BEWARE !!! www.rc-mushroom.com

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-19-2011, 05:16 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Exclamation BEWARE !!! www.rc-mushroom.com

Hi,

Anybody here deal with this online freak of Hong Kong before? I bought from this online freaks twice :

1st encounter : one of my item no stock so ask me to keep my balance on their store, fine for me and I do so.

2nd encounter : I ordered some RC parts and one RC car from them and they sent me a 100% different/wrong items. They admitted they sent wrongly after ding dong for about 2-3 weeks and telling me that things that I had ordered got no stock. They asked me to change order so I email them a few items and they keep telling me that no stock available but the website shows available. So i started to get fishy and told them I wanted to cancel my order and get my $$$ back, this where the story begin. They ask me to send the wrong items back to them and will pay me the shipping fee immediate after I sent, so I did that and provide them with tracking number and total amount RM32.50. They just kept quiet. So after a couple of emails, I lodged a report with Paypal and they started to response to me. Asking me to cancel the claims and will surely pay me back, but I ignore them. After the grace period pass, Paypal refund me the $$$ but they pay me the shipping fee for only RM26.70 because they calculated the stamp only without calculate the Registered Mail fee (RM4.10). I was so angry and ask them to pay in full but today I received another RM3.90 and after deducting all the Paypal fee, all in all I only received RM27.58. I asked them about my 1st order store balance and they just ignore me.

To all my RCtech friends and members, please be careful with this seller (www.rc-mushroom.com). If they make any mistake, they will also want you to bare the cost for their mistakes. No matter how and what we do, they are still in the win win side.
Old 09-19-2011, 05:36 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Wah dangerous man..... Once i've clicked into their website but i log out due to not so interesting.... Now i know what to do... Banned them
Old 09-19-2011, 09:28 AM
Tech Adept

ho..ow, i think i'm in trouble..i just bought some part at rc mushroom costing for usd550 in a few day ago...pay by visa pay dollar, wut must i do..?anyone can help me....?
Old 09-19-2011, 05:53 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Mr. Ardy
ho..ow, i think i'm in trouble..i just bought some part at rc mushroom costing for usd550 in a few day ago...pay by visa pay dollar, wut must i do..?anyone can help me....?
C how 1st loh..... if it turns out ok, then fine lah.... if turn out ugly, then u can try to locate their consumer tribunal or ICAC Dept to lodge a report to them saying that u have been cheated... after that ask ur visa to c weather can reverse charge the pmt loh.... Word of advise... Next time, USE Paypal
Old 09-19-2011, 07:01 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

I have dealt with them since 2007 without any problems.

Even sent chargers back for repair and all came back.

Not sure if they have changed management since then.

Best of luck!
Old 09-20-2011, 09:51 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Mr. Ardy
Maybe I'm the unlucky one. If they sent the correct items to you then should not be a problem but if the made a mistake then I dare not say anything...
Old 09-21-2011, 06:34 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by machead2
I have dealt with them since 2007 without any problems.

Even sent chargers back for repair and all came back.

Not sure if they have changed management since then.

Best of luck!
I bought Hyperion super duo 3 7201,sanwa 801 receiver and receiver from them too but ok with the item arrive,sumore only 3 working day to reach my home,maybe a mistake then they try to cover ....
Old 09-22-2011, 02:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I have dealt with them since 2006 and never had an issue with them. Even when I has issues, a phone call or email fixed everything.

I even visited their office when I was in Hong Kong several years ago. They definitely do not look like what you described.

Put it this way, purchasing online from overseas has risks and we have to acknowledge and live with it. If you are not comfortable with these risks, then buy from local hobby stores.
Old 09-22-2011, 02:46 AM
Tech Regular

Hi,

I started this thread just to share what I've encountered with RC-Mushroom and I don't mean to stop you guys to deal with them.

Hope everybody understand.
Old 09-22-2011, 03:21 AM
Tse
Tech Adept

It happened to me too, ordered tyres from them. But sent different brand & different shores, contact them the answered was no stock n said if dont want can return but no refund, only give store credit to buy other item also deduct shipping fee from my credit for their mistake. WTF!!! So i think if item u order in stock than ok lo, otherwise they will send other to u. Now i rather buy somewhere else
Old 09-22-2011, 03:24 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Tse
It happened to me too, ordered tyres from them. But sent different brand & different shores, contact them the answered was no stock n said if dont want can return but no refund, only give store credit to buy other item also deduct shipping fee from my credit for their mistake. WTF!!! So i think if item u order in stock than ok lo, otherwise they will send other to u. Now i rather buy somewhere else
Same problem as mine lo... If they made a mistake they will ask you to bare the cost of their mistake. If you really want them to refund you, i guess only Paypal can help.
Old 09-22-2011, 06:15 AM
Tech Rookie

Exclamation

I have dealt with them since 2010. I had also face the same issue as you. Their website sometime is not updated. However, I will send a email to ask and confirm whether or not the item that want to be bought is available before proceed the payment. I think it is a good preventive way to deal with them. Recently I have not such issue again.

You also can try rcmarket.com.hk. Their good is always updated especially new release item. Their price is also a bit cheaper. Their service is very good and I have not any issue with them. I always consider them as my primary choice before looking the other onlineshop.
Old 09-23-2011, 08:09 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by old-man
I have dealt with them since 2006 and never had an issue with them. Even when I has issues, a phone call or email fixed everything.

I even visited their office when I was in Hong Kong several years ago. They definitely do not look like what you described.

Put it this way, purchasing online from overseas has risks and we have to acknowledge and live with it. If you are not comfortable with these risks, then buy from local hobby stores.
agree with you there old man. buying on line there is always risk..risk from seller, risk from origin handler, risk from destination handler (ie. POS Malaysia), risk risk all calculated into money - paypal gives the assuranceon those risk with extra charges over the exchange rates as well as charges from seller. Use paypal for that added assurance to cover all the above risks. Bottom line -there is risk when buying on line and be prepared to loose the entire transaction. if you cant take that risk, then buy from LHS loh. just sharing my opinion.

I had one bad experience from a HK seller that i am a repeated customer. I got my money back eventho it is a clear cut fraudulent attempt by the seller of offering free shipping worldwide when I buy in open bid and won several of their item at rock bottom 0.99 cents for something that is worth USD30 per pice..

advice -raise a dispute on paypal immediately and -ve feedback. retract the feedback if the seller is trustworthy with you receiving the item.

I can describe how they 'not want to complete' the transaction on items that they loose if they proceed with it, in my case.
Old 09-25-2011, 08:28 PM
Tech Adept

... monink everybody .., goods purchased by me at the RC Mushroom has reached safely in this morning .. seems everything I buy enough without any problems ..., however ..., thank you for all the advice given ..., double thumb up ..!!!
Old 09-25-2011, 08:49 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bigwig
Hi,

Anybody here deal with this online freak of Hong Kong before? I bought from this online freaks twice :

1st encounter : one of my item no stock so ask me to keep my balance on their store, fine for me and I do so.

2nd encounter : I ordered some RC parts and one RC car from them and they sent me a 100% different/wrong items. They admitted they sent wrongly after ding dong for about 2-3 weeks and telling me that things that I had ordered got no stock. They asked me to change order so I email them a few items and they keep telling me that no stock available but the website shows available. So i started to get fishy and told them I wanted to cancel my order and get my $$$ back, this where the story begin. They ask me to send the wrong items back to them and will pay me the shipping fee immediate after I sent, so I did that and provide them with tracking number and total amount RM32.50. They just kept quiet. So after a couple of emails, I lodged a report with Paypal and they started to response to me. Asking me to cancel the claims and will surely pay me back, but I ignore them. After the grace period pass, Paypal refund me the $$$ but they pay me the shipping fee for only RM26.70 because they calculated the stamp only without calculate the Registered Mail fee (RM4.10). I was so angry and ask them to pay in full but today I received another RM3.90 and after deducting all the Paypal fee, all in all I only received RM27.58. I asked them about my 1st order store balance and they just ignore me.

To all my RCtech friends and members, please be careful with this seller (www.rc-mushroom.com). If they make any mistake, they will also want you to bare the cost for their mistakes. No matter how and what we do, they are still in the win win side.
Sorry but if you'd bought from your LHS you most likely would have issues...