Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Kansas/Missouri Racing
3RD ANNUAL MARCH MAYHEM sponsored by CASTLE CREATIONS, March 21  & 22. >

3RD ANNUAL MARCH MAYHEM sponsored by CASTLE CREATIONS, March 21 & 22.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

3RD ANNUAL MARCH MAYHEM sponsored by CASTLE CREATIONS, March 21 & 22.

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2014, 08:25 AM
Tech Master

Default 3RD ANNUAL MARCH MAYHEM sponsored by CASTLE CREATIONS, March 21 & 22.

The 3rd Annual March Mayhem sponsored by Castle Creations will be held at Fastlane on March 21st & 22nd. This will be the final offroad special event of our 2013 -2014 indoor season.

As we did last year we'll be holding this as a 2 day event on Friday / Saturday to make it more accessible for our racers who can't manage the more typical 3 day weekend schedule for big events. There will be practice during the day and early evening of Friday but, unlike our previous events, we'll also hold 1 round of qualifying on Friday night. There will be a Saturday morning "last chance" practice with the remaining rounds of qualifying and Mains to be run on Saturday.

This format will allow those who can make it out on Friday to enjoy the full day of practice and all the rounds of qualifying. For those who can only come out on Saturday, they'll still be able to make the minimum number of qualifiers being scored and participate in the Mains. It may be a late night Saturday (early Sunday morning) but this format may work better for some of our local guys.

The event will feature IFMAR qualifying with Qual Points, trophies for TQ and the top 3 in each A Main, and a 2014 edition Fastlane T shirt with each first entry. Entry fees will be lower than our 3 day trophy events with your first class costing $25, a second class an additional $15 and additional classes beyond that $10 each. Fastlane discount cards will not be accepted for race fees for this special event.

The race is available for signup online on RCSignup.com at:

http://events.rcsignup.com/events/di...nt.cfm?ID=3763

A flyer for the race will be posted later.

Here are some more details:

Friday March 21st
9 AM – Shop Opens
10 AM – Track opens for practice
6:30 PM – Drivers’ meeting
7 PM – Qualifying Round 1 – track & shop close 30 minutes after end of qualifying

Saturday, March 22nd
7:30 AM – Shop opens
8 AM – Last Chance practice for those who did not run on Friday
9 AM – Drivers’ meeting
9:30 AM – Qualifying Round 2 (total of 3 or 4 rounds depending on number of entries)
8 PM – Approx start of Mains

- IFMAR qualifying using Qual Points; best 2 rounds determine main start
- 8 Cars locked into Mains; 2 bump ups
- Trophies for Top 3 in each class and TQ
- 2014 edition Fastlane T shirt included in first entry fee
- 8 minute A Mains, 6 Minute lower Mains
- Door prizes

Entry Fees:
- 1st class - $25
- 2nd class - $15
- Additional classes beyond 2 - $10
- Fastlane Discount cards not accepted for race fees for this event.

Classes:
- 2WD Stock Buggy - 17.5 / no timing (blinky)
- 2WD Super Stock Buggy - 17.5 w/ ESC timing or 13.5 w/ no timing (blinky)
- 2WD Mod Buggy
- 4WD Mod Buggy
- 2WD Super Stock Stadium Truck - 17.5 / timing or 13.5 w/ no timing (blinky)
- 2WD Mod Stadium Truck
- 2WD Stock Short Course - 17.5 / no timing (blinky)
- 2WD Open Short Course
- 4WD Open Short Course
- Stock Slash

Last edited by BIGCHUCK; 03-18-2014 at 06:34 PM.
Old 03-14-2014, 08:42 AM
Tech Master

Default Schedule for March Mayhem Week

Here is our schedule ahead of next weekends March Mayhem event:

Saturday, March 15 - normal schedule. Doors open at 10:30 AM, offroad racing begins at 1 PM. This is the last race on the current layout and the final race in the Winter Saturday Points series. We will give away gift certificates ($100, $75 and $50) and trophies at the conclusion of racing. Track rebuild will begin following racing.

Sunday, March 16th - No indoor offroad practice due to track rebuild. Carpet Oval racing Sunday. Doors open at 10:30 AM, racing starts at 1 PM.

Monday, March 17th - No indoor offroad practice due to track rebuild. Carpet onroad practice. Open from 4 Pm to 10 PM.

Tuesday, March 18th - No indoor offroad practice due to track rebuild. Carpet onroad racing begins at 7 PM. Open from 4 PM to 10 PM.

Wednesday, March 19th - Doors open at 4 PM. Offroad racing begins at 7 PM on new layout. Last race in the Winter Wednesday Points Series. We will give away gift certificates ($100, $75, $50) and trophies at the conclusion of racing.

Thursday, March 20th - Doors open at 4 PM. Carpet oval racing begins at 7 PM. No offroad practice. Preparation for 3rd Annual March Mayhem presented by Castle Creations.

Friday, March 21st - Doors open at 9 AM. Practice for March Mayhem entries begins at 10 AM. First round of qualifying begins at 7 PM. Track closes 30 minutes after conclusion of last qualifying heat.

Saturday, March 22nd - Doors open at 7:30 AM. Last chance practice for those unable to run on Friday night from 8 - 9 AM. Round 2 of qualifying begins at 9:30 AM. We will run a total of 3 or 4 rounds of qualifying depending on turnout. Best 2 rounds of qualifying will determine position in Mains. Mains will follow last round of qualifying and conclude on Saturday night.

Sunday, March 23rd - Open from 10:30 AM to 6 PM. Offroad track open for practice. Please call to see if we are carpet racing. It will depend on how much extra pit space we need for the March Mayhem event.
Old 03-14-2014, 10:23 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

This is my favorite race of the year. Perfect for my schedule and all the locals get to lay it down once and for all for the season. I plan to win this year....

Great entry fee and I get a new shirt. What color are they this year.? I saw you wearing a black one the other day. Or is that a special edition T.?
Old 03-14-2014, 11:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Pink one for you.
Old 03-14-2014, 12:57 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by RCmayor
Pink one for you.
Nah it would clash with my brown eyes.... Fluttering..
Old 03-14-2014, 01:25 PM
Tech Lord

B44.2
Year one with the Mayhem jump on the back wall. You know the jump that will go down in Mayhem history as the most awesome jump of all time at FL. Well I qualified 5th and was flying around in a strong 3rd gaining on the front pack rolling tootling along smooth like a pro driver.THEN BAM!!!!!
Darn slipper gave up. Ended 6th.

B44.2
Year two. The fastest track of all season with the longest straight and the real cool off camber 180 around the pole and the blind slap face table top. Awesome layout BTW. Qualified 5th again WTH. Any hoot I would have been TQ if it had been qual points..Just saying..LOL

In warm ups BAM!! I hit the pole and broke an arm. Thanks to Pearson I was able to get it back out in my Racers minute only to flip it after the turn past the loop and BAM!! broke the other friggin arm. AGAIN!! Come on! dang it!! I had settled in and was tootling around in a strong 3rd.

TLR 22-4
This year with a TLR 22-4 I am not settling for less than 1st..!! I have been a sultan of speed, the demon of fast, the wizard of smooth and driving like a pro on steroids. I am in it to win again and I am out for redemption. Move over slow pokes I'm bringing the A,B and C game all in one race to the finish.

I'm leaving it all on the track this Mayhem race. Win lose or draw I am going for the win.!! TQ no big deal. W is what its all about..... If I qual 5th I wont settle in for 3rd. Gotta go for it this year.
Old 03-14-2014, 07:08 PM
Tech Adept

Good luck UN.
Old 03-14-2014, 08:18 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Flynrace rc
Good luck UN.
Thanks. Last big chance of the indoor season for us all to lay it down for bragging rights for the following year. If I win this thread wont die till next year.. Its going to be fun..... Its looking like a its going to be quite a showdown. Some pretty fast racers in 4x4 ..

Last edited by UN4RACING; 03-15-2014 at 06:49 AM.
Old 03-16-2014, 08:21 PM
Tech Lord

Track is underway racers. If your a "Be" wanna be, could be, should be, would be, racer you have to BE at this race. I will get some pics up asap. I have to stop in Tuesday for parts.
I am looking forward to see what Spencer puts together. "Biting nails"

Last edited by UN4RACING; 03-17-2014 at 11:34 PM.
Old 03-17-2014, 05:06 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

^^^ Funny Guy,lmao
Old 03-17-2014, 06:44 PM
Tech Adept

The link in the first post doesn't work. It takes me to the track sign-in page.

http://tracks.rcsignup.com/events/di...nt.cfm?ID=3763

I'm surprised by the low numbers listed on the site? It that pretty normal for races like this? This will be my first time racing at fastlane since 04 or 05. Last time I was there to race it was for indoor dirt oval.
Old 03-17-2014, 11:31 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Myt3rocks

I'm surprised by the low numbers listed on the site? It that pretty normal for races like this? This will be my first time racing at fastlane since 04 or 05. Last time I was there to race it was for indoor dirt oval.
Turn outs the past couple of years have been pretty large. You can't really gauge RC sign ups for his race.

I do how ever have a sneaky peek vid I will get another up tomorrow. And hopefully a better one by Wednesday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuS1Zb43xrI
Old 03-18-2014, 06:36 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Myt3rocks

Sorry, didn't notice this earlier. The link should be correct now.

As for the turnout, we had around 150 entries last year with the majority not registering on RC Signup. We're expecting something in that neigbborhood again this year. Looking over the entry list, only a few of our regulars have bothered to sign up. But I expect most of those regulars to attend anyway.
Old 03-21-2014, 06:05 AM
Tech Lord

Good luck to all the racers this weekend. May your losses "be" few and your victories "be" many.

And remember its not how fast you, but fast you get there.

I'm off to the track to "be" fitted for my new T/shirt. There black this year BTW.
Old 03-24-2014, 12:19 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by UN4RACING
Turn outs the past couple of years have been pretty large. You can't really gauge RC sign ups for his race.

I do how ever have a sneaky peek vid I will get another up tomorrow. And hopefully a better one by Wednesday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuS1Zb43xrI
Random question but what kind of walk behind tiller/ soil conditioner is that in your video around the 30sec mark?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.