:13 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by pink

His car tend to unload after a certain speed because of the nature of the track (carpet). This limits the motor/car to exceed a certain speed and go faster. Also Frenky complained that there was not enough steering for his car. This is completely not true.... His car can turn a 180 due to the fact his back is less grippy. The feel of his car was nice. Also his chassis does not suffer from the traction roll from M-chassis. Therefore.... in conclusion, it is not fair....... for him to run with us. I would agree if he runs a mabuchi. His run times are also very short compared to us.
Thank you Pink for the detail analysis of the race last night. 1/10 touring car with 23T VS m-chassis with mabuchi motor is not so fair la.
Old 04-19-2006, 11:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

ok!...borrow ur mabuchi plz...
Old 04-19-2006, 11:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by tornado
Frenky got a TT01 ??
not TT01 neh, is old car TA03R...paiseh paiseh!
Old 04-19-2006, 11:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

Thank you Pink for the detail analysis of the race last night. 1/10 touring car with 23T VS m-chassis with mabuchi motor is not so fair la.
oh...those ppl no come also can talk "no fair", lidat lah...icic...
so next time no need meet me loh...
Old 04-19-2006, 11:35 PM
Tech Regular

oh...those ppl no come also can talk "no fair", lidat lah...icic...
so next time no need meet me loh...
Ok then. Goodbye.. so long.... sayonara... selamat tinggal
Old 04-20-2006, 01:02 AM
Tech Fanatic

Ok then. Goodbye.. so long.... sayonara... selamat tinggal
alamak!...ada orang marah loh...want cha me meh
Old 04-20-2006, 01:09 AM
Tech Regular

alamak!...ada orang marah loh...want cha me meh
Aiks.. i thought you're gone but hey, you're back. hahaha.... I not dare to cha u la. You're way to big for me to cha.

Anyway, tomorrow me and thomas will be there. Anybody care to join us? I haven't confirm with Calvin yet.
Old 04-20-2006, 01:31 AM
Tech Fanatic

Aiks.. i thought you're gone but hey, you're back. hahaha.... I not dare to cha u la. You're way to big for me to cha.

Anyway, tomorrow me and thomas will be there. Anybody care to join us? I haven't confirm with Calvin yet.
Old 04-20-2006, 08:26 AM
Tech Master

Dear M Chassis Owners,

I recently was running my M04L completely stock (inclusive of the friction dampened shocks) in 1U. I have concluded the following characteristics. The M-Chassis for 04L (Long) tends to suffer greatly from traction roll. I have tried a few types of tires like Foam, Slicks, Radial but to no avail the problem persists. Can someone suggest to me how do I solve this problem.

The problem happens when the car is at the middle of the corner. I have noticed that the car actually side wheelie and turns over OR flip acrobatically if it is fast enough. So driving styles have to be changed (slow into corners) which is no fun.

I am thinking of using the Anti-roll bars (but no stock yet) is it helpful in this case?

I am also thinking of hardening the shocks to acheive less traction on both the front and the rear. The question is HOW HARD?

The Carpet festivals are about to begin and I have yet to solve this problem.

I have also tries other cars M03 and the 1/10 touring cars from tamiya and there are no such problems. Is it due to the fact that it is Rear-Wheel-Drive?

Please comment.

Pink BMW.
Old 04-20-2006, 09:33 AM
tornado

Dear M Chassis Owners,

I recently was running my M04L completely stock (inclusive of the friction dampened shocks) in 1U. I have concluded the following characteristics. The M-Chassis for 04L (Long) tends to suffer greatly from traction roll. I have tried a few types of tires like Foam, Slicks, Radial but to no avail the problem persists. Can someone suggest to me how do I solve this problem.

The problem happens when the car is at the middle of the corner. I have noticed that the car actually side wheelie and turns over OR flip acrobatically if it is fast enough. So driving styles have to be changed (slow into corners) which is no fun.

I am thinking of using the Anti-roll bars (but no stock yet) is it helpful in this case?

I am also thinking of hardening the shocks to acheive less traction on both the front and the rear. The question is HOW HARD?

The Carpet festivals are about to begin and I have yet to solve this problem.

I have also tries other cars M03 and the 1/10 touring cars from tamiya and there are no such problems. Is it due to the fact that it is Rear-Wheel-Drive?

Please comment.

Pink BMW.
Lookey here buddy. Traction roll ? ...... simple solution.......dig deep into ur pocket / wallet and fish out RM100++ buy Tamiya CVA shocks+TRF shock pistons and ditch the friction damper.

Old 04-20-2006, 10:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

Have not tried rear drive M chasis but if your tyres are too grippy, it would sometimes traction roll into corners especially if u r too aggresive. Try less traction tyres or different combinations.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.