Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Kansas/Missouri Racing
ROAR REGION 8 OFFROAD CHAMPIONSHIPS - 8th Scale / 4WD SC >

ROAR REGION 8 OFFROAD CHAMPIONSHIPS - 8th Scale / 4WD SC

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ROAR REGION 8 OFFROAD CHAMPIONSHIPS - 8th Scale / 4WD SC

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2013, 04:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Bit of clarification pls Anthony: Big, giant 1/8th scale break your stuff if you don't hit it perfect jumps???

OR

Smooth jumps that allow a challenge but are able to be made Iand enjoyed) by both scales of vehicles that are supposed to compete at this event??

OR some of each???
Old 08-22-2013, 05:15 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Chris K
Bit of clarification pls Anthony: Big, giant 1/8th scale break your stuff if you don't hit it perfect jumps???

OR

Smooth jumps that allow a challenge but are able to be made Iand enjoyed) by both scales of vehicles that are supposed to compete at this event??

OR some of each???
Actually the only jump that will separate the fellas is the dragon back. It takes throttle and driving discipline to make it. There's 3 lines and if you don't commit well lets just say things happen sudden,,,LOL

The "Dragon Back Jump", is a plan for it jump and takes some set up approaching it.........
The double double is the line and very safe lap after lap and consistent easy to hit and you see this line easy. The triple happens in a blink and you will be shocked when you hit it. Its a ghost line you can't see it, its a quick whoa I thought I was going to quad it scenario, but if you quad it you will hang in the air for a bit, but the line is visible, it is faster than the double double. If you watch the dots you will know what to do. Tight "no" dot double double. Just "outside" the dot its all quad but you have to commit. The Dragon can make you or break you and can even the race up quick. Toughest section for sure. The triple is a a crap shoot very hard to hit lap after lap. Its fastest IMO but no line and throttle input is the key. If a racer can get a bead on that line its fast.

All the other jumps are beginner level. None on the entire layout are parts breakers by a long shot and with plush landings. E buggies will be dialed in 2 packs and nitro will be dialed in a tank I bet.

Difficulty factor is very low and should allow every level of racer to be in the race. My guess is 80/90% of racers should do very well. Its going to be some close racing>>>>>>

There is a tricky pro jump option.
The one that's at the end of the straight is a booger. Its totally a pro jump. High risk factor but can gain about 3/10th's on a lap if you can do it consistent. Down side is its a oh wow I made it jump and if you miss it once you lose the last 4 times you made it...LOL Its a tough marshal zone as well...

AND JUST SO YOU SC FELLAS KNOW UP FRONT. ITS SC HEAVEN!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-22-2013, 05:17 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Damn I may just go do a vid real quick...LOL That post is going to rattle the imagination.
Old 08-26-2013, 02:55 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default info

Originally Posted by UN4RACING
Damn I may just go do a vid real quick...LOL That post is going to rattle the imagination.
you have a pm
Old 08-29-2013, 07:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Curious how things went... Are there results anywhere?
Old 08-29-2013, 09:45 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by porter
Curious how things went... Are there results anywhere?
Complete results are posted on our website at:

http://www.fastlanehobbies.com/results/?id=909

Photos of trophy winners for each class on our Facebook Group page:

https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/FastlaneRaceway/
Old 08-29-2013, 03:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Thanks