Wiki Posts
Search

Indoor Dirt oval

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2010, 12:52 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Line ups

Mudboss, I am not sure what you are talking about as far as being at a disadvantage, I will be glad to show you all of the line ups to show how it is fair to everyone, I run in 4 or 5 classes and have been in with the big dogs as well as the not so skilled group, I will be glad to check into how the computer sets up heats. Thanks for your input. Skip
Old 10-12-2010, 04:45 PM
Tech Rookie

I apologize I made some phone call's to some friend's to double check with what they told me. What I was told is that over the Winter the lineup's were being set with "Driver Ability". Which puts the fast experenced racer's together and the not so experenced racer's together to bash it out. Please correct me if I'm wrong. Are driver's ability being programed into the computer? The only reason I ask is I have some pretty expensive cars just to get thrown is bash classes.
Old 10-15-2010, 05:00 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by mudboss57
I apologize I made some phone call's to some friend's to double check with what they told me. What I was told is that over the Winter the lineup's were being set with "Driver Ability". Which puts the fast experenced racer's together and the not so experenced racer's together to bash it out. Please correct me if I'm wrong. Are driver's ability being programed into the computer? The only reason I ask is I have some pretty expensive cars just to get thrown is bash classes.

Do you really want to race? or just making excuses! I am starting to think that you are just making excuses why you shouldn't show-up! Hopefully you will prove me wrong!!!!
Come out and show us how it's done!!!
Old 10-15-2010, 06:34 AM
Tech Initiate

Seems weird they still won't answer your question mudboss
Old 10-15-2010, 08:39 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Line ups

Sorry I thought I had addressed the questions, I believe the lineups are more than fair. I will be the first to admit that I dont want my expensive cars bashed anymore than the next guy. We have all skill levels of drivers in most classes, I will be glad to see listen to anyone that has a fair way to assure that everone gets into the correct heat, Mud I sent you a PM give me a call and we can discuss how best to do it. As far as the track I believe it is in great shape as I stated before. Ask some of the guys that race on a regular basis, It is a dirt oval and I dont promise anyone it will be perfect but we keep trying to make it better, thanks for your input Skip
Old 11-19-2010, 09:33 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by mudboss57
Mud if and when you show up come see me sents you've raced there before you know who I am, I do the lineups at skips and help run the races. At skips
we lineup the heats the same way 95% of the rest of the country does it. we have try doing it by rank and some time we might go back to it. But be assured you need not worry we will never rank the novice class. Thanks for your interest, hope to see you soon at Skips. Jim
Old 11-22-2010, 11:33 PM
Tech Initiate

Musboss I understand your concerns about the rough track conditions. I just got new rocket late model and am kinda hesitant on putting it on a rough track due to its cost. I am planning to go up after thanksgiving when I can get the money to race because i wanna try her out. The track is already fun to be at but will be even better when it gets as smooth as the other tracks around here. Skips is a great place to race at but will be even better once it gets smoothed out.

There should be about 4 months of a good car count left so you will see some good racing before people will start getting ready again for outdoor season. Ill see ya there sometime.

Dave Merry
Old 11-24-2010, 05:00 PM
Tech Rookie

Oh yea Skip's RC is a great track and its's great to have another indoor oval since Shawnee and Fastlane dont have their indoor dirt oval anymore. It's a plus to have one around the Kansas City area. I just cant understand why a track that has been open for a year now still cant figure out how to make a smooth track for the racer's. I know I'm not the only person that is saying this. I have read it on other forum board's as well and talked with my fellow racer's. This topic is nothing new but seem's to have a big effect on car count's. I stand and say that the only two thing's that concern me for going back up there is a rough track and the aggresive driving. Other than that I like what is up there. Ill eventually make it back sometime when I'm not offroading.
Old 11-28-2010, 12:35 PM
Tech Rookie

Mudboss yes the track has been ruff no doubt about it. We have thrown every thing we could think of at it. It’s not from the lack of trying.
You could say, “If it’s the dirt then just change it “ well not all of us has hit the lottery and dirt is not cheep contrary to belief. What I can say is if you every race a real car on dirt you would know that the track changes it gets rutted out thru the night. I’ve seen ruts two feet wide and 18 ins. Deep. But the drivers are back the next week.
Here you are hiding behind a nickname bad mouthing a track that you don’t run on, or you don’t try to help solve the problem like other drivers do. You want to badmouth a track for your shortcoming. Sorry man I have no respect for you Mr. Mudboss who ever you are. Maybe you need a new hobby like cliff diving.

P.S. Sorry to all the other driver on RC Tech for this posting . FYI the track at Skips is looking much better we’ve got it 90% smooth out and working on the rest!! Thanks to Boo McGill! Everyone is welcome even you Mudboss who ever you are.
Old 11-28-2010, 03:14 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by jimmyrup
Mudboss yes the track has been ruff no doubt about it. We have thrown every thing we could think of at it. It’s not from the lack of trying.
You could say, “If it’s the dirt then just change it “ well not all of us has hit the lottery and dirt is not cheep contrary to belief. What I can say is if you every race a real car on dirt you would know that the track changes it gets rutted out thru the night. I’ve seen ruts two feet wide and 18 ins. Deep. But the drivers are back the next week.
Here you are hiding behind a nickname bad mouthing a track that you don’t run on, or you don’t try to help solve the problem like other drivers do. You want to badmouth a track for your shortcoming. Sorry man I have no respect for you Mr. Mudboss who ever you are. Maybe you need a new hobby like cliff diving.

P.S. Sorry to all the other driver on RC Tech for this posting . FYI the track at Skips is looking much better we’ve got it 90% smooth out and working on the rest!! Thanks to Boo McGill! Everyone is welcome even you Mudboss who ever you are.
WELL PUT!!!
Old 11-29-2010, 08:08 PM
Tech Rookie

Mr Rupard I have already been back to the track to race a few time's. I mean no disprespect. I didnt say my screen name due to the bashing one would get for speaking their mind. Im glad you are no longer programming the driver's ability in the computer so none regular's will have a fair chance. I appreciate that you honestly said that the rating system was used. Im pretty disapointed that the owner skip duck and dodged my question when several people told me he knew about the way the races were being set but yet wasnt honest with me on here but yet you were.

Ive spent most my summer's at the dirt track's around the midwest and some on the east. Dirt is not perfect thats why its dirt. Im glad the track is heading in the right direction and is getting smooth again. I dont mind the bump's so much if they were not as bad as they were. My sprint was tossed around like a dog toy at time's but yet my SC10 was still getting bounced around. But oh well we just move on to the next week anyway's like you said. Ive been around the RC scene for so many years to know when to quit while your ahead and save your stuff. Im looking forward to my next race to have some fun.

Cliff diving is not that fun... Especially when a guy shout's out old fart racing then S**t his pant's halfway down. That made for a good car ride.
Old 01-12-2011, 08:12 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Saturday evening oval

We open at 4 first race at 6, The track is real fast and the building has a wood stove and has been pretty warm, come run some laps a class for everyone, thanks Skip