Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Kansas/Missouri Racing
Dee & Mee Hobbies 2006 Off-Road Schedule >

Dee & Mee Hobbies 2006 Off-Road Schedule

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Dee & Mee Hobbies 2006 Off-Road Schedule

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2006, 06:40 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Location: Lost in the Dead Space between my Ears Somewhere around Wamego, KS (OZ Land)
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quinton-you sound like my wife.
I know I am dirty most of the time, but I clean up well. I cant help I have a dirty job. I hope you meant Dirt, because I am an xtreme 4x4 freak and love to get it done in the dirt. Work, fullsize wheelin, and of course RC.
Sick Air Joe
oh ya, I earned Sick Air with my old blue Chevy truck, I would fly that old Short bed I built, I miss that truck. The K5 is to short, and not xtreme built, and scares the hell out of me wheelin. I need to find some old pics at randolf wheelin in old blue with some old college buds.
Old 02-12-2006, 07:54 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Location: Lost in the Dead Space between my Ears Somewhere around Wamego, KS (OZ Land)

Tomorrow I might have some free time. I got to go to t-town tommorow and drop a cyl. I pulled off friday at MT. Other than that, paper work.

OK, I NEED TO KNOW! I READ THAT A .28 V-SPEC IS COMING OUT THIS SPRING. WHERE DO I FIND TRUE IMFORMATION ABOUT THIS??? ITS DRIVING ME CRAZY!
Old 02-12-2006, 08:02 AM
Tech Master

I thought you said a .21 was plenty big enough for your buggy? Joe Dirt, I haven't heard of a .28 vspec, but that doesn't necessarily mean much.
Old 02-12-2006, 09:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

What Buggy aret thinking of getting porter?

I prolly only race a few times out there do to working on Saturdays>/
Old 02-12-2006, 10:04 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Quinton-not for my CR, I got to looking at the savage, and heard that a couple of guys from last year bought truggies, so I ordered a CRT. Dont know how to pay for it right now, but I figured I could use my electrics and engine out of the savage to start with and only need paint and pipe/header. But if works picks soon I would like to get a new engine also. But I dont want to buy a .21 v-spec and a week later a .28 v-spec comes out.
What the heck is this Joe Dirt, CRAP?
Old 02-12-2006, 10:19 AM
Tech Master

Sweet! I can't wait to see it.
Old 02-12-2006, 10:37 AM
Tech Initiate

DEESTRACK LOOKS GOOD IT SHOULD BE FAST
THE AMB IS FOR SALE ASKING 900.00
Old 02-12-2006, 05:33 PM

Default um

got a question you guys whats the best way to get there not using 1-70 toll roads hate them i am coming from overland park
Old 02-12-2006, 06:45 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

revoboyz-go to map quest and type in 4535 SE 69th, Berryton KS from your address or from Lawrence, the back way in is 6th or 40hwy west to county rd 442 whicn turns into 45th then Paulen south, it dead ends at 69th hang a left, go a block and look to your right, cant miss it. You can get to Lawrence on 10hwy.
Hope this helps
Old 02-12-2006, 07:18 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Porter-what kind of buggy ya get?
Old 02-12-2006, 07:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

So Porter what'd you get?

I think I'll get the GT ready and the next warm spell we have go test and tune.

I think that maybe something that we should talk about when we get together is getting with Robert and see if he would agree to give club members the "standard" 20% discount...go in, show your card, get the 20%. It's fairly common pratice at the other tracks in the region with onsite shops and everybody gets it. This would be a great way to reward people for being club members, as incentive to support their LHS which is providing a track!

I am really excited about racing this year. I hope there's turnout. I hope Caleb can get Saturdays off. Going to be a busy year. A lot of races to make, lots of other hobbies we can't neglect either.....Porter....how many rounds have you played already this year?

Screw this cold weather. I say we get together this weekend or next and talk about what this years plans are. ASAP. Hell, I'll go take a bunch of digi pics of the entire track and we can go to the pub and discuss it over a few cold ones, rather than stand in the cold staring at the track. Then, when the weather's nice, we can go out and work on the track whenever we have time, already knowing what needs to be done. There's always little things that can get banged out pretty quick. I know Bill works a different sched. so it can be hard to coordinate if we wait for the weather. There are things that can be sorted out without actually being out at the track. Last year, Bill and I went to Spanky's and had a few brews and made a list of our plans and what we needed, and we need to do the same this year.

Peace out.
Old 02-12-2006, 07:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Aw crap! I just realized that the first race is April 8th. That's the Enid round for RC Pro Series.
Old 02-13-2006, 06:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

I did alot of research on a bunch of cars, my 1st choice was a mugan prospec, but after looking at prices, I started looking into other cars, I really didn't like the looks of the kyosho, even though it's the choice of most pros, and the price on that thing WOW I eventualy got it down to between either the Jammin X1-CR pro, or a TTR EB4 S3. I just happened to stumble across an S3 on E-bay, brand new with over 300.00 in hopups, so I went ahead and bid on it, and I won it last night for 600.00 with shipping.

So it looks like Thunder Tiger for me, Team Saxton baby

What treads were working good last year? I have a brand new set of Knukles 2.0, and I was thinking that the proline stepup tires looked like might be a good choice for that track.
Old 02-13-2006, 06:41 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

porter-your guess is as good as mine. I ran bowties on the savage, I only raced the last race with my CR, not painted broke in friday night before, and got a real header 4mins before the 1st heat race. That thing is still out of control a couple of weeks ago. I made some changes and still plan on changing the diff oil. Bob ? had a ton of buggy tires last year and liked the crimefighters best and had the fastest buggy out there. Him and his boy will be tough to beat this year with their new buggies.
I would play around with tires if ya got them, but I sure would have a set of crimefighters on hand. I got Robbert to stock the pre glued crimefighters at Dee and Mee. I know I will be getting a set.
Old 02-13-2006, 10:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

cool, did the track get very loamy and dusty last year, thats why I was thinking stepups, little larger pin to help dig into that stuff.

AP, I havn't been out at all this year. Golf hsn't been all that high on my priority list.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.