Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Kansas/Missouri Racing
Missouri State RC Pro Series Finals at Fastlane >

Missouri State RC Pro Series Finals at Fastlane

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Missouri State RC Pro Series Finals at Fastlane

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2013, 09:25 AM
Tech Master

Default Missouri State RC Pro Series Finals at Fastlane

Fastlane Raceway will host the Missouri State RC Pro Series Finals on September 13, 14 & 15.

Pre-entry is available now on RCSignup.com at: http://events.rcsignup.com/events/di...nt.cfm?ID=3477

Event Schedule:

Friday -09/13 - Shop opens at 10 AM. Practice from 11 AM to 9 PM.
Saturday - 09/14 - Shop opens at 7 AM. Last chance practice from 7:30 to 8:30 AM. Drivers meeting at 8:30 AM. Qualifiers (best 2 of 4 rounds) start at 9 AM.

Sunday - 09/15 - Doors open at 8 AM. Mains start at 9 AM.

Classes:

Nitro 1/8 Intermediate Buggy
Nitro 1/8 Open Buggy
Nitro 1/8 Intermediate Arena Truck
Nitro 1/8 Open Arena Truck

Electric 1/10 Stadium Truck
Electric 1/10 2WD Short Course
Electric 1/10 4WD Short Course
Electric 1/8 Buggy

Race fee:

1st class: $35
Additional classes: $25

Full RC Pro Series membership required for this event.

Racers may pit inside or outside. We'll be reserving the space alongside the building which houses the carpet track for Easy Ups and such. There is air and water with a cleanup table outside in that area as well as electricity. If you have a trailer we ask that you park to the North side of the oval track driver's stand.
Old 08-12-2013, 08:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Full membership???, Wow. Hmm.
Old 08-13-2013, 10:30 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by RCmayor
Full membership???, Wow. Hmm.
Not our call or Rex's. That's the word from RC Pro headquarters.

On the other hand it doesn't seem all that strange to me that you need to be a member of an organization to compete in that organization's events.

The cost of membership in the organizations which promote championships, develop rules and generally provide stability to the sport / hobby is a tiny fraction of what most of us spend on RC racing. Whether organizations like ROAR or RC Pro get everything right or not; we'd have chaos in terms of rules and standards if they weren't doing their thing. Supporting them via membership seems reasonable if we want to compete in organized racing rather than backyard bashing.

Last edited by BIGCHUCK; 08-13-2013 at 11:56 AM.
Old 08-13-2013, 11:48 AM
Tech Elite

Ya, I think it would be more palatable if the state series in this area wasn't just slightly glorified club races. One of the biggest challenges for RC Pro going forward is figuring out what works for Texas doesn't always work for the rest of the country. The way I see it is I would have to pay $50 to race in a club race. The positive I guess is no membership fees all next year. No one around here really cares about the National series finals anymore, just too far away. Dallas wasn't too bad, but Houston area is twice the distance.... It will be interesting to see what direction this new guy takes.
Old 09-03-2013, 08:44 AM
Tech Master

Less than 2 weeks until the State RC Pro Series Final at Fastlane. This will be our last major outdoor race of the 2013 season. Looking forward to a good crowd and a great racing weekend.
Old 09-03-2013, 03:41 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

http://www.rcproseries.com/info/2013-rc-pro-rule
Nothing in there about steps
Old 09-10-2013, 08:43 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I will get pics up when the pipes are in but this layout is over the top fast and flowing looking. Can't wait. Over 90% of the track is new.....
Old 09-11-2013, 03:06 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by gofast072
Doesn't matter. Our track, our liability, our primary insurance, our safety rules. Of all the racers we've had at our track this summer you are the only one who continues to make an issue of our driver's stand rule. That rule will be in effect this weekend as it has been all summer, including the prior 2 RC Pro related events.

The rule is simple. If you are tall enough when standing naturally on the driver's stand deck for the bottom of your elbows to be above the railing, you don't get to use any type of step or stool to increase your height. If, when standing on the deck, your elbows are below the rail, you may use only enough "height boost" until your elbows are above the rail.

The rule exists for everyone's safety and to prevent the type of nonsense we often see where guys keep boosting higher and higher in some form of weird competition to see who can be the tallest and get their radio in the way of the most people. As is usually the case with things like this, it was instituted because of a few people who take the driver's stand step or stool to extremes. But to be effective, it has to apply to everyone.
Old 09-16-2013, 02:28 PM
Tech Master

Default Results and Thank You's

The results from this past weekend's RC Pro Series Missouri State Finals are attached to this post and are up on our website. I hope everyone had a great time. Congratulations to the winners and thanks to everyone who attended what appears to be the last race ever for the RC Pro Series in Missouri. Many of you know that RC Pro Series has decided to become a Texas series only. As Rex announced at the driver's meeting, discussions are already underway to come up with "home grown" Missouri series for next season.

I want to apologize to those who attended the event this weekend for spending so little time at the track (of course many may think that's a good thing LOL). Fastlane double scheduled for the weekend and we were also operating a demo track at the Blue Springs Fall Fun Festival to try to introduce more people to our great hobby. Over the course of 3 days we put an RC radio in someone's hands ("kids" of all ages were encouraged to participate) over 900 times to have them run a few laps of practice and a 5 lap race with the Traxxas Slash. They had tons of fun and we're hoping to see some fresh faces as a result of that effort.

Speaking of effort, the only way we managed to pull off this particular double header is because I am blessed with a great family, great Fastlane staff and great racers who all pitched in to make it possible. I can not begin to properly express my thanks and appreciation to those who helped make this possible. But I can start by thanking them here. So thanks a million to:

Spencer Whited for his outstanding track building. If you haven't seen him build a track you have no idea how hard he works on planning and building. This time around he had even less help from me than normal. I need to also thank Anthony Patterson for helping Spencer out on a couple of the build days when I was busy with the shop or preparing stuff for the Fall Fun Fest.

Arlynn Simon for working his tail off with me at the Fun Festival. Imagine having to personally marshall every corner of the worst race you have ever seen. Now imagine doing this for up to 12 hours a day. That pretty well describes the effort Arlynn put in this weekend. And that doesn't count his help in set up and tear down.

Scott Simon and Sam Reed who basically ran the normal Fastlane business this weekend except it wasn't just a normal weekend with the Pro Series Finals! From what I have heard, Sam did his normal fantastic job running the races. And, after working at Fastlane all day Saturday, Scott showed up at the Fun Fest to help us out for the last couple of hours Saturday night. I think that probably more than substituted for his normal gym work out.

Thanks to the racers who pitched in on some needed track maintenance Saturday night with Sam. I'm probably missing someone since I wasn't there but I've heard the crew consisted of Anthony, Jeremy Cathlina, Jeramy Riggs, Gene Cook and Jon Stevenson with Jeremy Cathline in charge. Also thanks to Cathlina and others who helped Sam with watering and sweeping between rounds.

Thanks to Shane and Dylan Schmidt for helping at the Festival on Friday night just as we got really busy for the first time and to Howard Cano for helping Friday afternoon.

Finally, thanks to my son Chuck for volunteering to work the entire Festival weekend including set up and tear down. He doesn't get to spend as much time on RC related stuff as he used to because of his growing family but he pitched in to bail his old man out on this one. We'll probably see him even less at the track for a while since he probably used up all his "RC credits" at home for the rest of the year. But thanks again to him and to his wife Aundrea for lending him to me for the weekend.

And thanks again to everyone for your continued support of Fastlane Raceway.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
MO Pro Series Finals.pdf (131.2 KB, 119 views)
Old 10-06-2013, 08:28 PM
Tech Elite

Thought this was kind of funny and remembered the full membership price discussion on here for the State series finals.

Quote from the National Series Final "You must be an RC Pro Member to race, or you will need to purchase a $5.00, single-event membership. Membership is mandatory, as this is how our insurance covers you in the event of an accident".

Now I imagine at this point in the season most are fully paid up, but still it is the National Finals. Even Roar requires a full membership for a National. Their reasoning is if it is just a weekend pass and someone with a weekend membership wins then they would have a Non member as a National Champion. If that really matters....

Just thought this was interesting, and its probably a moot point because RC Pro is going to be a Tx series now anyway. As stupid as that is, I say don't let the door hit you in the ass RC Pro. lol.