Community
Wiki Posts
Search

St. Louis Dirt Burners

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2014, 12:00 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Mike Marshall
good right now. sunny with a breeze, it's not supposed to rain until later.

Classes we have had so far this year

10th scale run what ya brung
1/8 Nitro Buggy and Sportsman Buggy
1/8 Nitro and Electric Truggy
1/8 E-buggy and Sportsman Ebuggy

Last week we combined the sportsman and pro classes, this allowed us to fill the heats and shorten the race program considerably.
Old 04-24-2014, 03:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mike Marshall
good right now. sunny with a breeze, it's not supposed to rain until later.

Classes we have had so far this year

10th scale run what ya brung
1/8 Nitro Buggy and Sportsman Buggy
1/8 Nitro and Electric Truggy
1/8 E-buggy and Sportsman Ebuggy

Last week we combined the sportsman and pro classes, this allowed us to fill the heats and shorten the race program considerably.
Mike I had no problem running with the big dogs! I didn't get down into the 26's but I did tick off a few 30's. Little more wheel time and I'll get into the 29's.

Originally Posted by Trevor Williams
Think im gonna pass on practice today and stop by on Sunday afternoon on my way home....next time I can race is like May 10.....then after the 17th im off for 4 weeks.

Mike I need to make a tire order as I plan on getting a lot of wheel time in that 4 week period.
I need some tires too mike. Lemme know when ur gonna make the order.
Old 04-24-2014, 06:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 60 (98%+)

We got some rain at the track...we will be fine to race but don't know how it will look in the morning to pull tubes to rebuild
Old 04-24-2014, 11:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

So what is the St Louis Dirtburners Series Round 1 that is supposed to start this weekend?

http://events.rcsignup.com/events/di...t.cfm?ID=3839#

Also about series races. Is it for sure that the Futaba race will be part of the US Pro Cup series this year? Have not been able to find much info about this series, the dirt website is down, but didn't have anything on there last time I checked. Is this confirmed yet?
Old 04-25-2014, 03:40 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcmania74
We got some rain at the track...we will be fine to race but don't know how it will look in the morning to pull tubes to rebuild
I am sure it will be dry enough by this afternoon maybe they could just change a few spots. ??

Last edited by keidel; 04-25-2014 at 04:56 AM.
Old 04-25-2014, 03:43 AM
Tech Master

From the DB facebook page..Xray and AKA are two of the first sponsors for our point series starting next Saturday April 26th. Xray is putting up some big prizes for the winners at the end of the series and AKA is giving prizes for each race starting next week! We are working on more sponsors and will keep you posted. Hope to see everyone come out! Pass the word in the racing community and let's make this a fun series!

Lunch will be provided as well as a few other prizes.

Guys if you come see me at the track I usually have a couple of bins of tires at the track for sale. Right now if you guys are looking to get AKA tires join the club. Even the team drivers are having trouble getting anything.

We are just waiting for final conformation on the US series racing combing with the Futaba race. There is several stars that have to line up just right. So far it looks good, but there is no definite announcement at this time.

Last edited by Mike Marshall; 04-25-2014 at 03:59 AM.
Old 04-25-2014, 06:40 AM
Tech Elite

Josh told me Wednesday he was waiting to hear from joey that day... I will ask him if he has heard more today... we need to get it announced if so so the people that have already signed up for the futaba race can be warned it's extended a day and make a decision if they can still come
Old 04-25-2014, 07:51 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 208 (100%+)

Josh told me Wednesday he was waiting to hear from joey that day... I will ask him if he has heard more today... we need to get it announced if so so the people that have already signed up for the futaba race can be warned it's extended a day and make a decision if they can still come
Yeah if the Futaba race does become part the UsPro Cup tour and goes to the big race schedule with limited practice. Then open practice is gone for Friday and most likely no open practice at all. 2 rounds of controlled practice then 3 qualifiers. Not much track time for someone running 1 class. Hopefully the price isn't raised just because of this. The series is for the pro driver and not any other class that wins money at the end of the series.
Old 04-25-2014, 09:35 AM
Tech Regular

R u in charge of the track crew this year?
Old 04-25-2014, 10:56 AM
Tech Fanatic

Thabks for the update. Hope I can make it out Saturday. Will definitely need some tires.
Old 04-25-2014, 12:45 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by dodgeguy
Yeah if the Futaba race does become part the UsPro Cup tour and goes to the big race schedule with limited practice. Then open practice is gone for Friday and most likely no open practice at all. 2 rounds of controlled practice then 3 qualifiers. Not much track time for someone running 1 class. Hopefully the price isn't raised just because of this. The series is for the pro driver and not any other class that wins money at the end of the series.
Kevin it would add Thursday and that would be an open practice day
Old 04-25-2014, 12:46 PM
Tech Elite

Tubes are pulled and wheeler is on the way with the bobcat
Old 04-25-2014, 01:11 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 208 (100%+)

Tubes are pulled and wheeler is on the way with the bobcat
Why would there need to be a track rebuild at all? Especially at Friday afternoon when we are to race tomorrow. I know last year there was a last minute rebuild like this and the track was terrible with a bunch of dirt clods in the rebuilt section. The layout seems fun and flowing as it is.

I do hope the UsPro series does not come to DB if it is going to add a day to the program. I think one reason the Futaba race is a regional seccess are the days are only 3 day and the price is ok with good racing and a bunch of great raffle give always. All the othe UsPro series races are $70 or more for each class with no discounts for multiple classes.
Old 04-25-2014, 02:04 PM
Tech Elite

I personally think this is awesome. There arent really any really large events in our area during the outdoor season. I dont see this as bad for DB at all no matter the consequences. If anything it will gain interest for our track.

Cant wait for the point series!
Old 04-25-2014, 02:44 PM
Tech Master

It's not a full rebuild they are just going to change a few things. We ran that layout from the end of July last year unchanged until this week. It was time. We are doing what we can during the week so we don't miss any Saturdays. This was a huge problem for us last year. Cancel one week for rebuild, then it rained the next 3 weekends in a row and everyone is upset they haven't raced in a month.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.