Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Kansas/Missouri Racing
SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT - HEART OF AMERICA SERIES OPENING EVENT >

SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT - HEART OF AMERICA SERIES OPENING EVENT

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT - HEART OF AMERICA SERIES OPENING EVENT

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2009, 05:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

WOW - whatta' ending to the weekend!!!!

Just when we thought that the wind couldn't blow any harder; it did!! Fencing was an early victim and the rest of us dropped one at a time!

But, the envent went off without a hitch through the hard work and efforts of everyone involved! IF we thought there were a lot of people watching the races on Saturday, it was NOTHING compared to Sunday. AND, the crowd was attentive, knew what was going on and unquestionably reacted to events on the track.

Shane Schmidt did an excellent job of announcing and keeping the event on schedule!!!!!

I'm not sure if there has ever been a crowd this large viewing our hobby EVER before - wish there was some way to have counted!

I'll have pictures for Chuck & Mark for the respective web sites and I'll link into my Smugmug site with a bunch more! BUT, this all takes time and this week is going to be a BUSY one for me so everyone please be patient!

Last edited by Chris K; 04-28-2009 at 04:22 AM.
Old 04-27-2009, 08:07 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default thanks

i want to thank everyone that helped with the H.O.A. at kansas speedway this weekend the staff at Fast Lane Raceway really appreciates the efforts of all of you that donated your time and energy in painting and sawing boards and set up and take down the track. it couldn't have been done without your help. not everything was perfect, but we ran out of time (and energy) or it would have been. any suggestions that you have that could make it better would be appreciated. next time that you see big chuck let him know if you appreciated the race since the idea and a lot of the work was done by him. a few of you know how much work he put in but i can tell you that it was a whole lot more than most of you know thanks chuck !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-27-2009, 09:01 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

did someone also have an insane E Revo? wanting to find some info about how he got his rolling that fast.
Old 04-27-2009, 09:55 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default HOA

Thanks to Chuck & those involved for getting this put together and pulling it off. It was pretty awesome to see spectators 2 & 3 deep around the track. I can't tell you how many people we talked to either, some of which expressed genuine interest in the hobby. I would think that the Speedway would conclude that there is a win-win situation here for them as well.
Old 04-28-2009, 08:18 AM
Tech Master

Default THANKS FROM FASTLANE

WOW! Where do I start? What an insane weekend!

First, I hope all the racers had a great time. Sorry for the glitch with the speakers for the last 2 A Mains. Would have thought that with 3 amps and 5 speakers we could have kept some part of the PA system up and running but it didn't work out that way. I really appreciate the turnout in spite of the threatening weather and the cooperation from all the racers throughout the weekend. THANKS for coming out to play with us.

Then, how 'bout those spectators! It was great to see the crowds lining the track for every event and they were in to it! Oohs, gasps, and cheers at all the action on the track. You know we were drawing folks when the Speedway put up a refreshment cart near the track on Sunday when they saw the crowds on Saturday. I understand the races were even mentioned on some of the local radio stations broadcasting from the Speedway.

Next, congratulations to the class winners. I've got to confess I'm so fried I'm not sure who won each of the classes. I'll get the results from Scott and then get them posted.

I also want to thank Horizon Hobby and Castle Creations for their support for our "try R/C racing for yourself" oval track. Without their support we couldn't have managed to build and prepare 8 Losi Mini Late Models with Castle brushless systems for spectators to try R/C racing for themselves. Although the wind made it impossible on Sunday, over 100 folks got to try R/C racing for themselves on Saturday through this event. And they had a ball!

Finally, thanks to those who helped prepare for, set up and tear down the track. If you haven't done something like this before, you've got no idea how much work it is. It's impossible for one guy to do and takes a lot of help from folks both visible and those behind the scenes. I especially want to thank Arlynn Simon for all his hard work. Without his help and gentle prodding to keep moving this wouldn't have happened. Thanks also to Jim Hulse for a full day of painting and then set up and tear down help. Also to Larry Harnett and Tim Kristl for help with set up or tear down. Thanks also to Scott Simon for his setup / teardown help and for keeping Fastlane going while Arlynn and I did prep work for the weekend. To my son Chuck for helping with setup and getting the Mini Late Models ready so we could let spectators try some R/C oval racing on Saturday. Thanks to Shane Schmidt for his announing all weekend. Great job keeping everything on schedule. If I've missed someone I apologize and claim temporary insanity as my defense. You know I'm crazy because I'm already planning to do it again next year!

Last edited by BIGCHUCK; 04-28-2009 at 08:32 AM.