Search

April Fools Race.

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2006, 02:16 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default April Fools Race.

Originally Posted by austinjay90
The plan has been to have hand out race since November. The idea was brought up, presented in a meeting, and everybody agreed to it. While its nice to recognize an outsiders opinion on topics, IT SHOULD NOT BE HEARD UNLESS YOU HAVE A MEMBERSHIP. My point is, when people bought those memberships the only real thing that it gave them was to right to vote on issues, events, and misc matters with the club. Some dude from dallas has an opinion about something it seems as though we are looking at catering to the "non-member". That's B.S. If you do that then you are pulling the rug from under the feet of the paid members.
Jason has some valid points here.

For those who put their money where their mouth is and stepped up to pay $30 a year to form a club to keep carpet racing in shreveport very much deserve a race to say thankyou.

It would be very cool for members to show up 1 Apr., plop down 35 bones, open up a new motor with brushes and springs, have four hours to get things ready for a double main, door prizes, class trophies and some grub to boot. What not a better way for the club to say thank you. And how cool is it to charge those who are only concerned about racing (nothing wrong with that) as opposed to building a race league pay more........ say $45 or $50 becuase they are not members of SORR. This would be cool.

Then things change. No one has become the race director or the point of contact for such a race so it is only an idea. The club has some serious future needs so they may need to hold the funds they would have used on the race. So at this point it would be easier to do just some burgers and trophys.

I would like to see a race go regardless but I do like the idea of walking away with good food, good memories, hopefully a trophy and a New Monster Stock motor all for $35 or $40. I love my club.

Last edited by bikedoctor; 02-25-2006 at 02:27 PM.
Old 02-25-2006, 04:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Who do we get the motors from ? what if we only get 50 and 60 people show up ?

btw has anyone checked the dyno sheet on two of the same stock motors side by side ? None of them are the same , some have more revs and less torque better for 12th, some are the opposite better for sedan. If you get motors that dont come pre-tuned, then what.. no one knows what brushes or springs to run, who in our club has a dyno ? I dunno, but I already have a stock motor and I know its not a dud

the entire idea of a hand out motor is so it can be easily identified in tech for drilling to make the arm lighter , " if has drill holes its illegal " im sure some of you have read that ad/
Old 02-25-2006, 04:58 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by austinjay90
The plan has been to have hand out race since November. The idea was brought up, presented in a meeting, and everybody agreed to it. While its nice to recognize an outsiders opinion on topics, IT SHOULD NOT BE HEARD UNLESS YOU HAVE A MEMBERSHIP. My point is, when people bought those memberships the only real thing that it gave them was to right to vote on issues, events, and misc matters with the club. Some dude from dallas has an opinion about something it seems as though we are looking at catering to the "non-member". That's B.S. If you do that then you are pulling the rug from under the feet of the paid members.
Whoa dude,
Just stating my opinion. If you plan on hosting a race where people outside of your club is or possibly could be coming, it is a good idea to listen to an outside opinion. Flaming "some guy" isn't the way to attract potential racers. And it is my understanding that this is a race to raise money for you guys. Meaning, the more people the better.

Last edited by Chris Adams; 02-26-2006 at 07:28 PM.
Old 02-25-2006, 05:38 PM
Tech Master

austinjay - you need a motor that bad ?
- And jason, Chris is a race director at T&T hobbies, a track that has been racing for years. . . Just trying to help us help ourselves.

edit. Im not racing Aprils fool race . because of the need for a race director I will be operating the computer, directing this race to make sure all races start on time and the drivers know how they are doing while on the track.

so largest problem solved.

and my opinion no longer counts in the handout motor idea.

oh and btw , I will be getting 2 handout motors march 24th. along with $110 entry fee's.

Last edited by easy e; 02-25-2006 at 10:26 PM.
Old 02-26-2006, 07:15 PM
Tech Apprentice

don't need a motor, just got one. Perhaps a little of my frustration stems from the club not sticking to decisions in the past that the entire club took a valid vote on, agreed to it, then a decision is made a week down the road that's the complete opposite of what was agreeded on to begin with.
Adams, nothing personal you just happend to be in the path of the bus. I hope that the powers that be (present and future) understand the point I tried to make and push the club to grow from it.
Old 02-26-2006, 08:49 PM
Tech Master

I will have some info about a chef and grill hopefully sometime in the next few days.
Old 02-27-2006, 09:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Austinjay,

Many can understand your frustrations about things but the way your post that was quoted should have been pm'ed to the folks that needed to hear it. As an outsider, it could come across that your club and race venue don't like outsiders and would rather just race amongst yourselves. You have to remember that many read these forums and you never want to come across like you don't want others to come and race with you guys. Remember, many of us want you to thrive because it gives us another place to race.
Old 02-27-2006, 03:53 PM
Tech Apprentice

Well it can go both ways and he is not talking for the whole club ... we are always ready for new ppl and would like to have more ppl show up but that was a club matter and there was a meeting. so Jason had no intentions on making anyone angry .he was not singling anyone out he was just making a valid point . but this is a good club and we encourage anyone that are "outsiders" to show up and have no problem coming to our races... thanks alot texas ppl i have not been over there to race yet but i hope i get the chance to very soon.
Old 02-27-2006, 04:35 PM
Regional Moderator

as far as I'm concerned there are no outsiders.. everyone is welcome. if we didn't like newcomers we wouldn't have a club..
Old 02-28-2006, 07:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HPIkid
Well it can go both ways and he is not talking for the whole club ... we are always ready for new ppl and would like to have more ppl show up but that was a club matter and there was a meeting. so Jason had no intentions on making anyone angry .he was not singling anyone out he was just making a valid point . but this is a good club and we encourage anyone that are "outsiders" to show up and have no problem coming to our races... thanks alot texas ppl i have not been over there to race yet but i hope i get the chance to very soon.
I understand exactly where you are coming from, brother. People tend to remember the negatives way more than the positives. I know that he is not speaking for the entire club, but others could interpret it as such, which is what you don't want to happen. I raced against many of you that came to Mike's in Carrollton a few weeks back and had a blast. JC was fast and if his car did not break with 15 seconds left, I would not have beaten him. I am looking forward to coming to your race, win, lose, or draw.
Old 02-28-2006, 02:33 PM
Tech Apprentice

Well i suppose I am guilty for flying off the handle. My bad folks!!! I didn't quite realize that we (SORR) had such an audience. Hopefully all of that doesn't deter anyone from comming out and having a great time no matter what the final stipulations of the race are.
Old 02-28-2006, 07:25 PM
Tech Apprentice

Fairly new at this racing (about 8 months I guess). I have not had the opportunity to race outside of Shreveport as of yet, but let me say that the word on the street about racing in Dallas is all good. Strong Competition with excellent drivers along with an EXCELLENT time to be had. As a member
of SORR I would like to offer all drivers to come race with us, and let us show
you a good time.
Old 02-28-2006, 08:51 PM
Suspended

You guys haven't scared us away. Just made us want to come over and spank you guys even more I know Shaun and I will be coming and will also be trying to drag out some mikeshobbyshop locals to try the type of track I grew up racing on.
Old 02-28-2006, 10:06 PM
Tech Apprentice

OK so now we have sum smack talking going on.... lol I can get down with this... just to let ya know I haven't seen any of the out of town guys do so hot yet although I will say Ken from Alexandria is doing very very good but as far as the Dallas crew goes if it wasn't for yall posting in the forum then i wouldn't have even realized that yall have been comin lol.... now you guys dont get mad it is just smack talking lol just tryin to get yall to show up in full force
Attached Images
File Type: bmp
S.O.R.R..bmp (131.6 KB, 63 views)
Old 02-28-2006, 10:40 PM
Tech Elite

am i being stupid...this thread starts with a quote, with no posts before it...

I may also pop down with shaun and chris for the day.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.