R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Kansas/Missouri Racing

Like Tree5Likes

Old 01-05-2012, 10:02 AM   #15781
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Core Creations

HeY Chuck, any chance of getting some time on the rug Saturday with my son??

Mini Mafia Kansas Chapter - where the monster minis grow!
Core Creations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 02:10 PM   #15782
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGCHUCK View Post
It appears that the large holiday crowds have had an undesirable side effect. There are some things missing from Fastlane from the employee's pit table. This includes a laptop on loan from Mike Garrison and 2 faulty Tekin ESC's which were supposed to go back to them for service. Not sure what scumbag made off with these items but I felt it was necessary to alert racers to be watchful of each others things.

We obviously try to watch for things like this but when the place is full and we're busy helping folks we can't see everything.
By the way, just a heads up. If anyone tries to sell you a Tekin RS or RS Pro beware. The two that were pilfered were on their way back to Tekin because they don't function properly. If someone tries to give you a great deal on one of these ESC's, it just might be too good to be true. We're still stuck with the cost of replacing the 2 ESC's but at least the thief or thieves didn't get all that they bargained for.
BIGCHUCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 02:11 PM   #15783
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Core Creations View Post
HeY Chuck, any chance of getting some time on the rug Saturday with my son??
Yep, but be aware that pit space may be little tight based on the crowds we've been getting the last couple of weeks. You could also consider Sunday as we should have a light turnout because of folks heading to St Louis for a big carpet race there. But either should work out.
Old 01-05-2012, 02:13 PM   #15784
Tech Master

Default Wednesday night results

Here are the results from last night:
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Mains 1-4-2012.pdf (41.1 KB, 123 views)
Old 01-05-2012, 10:28 PM   #15785
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Hey Chuck, sent you a couple of PM's. Please get back with me when you can. Thanks.
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 06:48 AM   #15786
Bus
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Wow really sad when people become so desperate that they take from others. It would have to be someone thats not a regular. I really hate the fact that time and time again you have to lock your stuff up and cant leave your stuff alone at your pit table with out having to worry about someone taking off with them. How does one not notice someone taking off with a lap top?

I sure hope you catch them. Keep an eye on craigslist.
John 3:16, Losi 2.0, Losi 2.0 T, B4.1, B44.1
Sponsored by Wife
Bus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 09:31 AM   #15787
Bus
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Chuck do you have Byrons Race Fuel 25%? If not can you get some in?

thanks
John 3:16, Losi 2.0, Losi 2.0 T, B4.1, B44.1
Sponsored by Wife
Bus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 11:40 AM   #15788
Tech Apprentice

Default classes?

I haven't raced at Fastlane in a couple years, and just had a couple quick questions. I looked at recent results, and it seems like the classes are different than what I remember (CORR trucks were just getting going heavy, when I got out, but stock truck and mod truck were still in)

I'm trying to get a few friends and their kids into RC racing, and want to know if there is still a beginner class (they have stadium trucks not CORR trucks)?

I heard mention (maybe somewhere in this thread) about a super stock buggy class (13.5). Is that happening, or no? I'm interested in a super stock and mod buggy.

If there is no begginer class for the "old school" XXXT and RC10T type trucks, what class could they run their existing trucks?

Thanks in advance,
Rick
RPS52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 04:25 PM   #15789
Tech Apprentice

Lightbulb Been a while

Hey, I haven't raced in years and finally have some time and money to Get back into it. Used to race 1/10 nitro and it look likes brushless is the way to go now. What is the most competitive class for on road carpet and asphalt, how are the turn outs these days, I haven't raced since the hobby town USA days off metcalf. I'm also interested on what the best chassis is? Associated tc6? Anybody have something for sale, professional set up? Thanks and looking forward to racing again!

Anthony Dallen
SupraSpeeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 04:52 PM   #15790
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPS52 View Post
I haven't raced at Fastlane in a couple years, and just had a couple quick questions. I looked at recent results, and it seems like the classes are different than what I remember (CORR trucks were just getting going heavy, when I got out, but stock truck and mod truck were still in)

I'm trying to get a few friends and their kids into RC racing, and want to know if there is still a beginner class (they have stadium trucks not CORR trucks)?

I heard mention (maybe somewhere in this thread) about a super stock buggy class (13.5). Is that happening, or no? I'm interested in a super stock and mod buggy.

If there is no begginer class for the "old school" XXXT and RC10T type trucks, what class could they run their existing trucks?

Thanks in advance,
Rick
Whats up DOG ! Stadium truck is on the come back, (MOD) Buggy 17.5 super stock 13.5 and MOD. And yes beginners and or slash classes. Get your fanny bto the track and check it out.
UN4RACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 04:53 PM   #15791
Tech Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupraSpeeder View Post
Hey, I haven't raced in years and finally have some time and money to Get back into it. Used to race 1/10 nitro and it look likes brushless is the way to go now. What is the most competitive class for on road carpet and asphalt, how are the turn outs these days, I haven't raced since the hobby town USA days off metcalf. I'm also interested on what the best chassis is? Associated tc6? Anybody have something for sale, professional set up? Thanks and looking forward to racing again!

Anthony Dallen
Anthony Dallen the living legend lives.... Whoa!
Old 01-08-2012, 05:30 PM   #15792
Tech Apprentice

havent picked up a controller in 6 years
SupraSpeeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 07:27 PM   #15793
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by UN4RACING View Post
Whats up DOG ! Stadium truck is on the come back, (MOD) Buggy 17.5 super stock 13.5 and MOD. And yes beginners and or slash classes. Get your fanny bto the track and check it out.
Hey X! Will be good to be back out there. Planning on being back out within the next couple weeks. Look forward to catching up with all the guys. Had to step away for a while, but things back on track now! See you soon.

Rick
RPS52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 11:36 AM   #15794
Tech Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupraSpeeder View Post

havent picked up a controller in 6 years
You're in for a treat then cause they are half the weight now days....
Old 01-09-2012, 11:37 AM   #15795
Tech Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPS52 View Post
Hey X! Will be good to be back out there. Planning on being back out within the next couple weeks. Look forward to catching up with all the guys. Had to step away for a while, but things back on track now! See you soon.

Rick
See ya....