Old 05-25-2009, 08:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

It's half way to where ever u need to go lol
Old 05-25-2009, 11:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Chris K
What's up there Schmitty??? or DeadLastRacing on the other forum?????

I thought you were a sponsored Caster driver????? Selling you sponsored ride????

Somehow that doesn't seem to be what Caster had in mind, was it???/

Do you have a contract???

Does this violate it????

I thought most people who offered sponsorships wanted their proprietary materials returned - so other manufacturers don't see the 'secrets' that you team drivers have on your cars...... You're constantly testing new designs for Caster, right????
So what "IDEA" are you experssing here exactly Mr. Chris K ???? other than you dont understand the Idea of what a Partial Sponsorship is....
Old 05-26-2009, 05:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Chris K, ignore him, he'll go away eventually.
Old 05-26-2009, 05:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Schmitty
the bottom line here Chris is that you overstepped your bounds and were trying to "get me in trouble". As far as Im concerned the fuel that this thread was started for is headed toward......
Not at ALL trying to 'get you in trouble'...... Get you in trouble with WHO??? LOL! I just don't understand the concept of PAYING to be sponsored is all.... And particularly when the overall cost to the racer is not all that much less then the price in a hobby shop - a hobby shop that could be suffering under the current economic climate and that NEEDS your business. Not sure that I'm overstepping bounds by trying to have someone explain to me WHY the concept of PAYING for sponsorship is a good thing when looking at the BIG picture!

So what "IDEA" are you experssing here exactly Mr. Chris K ???? other than you dont understand the Idea of what a Partial Sponsorship is....
I think that you pretty much summed it up Mr. Emilio G!!!! The partiallly sponsored (the guy who PAYS to be able to brag to his fellow racers that he is sponsored) person takes away revenues from the local hobby shops in a couple of different ways - first on the initial purchase of a car that probably isn't carried in that shop and then in the promotion of this 'product' which isn't available locally - so IF any of the locals would happen to be 'impressed' with the on track performance of the car and would want to purchase one - they would be forced to go outside of 'normal' distribution channels and retail outlets. It's a 2 bladed sword that does NOTHING for the local economy and businesses - which in many cases support tracks and our sport!

Picture is a bit bigger here isn't it???
Old 05-26-2009, 06:15 AM
Tech Master

no, you just pointed out you know how many sponsorships work, most of the people i know that have 50% from a company are set up so they still buy product from their local hobby shop, assuming the hobby shop is a dealer for what they are sponsored from, the hobby shop sells it to them at a discount and still makes money off the sale by either getting the product cheaper intially if the order was for the sponsored person or getting a "refund" from the sponsoring company for the drivers purchases. Yes it is a little more work all around but that is how it is done, now there are some people who can only get their discounts from ordering direct from the sponsoring company but I would assume they would still need to buy things like glue and tires and expendables at their hobby shop and if the sponsorship makes racing afforable to them so they can actually go out and race more isn't that still a good thing so there are people to race, and if they are sponsored i would hope that they are helping out the new people to grow the hobby.

Or you could just waste time posting stupid questions online trying to make a track look bad and sticking you nose in everyone elses business.
Old 05-26-2009, 07:57 AM
Tech Master

I think that you pretty much summed it up Mr. Emilio G!!!! The partiallly sponsored (the guy who PAYS to be able to brag to his fellow racers that he is sponsored) person takes away revenues from the local hobby shops in a couple of different ways - first on the initial purchase of a car that probably isn't carried in that shop and then in the promotion of this 'product' which isn't available locally - so IF any of the locals would happen to be 'impressed' with the on track performance of the car and would want to purchase one - they would be forced to go outside of 'normal' distribution channels and retail outlets. It's a 2 bladed sword that does NOTHING for the local economy and businesses - which in many cases support tracks and our sport!

Picture is a bit bigger here isn't it???
So once again....this was nothing personal? You choose him to start your caped crusade against partial sponsorship because you had to start somewhere? If I ran what my local hobby shop had in stock I would be racing nothing but traxxas stuff. Come on dude seriously....Don't give us this all mighty high road crap, it's obvious you were going out of your way to be a dick to this guy.

Here is another guy you can pick on....Andy Moore selling used stuff? He is destroying the hobby. Like I said before there are hundreds of things for sale on these forums listed by sponsored guys. Better get to work the hobby needs saved!

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...arter-box.html

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...ion-100-a.html
Old 05-26-2009, 08:40 AM
Tech Master

Andy Moore lol, I have some of his packs from vegas last year, handed to me by the orion team manager, you want to call them up and them how wrong that was?
Old 05-26-2009, 10:56 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

[QUOTE=Chris K;5859510]Not at ALL trying to 'get you in trouble'...... Get you in trouble with WHO??? LOL! I just don't understand the concept of PAYING to be sponsored is all.... And particularly when the overall cost to the racer is not all that much less then the price in a hobby shop - a hobby shop that could be suffering under the current economic climate and that NEEDS your business. Not sure that I'm overstepping bounds by trying to have someone explain to me WHY the concept of PAYING for sponsorship is a good thing when looking at the BIG picture!

I play paintball and I'm with a team that's sponsored, and we still have to pay for items that we buy, we get a discount, but it's not much. It's pretty much the norm nowadays. And your also on this guy's balls like white on rice. So:
1. Quit being a dick
2. Leave this forum
4. Everyone profits
Old 05-26-2009, 06:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HenBeav
no, you just pointed out you know how many sponsorships work, most of the people i know that have 50% from a company are set up so they still buy product from their local hobby shop, assuming the hobby shop is a dealer for what they are sponsored from, the hobby shop sells it to them at a discount and still makes money off the sale by either getting the product cheaper intially if the order was for the sponsored person or getting a "refund" from the sponsoring company for the drivers purchases. Yes it is a little more work all around but that is how it is done, now there are some people who can only get their discounts from ordering direct from the sponsoring company but I would assume they would still need to buy things like glue and tires and expendables at their hobby shop and if the sponsorship makes racing afforable to them so they can actually go out and race more isn't that still a good thing so there are people to race, and if they are sponsored i would hope that they are helping out the new people to grow the hobby.

Or you could just waste time posting stupid questions online trying to make a track look bad and sticking you nose in everyone elses business
Well Mr. Hen, you've educated me! I never heard of such a thing but if you say it's so then it must BE! I'm NOT sure that you're theory about these 50% people buying glue holds a lot of water but possibly glue is more profitable then I've heard! BUT, I certainly accept your point as something that I've never heard before BUT I don't profess to have heard of EVERYTHING!

So once again....this was nothing personal? You choose him to start your caped crusade against partial sponsorship because you had to start somewhere? If I ran what my local hobby shop had in stock I would be racing nothing but traxxas stuff. Come on dude seriously....Don't give us this all mighty high road crap, it's obvious you were going out of your way to be a dick to this guy.

Here is another guy you can pick on....Andy Moore selling used stuff? He is destroying the hobby. Like I said before there are hundreds of things for sale on these forums listed by sponsored guys. Better get to work the hobby needs saved!

Well Mike, I'm sorry that the shop in Rolla only carries Traxxas - doesn't leave much of a choice for sure BUT have you asked that they carry the products that you need/run/love???

And I'm certainly not assuming the role to save the hobby but I do firmly believe that direct marketing of product to the end user is counterproductive toward supporting a quality infrastructure for the hobby. No hobby shop; no glue or tires!

I play paintball and I'm with a team that's sponsored, and we still have to pay for items that we buy, we get a discount, but it's not much. It's pretty much the norm nowadays. And your also on this guy's balls like white on rice. So:
1. Quit being a dick
2. Leave this forum
4. Everyone profits

AND I'm happy for you that you play paintball; I 'play' r/c cars in the dirt and possibly on the pavement in the near future! BUT, I'm too old for paintball, so as a result I would like to preserve the hobby that I presently have so I don't have to play dominos like the rest of the old people!

I'm not really that I've been being a 'dick' - if pointing out something that makes certain other people uncomfortable - then I guess the lable fits!

I have NO intention of leaving this forum and at that point you list a blank.....

and then the 'out there' statement that 'everyone profits'.....

At any rate, I am sticking to my original position; you folks have NOT convinced me of much of anything other then there are some 'different' forms of sponsorship out there then what I know of - for that I thank Mr. Hen.

Sooooo, next???
Old 05-26-2009, 07:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Chris, this whole thing started when you posted in my fuel thread about my caster buggy trying to imply that I did not have it posted on tech but on heartland assuming that I didnt post it here for fear that caster racing usa or any of its owners/drivers would see it. In your post you came across like I was being "shady" and trying to hide it from someone. Again, I payed for everything I have. At last check I was wrong about the $600, it has been over $800. I am very thankful for the opportunity I was given by Mike Mazza (owner casterracingusa.com) and if financially I was able to continue to race this year I would and would be proud to do so. I think Caster Racing has a bright future and I have always been one for the "underdog".

Again, it was your very 1st post in this thread where you came across as being a "dick" and thats what started all of this.

I hide nothing from my sponsor or team mates.
Old 05-26-2009, 07:11 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 97 (100%+)

As I've said before... DON'T FEED THE TROLLS!

If ya'll ignore Chris K he'll just get bored and go away.

I race with Dave on a weekly basis... The guy wouldn't try anything shady. He's just tired of the hobby and wants to get out.

There's NO wrong doin' on his part... There is nothing stating he can't sell equipment that HE PAID FOR! LOL...

Just posting a reference to anybody lookin' at doing a deal with Dave... He's a good guy.
Old 05-26-2009, 07:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Copied from the other forum:

Caster ZX1.5R

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have it for sale. The car has around 2 1/2 gallons on it. LOTS OF SPARES!!! this will be a roller only, NO MOTOR OR ELECTRONICS. Solid car, just cant really afford to race right now.

$230 shipped via usps. paypal please.
The parts alone are worth the asking price.

here are the pics. just scroll through and look at the buggy pics.
http://s334.photobucket.com/albums/m436/DeadLastRacing/

He evidently didn't need to attempt to sell the buggy on here - OR thought it best not to!

I'm just being helpful!

Sorry it was this post here that started it all.
Old 05-26-2009, 07:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

Chris K,

There are 2 forms of sponsorshipin most sports/hobbies:
1) Full ride- sponsoring company provides all equipment and also pays for race entries, travel expenses etc. Normally reserved for your big name people that have proven winning background
2) Partial sponsorship - sponsoring company offers discounted pricing on equipment and parts etc. Guys that are good on regional or local levels.

This is actually Indirect marketing as the product or service is still going through a dist channel (Horizon, Great Planes, Kyosho America, etc) and then to a local or On Line retailer and ultimately the consumer. Direct marketing is when you market and sell your product directly to consumer, this usually is unsolicited and in the form of email, junk mails, etc.

In either case, the sponsors are trying to attract other consumers by getting their products in the hands of the "fast guys" and in this hobby, everyone likes to mimic the fast guys so if they use XYZ motor and win races, consumers will associate XYZ motor with being a race winning motor and they will buy one. I don't see how this is diminishing the hobby but instead growing it! THis is a marketing technique used in many other industries and has proven success. Either way, the fuel on this thread is sold and its time for everyone to shake hands and move on!
Old 05-26-2009, 09:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Chris, no one is too old to get shot in the ass by a paintball gun.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.