R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Kansas/Missouri Racing (https://www.rctech.net/forum/kansas-missouri-racing-56/)
-   -   SmacTrac...St.Louis Indoor Off Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/kansas-missouri-racing/186601-smactrac-st-louis-indoor-off-road.html)

smac 10-17-2007 06:00 PM

SmacTrac...St.Louis Indoor Off Road

SmacTracIndoor electric off road

Final arrangements are still being made, but indoor off road is returing to St. Louis for the '07-'08 Winter season. It will be in St. Charles less than 1 mile from the on road track. Racing will be on Saturday evenings with an open practice night that will most likely be on Thursday nights. On practice nights the computer will be set up in practice mode and left that way all night. Personal transponders should be used because there are only a few house transponders and they are not available on practice nights.

Address:
3010 North Highway 94
St. Charles, Mo 63301
Make sure that your GPS does not take you to South Hwy 94 between Hwy 70 and Hwy 40
It is about 1/2 mile north of Hwy 370 in the corner of the strip mall behind the Mobil gas station.

I will keep updates on here
Scott McDonald (smac)
636-856-4515 new number starting 11/28/13
Leave message because I am not always available to answer this line. I will return your call as soon as possible.

This is an edit to this post to give racing info for weekly events at SmacTrac

IMPORTANT UPDATE

The Saturday January 31st club race will be moved up to Friday January 30th to allow an extra day for the track rebuild for the JC race.

There will only be 2 rounds of qualifying. Practice will start at 5 and racing will start at 7.

Then the track will be closed until Friday February 6th for the start of the JC Winter Indoor Nationals

Current Winter Schedule

Tuesday and Thursday Practice
4:30pm...Doors
5:00pm-10:00pm...Practice...$5 entry

Saturday Racing
8:00am...Doors open
8:30am - 11:30am...Practice
Noon...1st round begins
$15 entry for first class
$5 entry for each additional class
3 Rounds of qualifying with bump ups into the mains

Classes offered:(All classes are 1/10th scale, unless otherwise noted)

Off Road
Novice-novice racers only -$5 entry -2 rounds of qualifying and then mains
Stock SC-17.5 motor -No Boost or timing advance in speedo
Sportsman SC-ability level restrictions with mod class rules
Modified SC
Modified 4wd SC
Stock Truck-17.5 motor -No Boost or timing advance in speedo
Modified Truck
Stock 2wd Buggy-17.5 motor -No Boost or timing advance in speedo
Sportsman 2wd-ability level restrictions with mod class rules
Modified 2wd Buggy
Sportsman 4wd Buggy-ability level restrictions with mod class rules
Modified 4wd Buggy
1/8th Sportsman Buggy-electric only-ability level restrictions
1/8th Buggy-electric only

Host of:

-2014 J Concepts Winter Indoor Nationals - Feb 7-9

-Round 1 of 2013 WCIS -Complete

-2012/2013 Winter SmacDown -Complete

-2013 JConcepts Winter Indoor Nationals -Complete

-2012 ROAR Region 8 Championship -Complete

-Round 1 of 2012 WCIS -Complete

-2012 JConcepts Winter Indoor Nationals -Complete

-2011 Winter SmacDown -Complete

-2011 JConcepts Winter Indoor Nationals -Complete

-2010 ROAR Region 8 Championships -Complete

-2010 JConcepts Winter Indoor Nationals -Complete

-2009 ROAR Region 8 Championships -Complete

dodgeguy 10-17-2007 07:59 PM

This is great, now that I am moving to te area some indoor dirt action.

smac 10-18-2007 03:54 PM

We have decided to keep the "Evolution Raceway" name strickly for the
on-road track and come up with a new name for the off road track.
Knowing most of you, I know that I am going to regret this, but here we
go...
...I am looking for suggestions for the new track name, so post your
suggestions on here!

X God 10-18-2007 04:43 PM

HORSE PALACE -II

goat27 10-18-2007 04:55 PM

will there be that big of a turn out for sat. night racing ,instead of friday night?

smac 10-18-2007 06:16 PM

5 Attachment(s)
I have been getting the impression that Saturday was a better night for most. Besides, I would have a difficult time getting there early enough to prep the track and set things up propperly without running my but off. My plan is to try to have a little time to relax and have some fun for me too.

X God 10-18-2007 07:12 PM

Clean that load up !!!! :lol:

buckracer 10-18-2007 08:13 PM

saturday nights sound cool, i think it might be better than friday night because we were having to bust our a** to get up there just in time for the races to start week in and week out and that gets old after awhile. yet it will take away from our saturday night ,thats something i could mange every now and then ,im thankful someone found a track we can race at regulary and not have to caravan 3-5 hrs every week . it sure beats puttin our stuff up until a big race comes around .

dodgeguy 10-18-2007 08:20 PM

Nice looking mid conversion.

theDover 10-18-2007 08:40 PM

smac- How's that mid-conversion worked out for you? Just checking out those pics....cool job! :cool:

smac 10-19-2007 03:57 PM

I only really got to run it once last season and I alternated practice runs with my B4 watching lap times. I did not change my set up from the way that I ran it as a rear engine, but it was considerably faster than the B4. The problem was that the track was wet in practice and the car got harder to hang on to as the night went on. By the end of the night the track was pretty dry and I could not get it to come out of the corners without it coming around on me.

I have a sway bar on the front now and I made some other changes to try so I think that it will be better now. If nothing else I know that it is very good on a wet track or possibly a high bite clay track. I am also making a new chassis for it so I can run saddle packs instead of stacking the 6th cell on top since I already run saddle packs in my XX4.

Racer40 10-30-2007 04:19 PM

Location of Indoor Track

My son and I are looking to race on a indoor dirt track. I here ther may be one in the St. Charles area. Can you tell me where it is and when the racing may start? Do we need to bring our own pit table or not? We race T4's with brushless motors and Lipo batteries. Will there be a class for this? Thanks

smac 10-30-2007 08:33 PM

The track will be at Hwy 370 and Hwy 94 (3rd St.)Brushless motors will need to be raced in the modified class unless there are enough vehicles to run a Super Stock class with 13.5 brushless motors.I am working on preparing the building right now and I would like to start racing in the middle to late November. Friday night practice and Saturday night races.

dodgeguy 10-31-2007 03:55 PM

What do you expect the track size to be? I would like to run mod truck or 4wd mod.

smac 10-31-2007 08:15 PM

The layout will be 80'X45'
It sounds like mod 4wd will be a large class!