St. Louis Dirt Burners

Old 05-03-2015, 07:04 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default membership

Ok great!!! Racing is every Saturday starting at 1:00 weather permitting with make ups on Tuesdays? Will there be a short course class? My Son is 6 and is still learning.
Old 05-04-2015, 10:44 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Yes there is a Short Course class if enough people show up to run it
Old 05-11-2015, 07:28 PM
Tech Apprentice

FYI to Hobbywing users: an ESC and program box firmware update was posted yesterday! Supposed to fix the early lipo cutoff issue and some other enhancements.
Old 05-11-2015, 07:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 60 (98%+)

Originally Posted by Tampagoalie
FYI to Hobbywing users: an ESC and program box firmware update was posted yesterday! Supposed to fix the early lipo cutoff issue and some other enhancements.
Thank u
Old 05-11-2015, 08:41 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Tampagoalie
Yes sir. I ran the firmware a couple weekends ago and it was a definite improvement, even though they were still fine tuning and fixing a few programming errors.

The increase in runtime and efficiency is useful if you're using older or lower quality batteries. And no more issues with the LVC activating at weird times when you're mashing the throttle. Try it out!
Old 05-12-2015, 07:15 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

does anyone know if its dry enough to race tonight?
Old 05-12-2015, 10:39 AM
Tech Initiate

I went by the track after work yesterday & there are big puddles everywhere, unless someone pumped it last night, I doubt its raceable... The area in front of the double into the triple is the worst spot, it needs a few buckets of dirt ( or a bunch of wheel barrels) it's definitely the lowest spot, no where for water to drain even if trenched.
Old 05-15-2015, 10:31 AM
Tech Regular

I'm not sure of the condition of the track at the moment, but I'd be willing to do anything possible to get a night race in on Tuesday or at least be able to practice this week. If anybody has a pump and would let me borrow it, I'll do my best to get the track dry as well as smooth the surface out a little and fix the jumps a little. Just let me know!

I know a lot of you guys have almost zero time between jobs, family, etc. Especially since this is a volunteer ran track, It's amazing in my mind that we have what we do. Since I will not be working until early June, I'd like to use my time to make our local track the best it can be. When people are selling their stuff because of the track conditions and how the races are ran, something needs to be changed. Let's all help make DB as well attended (or more) as it has been in the past!
Old 05-16-2015, 09:43 AM
Tech Regular

Well said Carter. Lets race Tuesday or Wednesday!
Old 05-16-2015, 03:42 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Carter Flotron
I'm not sure of the condition of the track at the moment, but I'd be willing to do anything possible to get a night race in on Tuesday or at least be able to practice this week. If anybody has a pump and would let me borrow it, I'll do my best to get the track dry as well as smooth the surface out a little and fix the jumps a little. Just let me know!

I know a lot of you guys have almost zero time between jobs, family, etc. Especially since this is a volunteer ran track, It's amazing in my mind that we have what we do. Since I will not be working until early June, I'd like to use my time to make our local track the best it can be. When people are selling their stuff because of the track conditions and how the races are ran, something needs to be changed. Let's all help make DB as well attended (or more) as it has been in the past!
Carter your help would be welcomed you are right most work full time and have family's and like me work a second job but we still find time to help out. You don't really need a pump to get water off track a broom works just fine. I just spent 2 hours down there draining the wettest spot before triple. As you walk out of the wet spot drag the broom and you fix the foot prints on your way out. It really just takes a lot of time to,get track ready and help,is always nice. Just Fyi if someone else works on the track it could be ready to,race by Tuesday however if nobody goes down there or it rains a lot more it might not be. Someone tried to dig a ditch at the end of the straight to drain that spot and made more of a mess then help so whoever did that we do not need that kinda help. Thanks for the help maybe you can round up some help and get the track in good shape.
Old 05-16-2015, 10:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 60 (98%+)

Very appreciated Carter
Old 05-17-2015, 08:28 AM
Tech Regular

Default Track drying

I am looking for a few people to help me drain the track today around 4 suppose to rain again before that. For those who want to race on Tuesday night maybe a few can show up otherwise track might not be ready. Also could use some help weed eating and just general clean up. Thanks
Old 05-17-2015, 05:48 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by keidel
I am looking for a few people to help me drain the track today around 4 suppose to rain again before that. For those who want to race on Tuesday night maybe a few can show up otherwise track might not be ready. Also could use some help weed eating and just general clean up. Thanks
A big thanks to former basher Danny Nesser who helped drain the track today. I got a few of the larger puddles smaller then he took over while I weed eated for a couple hours. I say former basher because he raced once so now he is a racer that helps with the track which he has done many times. Please thank him when you see him at the track he has same hair style as me. Look for the club to make official call about Tuesday night make up race.
Old 05-18-2015, 08:33 AM
Tech Fanatic

IM N
Old 05-18-2015, 10:34 AM
Tech Fanatic

I can't race Tuesday. My daughter has High School graduation at 7pm. Wednesday night I have to work. But if Mike Marshall wants to run them he can. I can meet him but I have to be at work Wednesday by 430.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.