Letko raceway Opening raceday

Old 03-27-2012, 11:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default Letko raceway Opening raceday

The time is here April 7th will be Letko's first raceday track opens at 2pm races to start around 5pm.
Race Fees:$15 one class, $25 for Two, $30 unlimited
Kids 15 and under will be:$10 and $20 unlimited
If a dad is racing and brings the kids its $5 for kids each class.
We do NOT have house transponders so you will need a personal transponder to race at letko.
I will be runing the race program so if you have any questions feel free to call me 913-548-3266 thanks Jeremy
Old 03-28-2012, 12:06 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Sounds great Jeremy. Was there a list of all the classes you guys will be running somewhere? I look forward to trading some paint with you guys.
Old 03-28-2012, 03:58 PM
Tech Master

Default I will

I am working on classes and should have them posted bye the weekend. I know there will be the normal
Mod stadium truck
Mod 2wd buggy
Mod 4wd buggy
open 2wd and 4wd short course
The others I am thinking is a stock buggy 17.5 and stock shortcourse class like 13.5
I am open to opinions and will take them into consideration.
Old 03-28-2012, 05:30 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jeremy Blair
I am working on classes and should have them posted bye the weekend. I know there will be the normal
Mod stadium truck
Mod 2wd buggy
Mod 4wd buggy
The others I am thinking is a stock buggy 17.5 and stock shortcourse class like 13.5
if i am not miss taken stock shortcourse at almost all tracks is 17.5 i know some people think that is to slow and 17.5 buggy is to slow but that is the point of a stockclass. if too slow run mod. nice to keep class the same as nation norm that way people from out of town can race and not have to buy new motor either way i am in.
Old 03-28-2012, 06:35 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by supachz
if i am not miss taken stock shortcourse at almost all tracks is 17.5 i know some people think that is to slow and 17.5 buggy is to slow but that is the point of a stockclass. if too slow run mod. nice to keep class the same as nation norm that way people from out of town can race and not have to buy new motor either way i am in.
I agree totally I want to try and keep it close to roar rules for those reasons which would be 17.5 blinky mode.
Old 03-28-2012, 07:06 PM
Tech Master

Sounds kool...I will be there to rip up some dirt!
Old 03-28-2012, 08:34 PM
Tech Master

Default nice

Alex come on up anytime Dover and AP came up last saturday for practice and we had an awsome day. The layout is real flowing and fun to battle on. Here is a pic of some of the new layout. The whoops onto the table top is a blast and you can actually skim the whoops.
Attached Thumbnails Letko raceway Opening raceday-letko-layout.jpg  
Old 03-28-2012, 10:56 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jeremy Blair
Mod stadium truck
Mod 2wd buggy
Mod 4wd buggy
Just a suggestion so please don't kill me here guys. I really like the idea of stock 17.5 blinky for buggy and then maybe a superstock class for the short course trucks similar to what they do in KC for the buggy's. You could even do a 13.5 blinky class for the trucks and this would make some of RTR trucks like the SC 10 that comes with a 3300 KV motor legal to run in stock. I know that ROAR rules so if you guys decide to follow that I will respect that. Thanks for all the hard work on bringing another great facility to the area.
Old 03-28-2012, 11:50 PM
Tech Master

Jason my delima is I was wondering about maybe a 13.5 for short course but if I follow the rule book then no one truck has a power advantage its a level playing field. I think it will be a 17.5 to start racing but I am open to sugestions and if there is enough interest and the weekly racers wanna try something different we can. I wanna make it fun for everyone and try and not leave anyone out. I will talk with some of the guys that run SC and make a decision in the next couple of days. I am easy and dont mind trying new things to keep the racers happy and having fun. I am also thinking of bringing back a old chillicothe tradition on slower turnout nights. Anybody remember the $1 buy in money races after the mains?
Its mainly for laughs and fun, but its $1 to buy in whatever car you wanna enter. 5 minutes backwards on the track no marshals and if you wreck your car stays where it lies and becomes a obsticle. Winner gets 70% and second gets 30% My main goal is to bring back some of the fun racing.
Old 03-29-2012, 08:17 AM
Tech Adept

The classes you have posted sound good. I have a couple of suggestions, 1) how about a novice (run what you have) class for newbies and kids. 2) if a large enough group shows up with "open class" short course trucks, consider splitting the class into sportsman and pro groupes based on lap times. We did this in the sedans and monster trucks at the old Hobbytown OP parking lot races and it seemed to work out pretty well.
Old 04-01-2012, 07:44 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Good Luck with the races this Saturday...Easter weekend and all this great weather were having, its probably not going to be a big turnout.Fastlane had 7 people show up yesterday for there Saturday race and it ended up being a $5 practice day. You mite want to reschedule for another nite mabey during the week Tuesday or Thursday just a thought.
Old 04-01-2012, 08:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Wow, 7 at Fastlane?
Old 04-01-2012, 08:17 PM
Tech Master

Thanks for the input but things are staying on schedule for next saturday the 7th. The loop was installed today and got the computer going and ready for next weekend. Big thanks to Clint and Alberico for the hard work getting everything done today. Hope to see everyone next weekend if not we will be racing every saturday in april. Here are the classes:
2wd Novice
4wd Novice
Stock 2wd Shortcourse 17.5
Stock 2wd Buggy 17.5
2wd Mod Buggy
4wd Mod buggy
Mod stadium Truck
2wd Open Shortcourse
4wd Open Shortcourse
Old 04-02-2012, 05:30 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (93%+)

Went to letko yesterday track is awsome and the dirt is freakin great I have a new place to play . Great job guys...
Old 04-02-2012, 03:39 PM
Tech Initiate

The track is open sundays? Can't wait to do some "rippin' and a tearin'" on the new track layout!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.