Grand Opening... Show up!!!!

Old 07-03-2002, 03:50 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Thumbs up

SWEEEEEEEEET!!!!! I can't wait to see the T's!!!!
Old 07-03-2002, 04:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I'll see if I can get a cheap flight down that way! How many hours is it to Shreveport anyway? Can I get a shirt sent to me?
Old 07-05-2002, 06:51 AM
Tech Regular

WOW....controversy has hit the hot dog eating community....yesterday, the former hot dog eating champion(Koyobushi sp)who won last year with a record 50 hot dogs(with buns)last year ,was accused of using muscle relaxers to acheive this feat...... yesterday after eating 50 1/2 dogs/buns,most said he should be DQ'd because he had a "ROMAN METHOD MOMENT"...that is, during the competition, you cannot have any visible food stuff.....coming back up...ie. vomit....big no no...after looking at the replay, judges said the footage was from after the competition.Koyobushis closest competitor was at a measly 26 dogs....friends of 2nd. place,said they even saw the "offense" at home on TV.....Why wasnt ESPN promoting this....???????fun dog facts....Koyobushi weighed 113 lbs. before.....120lbs after.....2nd. place weighed in at an amazing 310lbs.......hopefully, this will blow over.

Pileup....the shop looks great.

Last edited by Dragon Slayer; 07-05-2002 at 06:54 AM.
Old 07-05-2002, 09:30 AM
Tech Master

Thumbs up

SweetPea/ Pylup: I will be over there later on today with/without Slapper I'll gonna wait here for him, then come over after he's ready, if he comes at all!!!! Man, maybe we shouldn't have free hotdogs @ the track, after all the controversy from the above listed!!!!!
Old 07-05-2002, 01:16 PM

Dragon- where in the heck do you come up with this stuff??

HOBBIES EXTREME grand opening is on like donkeykong tommorow, free pizza and you know Tom will have it done right and have your parts in stock!! Off-road race that night at 6:00, be there or get left out!!
Old 07-05-2002, 01:23 PM
Tech Regular

Dirtbike......this is true CHIT......

Who is going to Shreveport tommorrow???
Old 07-07-2002, 01:40 AM
Tech Regular

Well..how did the gas racing go...who won...who got hacked.....who hacked....honestly.

Ya'll go check out the micro link on the Carpet thread.

Pileup...place looks great......good luck with everything.
Old 07-08-2002, 05:32 AM

All I gotta say is that if you weren't at the Hobbies Extreme Grand Opening, YOU MISSED IT!!!! Everyone had an AWESOME time!! Hobbies Extreme is a great hobbyshop, clean and well stocked because Tom is a racer and knows what the racers want!! All the guys did a good job with the store, met alot of cool people and ate lots of free pizza(hehe!!!) Even the CEO sweetpea was a man witha plan till he threw all his tires of his 8th scale buggy for the radio broadcast!
The off-road racing that night was also a BLAST!! These guys have a great off-road track with good dirt and lights. THe racing was furious and I think everyone knows now, Nitro racing is about having a dependable car or truck!

Newjack- your XXXNT is awesome!
slapper- fix that clutch!
Zapped- what happened in your first heat??
Sweetpea- no more wide open runs with your 8th!
frstcorner- Man I tried to get you going but didn't wanna throw you back on the track without an airfilter! Your store rules!!
Old 07-08-2002, 06:04 AM
Tech Master

Thumbs up

I just want to say Shizzle to All my Nizzles, Had a blast working Friday 'til the wee hours of Saturday morning, then back just a few hours later to make the show a Success & it was just that!!!! Man the place is AWESOME, I may be back this weekend if you all plan on finishing "The Pit Stop" or the "Voo Doo Lounge" I will also help if you want to paint the side walk out front (checker board) or if more inventory comes in!!!! Man let us know or put on the Store web-site when the next race(s) are On-road (carpet) or Off-road, man I think I want to move to Shreveport & work for Hobbies X-treme!!! Tom/Steve thanks for all the Food, drinks, & T-shirt (oh yeah & the Shock socks too )!!!!! Sam thanks for the use of the couch & for the shower too !!!!! All you guys rule when ever you need help just post it on here or give me a call & the Turbo Taurus will be in motion!!!! Thanks for a Great time!!!!!

"If it ain't FREE it ain't me" A.K.A. DBK: Man when you gettin' a XXX-NT, I think that new hobby shop in Shreveport can get you one for a great price, www.hobbiesx-treme.com & they're in stock!!!!!!!
Old 07-08-2002, 07:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Sorry I couldn't make it guys- I really wanted to, but the wife forgot to tell me about my neice's birthday party. I couldn't get anyone to work for me Friday night anyway, so I guess it just beeez like dat sumtimes....

Glad you guys had fun!!! You know, I woulda just schooled you in off road truck anyway.... prolly wouldna been that much fun (for me) mwuhahahahaha!!!
Old 07-08-2002, 11:25 AM
Tech Regular

Thanks for all the help/support.

Too bad me and Tom couldn't get our motors tuned properly that nite. Mine ran ok, but needed a good tuning day. Just ran outta time is all.

******this just in*********

Hobbies X-treme is now stocking the X-treme Refueling Gun!!!!!, this thing refuels a 75cc tank in less than 2 seconds.....its sweet!!!!! And I can attest as we just tested it in the store!

Again thanks for all the help. Hopefully the website will be redone this week and reflect the new store front!

As for this week.......we are planning on doing the shop and the lounge. So let us know when you can arrive.
Old 07-08-2002, 02:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 100 (100%+)

Sweetpea: Please post results...
Old 07-08-2002, 06:15 PM
Tech Master

Thumbs up

SweetPea: I'll prolly fly in Friday afternoon!!!!
Old 07-08-2002, 09:26 PM

sweetpea-- get that motor tuned and i'll get my clutch fixed.......LOL......me and Eric are coming to race on the 20th!!! oh yeah, thanks for the place to stay.......even though i didn't sleep.......it was just nice to kick back on a big comfortable couch.......LOL!!!
Old 07-08-2002, 10:25 PM
Tech Regular

Carpet Racing this weekend for sure!!!!!!

Racing will start at 6:30 pm on Sat ......with practice open a t 9am.

As for the 20th..............its on, and bring your Zagis as on the 21st we are headed to Mike's in Dallas for the Zagi fly in!

Hmmmmmm results..........if they were saved, I'll have them on the website later this week. Me and TR are gonna revamp the whole thing so no promises. But results from weekly races will be posted.

Also, We are going to try to come up with a club for the track(s). So payup and be a member...........benefits= discount at Hobbies X-treme, we are going to give away racerbucks for the store, timely emails of upcoming events, and you get to line my pockets with cash! J/K on the last one. More to follow on the club issues

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.