Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree6Likes

ProlevelRC Raceway

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2011, 09:06 AM
Tech Master

Glad to see the thread taking off.

The F1 class could be a good fun class. The prices that Larry is talking about is not bad. I like the way Larry has the rules, keeping it simple is the best thing for a new track.

The spec tire for touring car will be the Jaco Bluez. They will be sold at the track.

Also ProlevelRC will have a custom built slot car drag strip. This will be another not so much money to get into, but will for sure be a lot of fun.

Thanks Drew
Old 07-11-2011, 01:48 PM
Tech Master

Default Class Info

Guys here are the ideas I have been thinking about for classes. The Touring car class is pretty much set, but I still have a few ideas how to do the 1/12 class. I think the best way for a track and a group of racers to grow is to keep things simple. So at first the track will only offer 4 classes to race in. 2 onroad and 2 oval. Onroad being 1/10 and 1/12 and oval being 1/10 and 1/18.

1/10 Touring car Rubber: Motor 17.5, ESC Non-timing software (blinky), Spec Tire Jaco Bluez.

On the ESC's you can use any speedo (LRP,Tekin.KOPropo,etc..) It just has to have the non-timing software turned on. Which most speedo's will blink when it is in that mode.

1/12 I was thinking 13.5 non-timing, but I see that some tracks are still offering 17.5 boosted. A 17.5 boosted is going to be faster then a 13.5 non-timing. That might be the way to go for 1/12, but I am thinking the whole non-timing might be easier. So maybe a 10.5 non-timing class. So I am stuck between that 13.5 or 10.5. What do you guys think would be the best?

On the F1, i think it could be a fun and inexpensive class, But i would like everyone to start with 1/10 or 1/12 and then have that be a second class to one of those. Like what Larry is doing. He is planning on racing 1/10 touring car and for right now just driving his F1. As the F1 class picks up Larry would then have a second class to race.

I know 1/10 and 1/12 will be two good classes to start out with as they are raced everywhere onroad is raced, but also there are many people that have there cars from the old track. So I fell it is safe to promote these classes knowing that we will have people to come race them.

Thanks Drew
Old 07-11-2011, 02:57 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default local stuff for sale

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...ectronics.html

some local onroad stuff for sale. pm me if interested.
Old 07-11-2011, 03:13 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I want to know what cars everyone is gonna run. I want to start looking into getting some but I dont want to have a car no one else has. I wont have time to figure out my own setup or be able to keep alot of parts that no one else has. I was thinking about getting a new t2r pro for touring. Im familiar with it and I think it will be a good first car for me. I think it has alot of the same parts as some of the new xray shit too but idk. I would definately get an f1 as well as a sort of replacement for my vta addiction. I need to get a pit bag asweel. I already have 1 transponder and 2 recievers. I have one good lrp speedo and I have some old speedos I could use in the f1 and I have a couple nice servos already. I have 1 lipo. Really all i need is the 2 kits, some, paragon, another transponder, another battery, some tires, a bag, and a 17.5 motor. Whats the best 17.5 bang for buck?
Old 07-11-2011, 07:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 103 (98%+)

I may have a pit bag, battery (smc lipo), Trinity D3 17.5 available once I get back from Japan in August. Whatever it is I have available it'll go first to a local at a cheap price to help get this track going! Check with me the middle of next month.
Old 07-11-2011, 07:34 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by evostyle
I may have a pit bag, battery (smc lipo), Trinity D3 17.5 available once I get back from Japan in August. Whatever it is I have available it'll go first to a local at a cheap price to help get this track going! Check with me the middle of next month.
Sweet. And Larry, when your getting shit on in the F1, dont flake on me! Your going down~!

Let the trash talking commence!
Old 07-11-2011, 08:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

T Fears....what happened to your arrive and drive program????
Old 07-11-2011, 08:50 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)

I'll be running touring car.

As for 17.5t, any of the epic motors are a good choice and some of the least expensive. Last year I ran the older duo 2 and a lrp in the blinky class. I think the duo was faster and didn't fade like the lrp did.
Old 07-11-2011, 08:51 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)

Originally Posted by TfnG
T Fears....what happened to your arrive and drive program????
He got cut off......
Old 07-11-2011, 09:04 PM
Tech Master

Thomas the train,

I think its best if you go with an Xray carMight know were there is a good deal on one

Drew
Old 07-11-2011, 09:08 PM
Tech Master

Also guys I will being getting the racing schedule all figured out this week and will post.

Thanks Drew
Old 07-11-2011, 09:20 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Drew Ellis
Thomas the train,

I think its best if you go with an Xray carMight know were there is a good deal on one

Drew
Im definately going xray cuase Fabio, Lary,and you have them. Your business deals in thier products ect ect. I just dont wanna get one that you all dont wanna help me figure out. I would rather pay a little more if I had to but if they are all fairly similar, I would preffer to just go with the T2R pro. I want something new cuase I dont know enough about them to unfuck someones shit. If I build it, I know how it was originally and I can just put it back when I inevitably fuck it up.

As for the arrive and drive program, well, as it is in life is the same as it is in rc racing. All good things must come to an end. A paracitic relationship takes its toll on a friendship haha. Fabio's tit was getting understandably sore and I needed wheened metaphorically speeking. But, cuase I wont be able to practice during the week, ill never really have a car that is set up, so hopefully I can just copy y'alls set ups. Im gonna miss VTA. I used 1 set of tires all season and after the first few weeks, the only setup adjustments I would do to the car was in the degree to which I would sauce or clean the tires haha. NO BRAIN REQUIRED! I just wanna wheel.
Old 07-11-2011, 11:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 103 (98%+)

What about Fabio's other tit? Or does he only have one....

too funny..
Old 07-12-2011, 06:11 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Drew I need some servo bushing for my KO's two. Can u help me out by thursday
Old 07-12-2011, 06:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Drew Ellis
Also guys I will being getting the racing schedule all figured out this week and will post.

Thanks Drew
Drew you know we will make our way to St Louis regularly. The classes sound right too. Looking forward to it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.