Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Carpet Schedule

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2002, 09:18 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Carpet Schedule

Do you guys have anything on the schedule from December 27th through January 3rd?

Either 1/10 or 1/12
Old 11-19-2002, 09:22 PM
Tech Regular

I've talked with Tom since he owns the carpet.......nothing is set in stone yet on when the races will be. looks like one on early DEC........and most likely another around that time frame also.....but with new years, most likely the week after, it all depends on participation
Old 11-23-2002, 07:45 AM
Tech Regular

Sweetpea.....let us know how it went at the regionals!!!!!!!

Anybody else race this weekend???
Old 11-25-2002, 06:33 AM
Tech Regular

Let me tell you this..........Gang Starts in quals are stupid!!!!! at least for the regionals~

Regardless of that, there were lots of ROAR rules violations over the weekend, but not to be sticklers we only complained about 1 thing. VHT was added to the track after the first heat of sedan, so basically the second heat got some extra traction.

I finished 1st in stock sedan.........Led 17 of 21 Laps and was in 2nd the rest of them. Running the all new LOSI XXX-S Graphite edition!

TR tq-ed the Mod class and won the A main. I was in 2nd or 3rd with 30 secs left and my tire fell of course. I'll try to get some complete results and post em.
Old 11-25-2002, 02:20 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

hey sweetpea I'm the guy you borrowed all the servo saver parts from. Good run in the A main btw. Here are the complete results from Saturdays races. Didnt know you had the new kit, wish I did would have liked to take a look at the new rear in person.

http://www.jlapracemanager.com/cgi-b....exe?Where=SCU
Old 11-25-2002, 04:31 PM
Tech Regular

Dang Sweetpea......A-main winner HUH.....guess your glad i didnt make it now....lolol....no really..congrats.......

TR...good job on your A-mainer also......bet your glad i dont run mod....YET.......
Old 11-25-2002, 09:24 PM
Tech Initiate

Way to go Sam and Tom!!!!!
Old 11-26-2002, 08:03 AM
Tech Regular

No the kit was a used xxx-s that was in great condition that Hobbies X-treme had. So I bought the graphite kit hanging on the wall for it! Not sure if that has the new "rear" or not. Either way the car handled great! Thanks for the steering parts. It took forever to get the new bugs outta that car. But I got them out before the quals started at least!

Cracked chassis----I got your instruction manual for the ESC.....found it last nite.

Carpet race----------possibly on Dec 7th. Stay tuned we'll let you know.

Oh I am selling both of my Yok worlds editions with spare parts, springs etc........let me know if your interested
Old 11-28-2002, 07:48 AM
Tech Rookie

Sweatpea,

As time gets closer, maybe you can post and let me know if anything is going to happen as far as any racing.

I'm coming home for Christmas and wondering if I should bring a car or not.

Thanks...
Old 11-29-2002, 08:52 AM
Tech Regular

NEXT CARPET RACE IS DEC 7TH.........7PM START........
TRACK SETUP ANDPractice starts at 8pm on Friday Dec 6th.........

THIS WEEKEND IS SPRINGHILL DIRT ON SUNDAY AT 2PM.

DIRT AT BOSSIER ON DEC 14TH AT 2PM

MIKES ELECTRIC OFFROAD TOY RACE DEC 14TH

Last edited by sweetpea; 11-29-2002 at 12:23 PM.
Old 11-29-2002, 12:45 PM
Tech Regular

FORGOT THIS!!!!!!!!!!1

DUE TO SNOWBIRD NATIONALS IN ORLANDO BEING TIRE CHOICE IN ALL CLASSES...............

OUR NEXT CARPET RACES WILL BE THE SAME

FOAM OR RUBBER IN ALL CLASSES.
Old 11-29-2002, 03:13 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hey Sam! Looks like you may have some Austin racers visiting again. Is it going to be the Snowbird's layout?
Old 11-30-2002, 12:53 PM
Tech Regular

Surge.....where can we get a copy of the Snowbirds layout????

Sweetpea...are you gonna continue with Foam tires in the stock sedan class??????
Old 11-30-2002, 06:43 PM
Tech Regular

Foams in stock class until after the snowbird race. That way anyone wishing to come practice for that race with us can get their foam setup in check. Of course rubber is always allowed also, you'll just have slightly less traction.

As for the layout.......this week I am not sure. We may use the state race one last time. But plan on future races being the snowbird layout for sure. Honestly though we didn't talk layout yet, so if enough folks show up Friday the 13th at 7pm at the rutherford house then we'll do whatever layout.

And as of right now Twin City R/C is not officially sponsoring any carpet races. The carpet is owned by Tom. The boards are owned by him, me, Bill, and Terry. The club members are more than welcome to race at the track and encouraged to do so. Most of the profits go to Rutherford house for rent, and to help payback the cost of maintainng the track. Some money also goes to support Twin City R/C as a donation to the club. You do not have to be a ROAR member to race at the carpet track as the Rutherford house has accepted Insurance Responsiblity. As of right now Twin City R/C cannot accept any more debts so we are basically just racing at the carpet track and helping out to keep R/C in this town!

Classes to be run:

Sportsman Sedan
Expert Sedan
Mod Sedan
1/12 4 cell stock

All classes are foam or rubber, and 3300's are legal since they will be at the Snowbirds.

****Club Meeting First Thursday of Every Month at 7:30pm at Hobbies X-treme.************

Items of interest,
--new bank account
--success of State Carpet Race
--Future Big offroad race
--Trip for the club to Indy R/C
--Payment to investors for Dirt Track
--Signs for advertising
--New race time
-------and anything else you can think of!
Old 11-30-2002, 09:52 PM
Tech Adept

Sam,

You guys gonna come over for the charity race? I got some greenbacks for ya.

Chris

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.