Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Kansas/Missouri Racing
Manhattan Kansas area Racers and Bashers! >

Manhattan Kansas area Racers and Bashers!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree8Likes

Manhattan Kansas area Racers and Bashers!

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2017, 09:12 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by mjackman
Have not been on here in a long time but wanted to stop in and see if anyone was still around. Looks like everyone is reminiscing about the parking lot "races". Crazy to see how there are now buildings covering the old area.

I got out my electrics today with this nice weather, now the bug has hit and I am getting new batteries to get back to bashing. If anyone is still around and wants to try and get some weekend get togethers going I would be more than happy to join.
Just finally got our cars this week. New Traxxas Slash VXL and Losi Rock Rey. Have been looking everywhere to try to find active enthusiasts in the area. Hope there are others still around as well. Maybe we can get a few of us together sometime.
Attached Thumbnails Manhattan Kansas area Racers and Bashers!-resized_20170306_000438.jpg   Manhattan Kansas area Racers and Bashers!-resized_20170305_231820.jpeg  

Last edited by Kathy08; 03-05-2017 at 10:59 PM.
Old 03-08-2017, 04:38 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Location: Lost in the Dead Space between my Ears Somewhere around Wamego, KS (OZ Land)
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kathy08
Just finally got our cars this week. New Traxxas Slash VXL and Losi Rock Rey. Have been looking everywhere to try to find active enthusiasts in the area. Hope there are others still around as well. Maybe we can get a few of us together sometime.
Life is out there!!!!
Kathy08 likes this.
Old 03-08-2017, 09:29 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by JPMSRacing
Life is out there!!!!
We were beginning to believe that it no longer existed. Lol
JPMSRacing likes this.
Old 03-09-2017, 11:48 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I was at city park a few days ago with a traxxas stampede and had a stranger's kid chasing my truck around as if it was the coolest thing. I think I might have convinced the dad to try out the hobby just by running his kids to exhaustion
Old 03-10-2017, 12:16 AM
Tech Initiate

I was at city park a few days ago with a traxxas stampede and had a stranger's kid chasing my truck around as if it was the coolest thing. I think I might have convinced the dad to try out the hobby just by running his kids to exhaustion
Nice! It's good to hear that there are atleast a few others around still. Just took a friend up and got a slash 2wd vxl. I also picked up an Axial SCX10 II kit to keep me occupied when im not messing around with the Slash and Rock Rey. We are going to check out some areas around town this weekend that some people have suggested. If anyone wants to meet up sometime and talk shop or go bashing I think it'd be nice to get a few of us together.
Old 03-27-2017, 11:23 AM
Tech Adept

Default New Toy

Well I found a company I've never heard of before called Arrma and decided to check out their 1/8th scale stuff. Bought a Nero and got it out today for some puddle jumping. Once this weather clears up I hope to get out for some crazy bashing.
Old 03-29-2017, 08:50 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Location: Lost in the Dead Space between my Ears Somewhere around Wamego, KS (OZ Land)

Life!!! I destroyed my track after Cattown opened the indoor track, and now that is Briggs. Still have my driver stand out here. I may need to rebuild the old dirt track.
Old 03-30-2017, 08:14 PM
Tech Adept

Indeed life does exist here! I got the opportunity to run at your track once JP, it was really cool to see someone have something like that in their side yard lol. Unfortunately I will be moving to Kansas City in 2 months for a new job so I wont be around to see how the life on here grows Hopefully the spring/summer will bring everyone out from hiding.
Old 03-31-2017, 05:26 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

If I could sell most of my RC stuff, I would get a rock crawler and built an awesome trail course. All I want to keep is my short course trucks. But I have been unsuccessful with that so far.
Old 03-31-2017, 09:27 AM
Tech Initiate

Well, we have found the area on linear trail behind the police station. Great for bashing with alot of jumps and ramps. There is four of us that get together most nights and bash or fix what we broke last time. Lol. Im still working on my SCX10 II but we have our slash and rock rey. Recently got our carpet buggy together to try out the track at Ultraline in Topeka. The other guys have a slash and rustler. I'd like to get my phantom pro 3 4k updated to get some video if this weather would clear up.
Old 04-03-2017, 06:25 PM
Tech Adept

Kathy where do you park at and enter the trail to find the place you bash at? I went over by the old cat town hobbies building and went towards the police station but it was flooded and the trail was closed so I didn't find much as I had to turn back.
Old 04-05-2017, 10:15 AM
Tech Initiate

Kathy where do you park at and enter the trail to find the place you bash at? I went over by the old cat town hobbies building and went towards the police station but it was flooded and the trail was closed so I didn't find much as I had to turn back.
Behind the Four Point Sheraton. We have been waiting for the weather to clear up to venture down there.
Attached Thumbnails Manhattan Kansas area Racers and Bashers!-resized_screenshot_20170405-121157.jpg  
Old 04-05-2017, 04:31 PM
Tech Adept

Awesome thank you for the map pic too! I will definitely have to try that place out when the weather clears up.
Kathy08 likes this.
Old 04-06-2017, 05:29 AM
Tech Initiate

Awesome thank you for the map pic too! I will definitely have to try that place out when the weather clears up.
We are hoping to get down there this weekend. Fingers crossed that the weather clears up long enough to dry it out.
Old 04-07-2017, 01:50 PM
Tech Initiate

Tried again yesterday and it was still flooded. We are going to try another path today and will update if its a viable option.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.