Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hobbytown OP Racing RETURNS!

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2003, 11:29 AM
Tech Addict

Yea no doubt, just asking a simple question on why someone did not like something and boom!
Kansas- We dont have to race 1/5 scale at Fastlane.But yes the track is big enough to race them there.
Old 06-03-2003, 12:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally posted by porter
Dang, I think you struck a nerve Gary. Anyone around here ever hear of just joking around, you KC guys get to serious somtimes. Rememder this is just a hobby with hopped up toy cars who give a s@%t if one car looks like another.
Yeah,you got that right......its why I like racing Topeka and Porter,I don't have toy cars...I got RACE cars!!!!

Civic: Yeah,I plan on making it out to OP for some FUN racing.

Timmy: sorry that I upset you so badly but most people on this board know that I was just kidding around....btw,Xray's dont use a caster link in the front with their c-hub setup therefor it would be more like a fancy well built HPI car don't you think??Xpress never did pivot ball suspension either.

Last edited by Lowrance; 06-03-2003 at 01:09 PM.
Old 06-03-2003, 02:32 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Cool ob la di ob la da life goes on la la how the life goes on.

( Good Song )
Old 06-03-2003, 06:22 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Hmm how bout some HT OP racing talk

onefast- Long time no see...Lool at this

2fast-

Erock- I seem to remember a little phrase always mentioned by you about nitro......i think it went like this " gas is the Devil ". Seems like times have changed
Old 06-03-2003, 07:05 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 108 (100%+)

Got all the wood for the drivers stand....also got the Laptop, PA System and printer covered.....I will need a copy of Autoscore though...Anyone???? Otherwise everything is online. 19 Days....we'll be ready!!!!
Old 06-03-2003, 07:07 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Lowrance: Yokobrokes huh!?! You weren't saying that while you were eyeing my car out at Mikes!

Oh, you know I'm going to be after you and the XRay this weekend for that comment!

That T1R is pretty sweet!.....But its goin' down!

Good to hear you'll come out to OP with us. FUN racing is a perfect discription of what were hoping for. If we can get that same type of atmosphere as we have out at Mike's on Saturday nights, then that would be great.

See you and Porter Saturday...
Old 06-03-2003, 07:07 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

gospeed- Spend money all winter.... work all summer. Can you say pain? Have not had time for anything but labor and the family. Would really rather be there. lool
Old 06-03-2003, 08:36 PM
Tech Master

Just wondering if you all plan on running on-road and oval both on the same day and what time in the morning do you all plan on starting?
Old 06-04-2003, 05:01 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 108 (100%+)

Uhhh, oval is not in the plan at the moment. Only if there is a big call for it which I doubt. But weere open to what the masses want. We plan on starting practice between 8:30-9, and starting races at 10 sharp!
Old 06-04-2003, 06:22 AM
Tech Elite

Gospeed, I am not close minded that I can't change my mind. Actually, I just leard how to tune an engine!!

Yeah, I will say that drivers here in KC take alot of things to heart way to much. I really don't know what else to say about that. You have people who harp about needing a good asphalt track and a dirt/carpet indoor and a large outdoor dirt and a indoor dirt track and bla bla bla. Oh, wait, we have all that, and still not be happy, and don't show up to race anyway. You also have the guys that want big trophy races here in KC, and when we have them, they don't show up to them for some reason or another?

I think all of the local track owners/race directors in the Metro area do a great job, Mikes too. We need to get out and race each other, help each other, have fun with each other, learn from each other and most of all have as much fun with our "toy cars" as we can before we die because we can't take them with us!!

I have a Mugen car that I think is cool, I am going to play with it as much as I can, and nobody or nothing is going to stop me!! Well, maybe a tornado might.
Old 06-04-2003, 07:29 AM
Tech Addict

Wonder what the odds are on getting hit by a tornado twice?
Old 06-04-2003, 10:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

I figured the toy cars thing might raise a few eye brows.

Darkseid yok is being put together, I think I'm going to like this car better than the AE. going to have to come up with a new paint job though.

I'll try and make a few OP races, wife is kinda holding me down after the Tulsa race.
Old 06-04-2003, 11:32 AM
Tech Regular

Charlie,
I forgot to get the gear from you Sunday. The front one-way gear. I will just get it when I see you next. Not going to be running electric car for a while. Unless its indoor, on a rain day.
Old 06-04-2003, 12:16 PM
Tech Elite

Porter, you are right, they are 'toy cars'. They just happen to cost alot of money. I think people just need to have fun with them.
Old 06-04-2003, 01:39 PM
Tech Master

Ok,fine then....you all bring your "toy" cars to the track....I'll bring "RACE" cars myself.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.