Wiki Posts
Search

Checkered Flag Raceway Update

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2006, 05:46 PM
Tech Adept

Default Checkered Flag Raceway Update

Hi All,
We just got the word that someone has started a rumor that we are not running this season. We want to inform you that WE ARE RUNNING THIS SEASON. We don't know why someone would want to start a rumor like this but I guess they have there reasons. Our season gets started in 2 weeks on April 23rd with our Open Practice and RC Swap Meet. The track will be open from 9am - 5pm. Also on this day we will have the BEAST modified simulator. The beast is a full size modified race car. You won't see another simulator like it anywhere. So come on out and see if you can tame the Beast. We want to thank Jerry and Holly Spiess from Comp-U-Sew for bringing the Beast out. They are donating all the proceeds to the Kansas Dirt Slingers RC Club. Our first race of the season is April 30th and don't forget about the 3rd Annual Kansas Dirt Oval Championship on August 5th. The full race schedule and all class info can be found at our website www.cfrkc.com
I also want to give you a update of the sponsors that have donated prizes for this season. Please support them when you can.
Castle Creations
Associated Electronics
Team Losi
RC Driver
Hobbytown North
RC Zone Central
Eagle Racing Team
Mills Trophies and More
Hitec
McAllister
Heartland RC
Kipps Hobbies
Slick Zero
Ultraline Motorsports
Diggity Designs
Fullforce RC
Tempgun
T Bone Racing
Boca Bearings
MIP
Boom Boom Batteries
Comp-U-Sew
Pro Match Batteries
Micro Fasteners

We are looking forward to a great season at Checkered Flag Raceway and are looking forward to seeing you all again.
Remember our track motto:
Checkered Flag Raceway
"WHERE WE LIKE PLAYING IN THE DIRT
"

Tim and Donna McDowell
Old 04-10-2006, 06:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Sounds great i will be up there for your season opener
Old 04-10-2006, 07:20 PM

Default rumor

never heard that one hum.
Old 04-10-2006, 08:53 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Any idea how long the average race day lasts? I havent been racing in over a decade and never raced at an outdoor track. What kind of things do I need to bring? Im assuming that Ill need my d/c adapter for my charger, my own shade and chair, and a table/workbench/tailgate. Am I missing anything?
Old 04-11-2006, 08:01 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rivbluenoma
Any idea how long the average race day lasts? I havent been racing in over a decade and never raced at an outdoor track. What kind of things do I need to bring? Im assuming that Ill need my d/c adapter for my charger, my own shade and chair, and a table/workbench/tailgate. Am I missing anything?
your car. maby some bugg spray thay can be a pain in the rear later on. as far as time
The track opens at 9:00AM, signup will close at 10:30AM and racing will start at 11:00.

most of the time we are done at around 5 or 6 .
Old 04-11-2006, 05:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

plan on being at the track from 10am to 5 or 6pm. Try and travel light charge batteries at home and have enough motors cut and ready to go unless something happens to one. Pretty much if something major breaks on the car i fix it at home just easier and funner. Run as many classes as you have batteries for but remember its going to be 90 plus somedays so I'm still decididing if i'll run my 3800/4200's on those days. Pretty much the more you have set up and done before you get to the track the better and the better day you'll have its kind of hard to work on stuff outside especiallly when its hot.
Old 04-11-2006, 06:54 PM
Tech Regular

Ok, thanks guys. Wheres everyone buying side dams for their 4wd latemodels? Ive checked both of the hobby towns out here and they both gave me the "huh??" blank stare.
Old 04-11-2006, 07:04 PM
Tech Adept

You can use a replacement sheild for a grinding helmet. Thats what I run on my modified.
Old 04-11-2006, 07:15 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default SIDE DAMS

I CAN MAKE YOU ONE THEY ARE $3.00 PLUS SHIPPING JUST LET ME KNOW THE SIZE.
Old 04-12-2006, 07:15 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Ok, thanks guys. Wheres everyone buying side dams for their 4wd latemodels? Ive checked both of the hobby towns out here and they both gave me the "huh??" blank stare.
That shouldnt have happened. Both stores normally stock par10415 .030 lexan sheet. Sorry both stores are sold out right now.
Old 04-12-2006, 07:20 AM
Tech Initiate

We have parma lexan sheets hanging on our wall for all to purchase, all the time they make great sidedam material.

Hobbytown Usa
Overland Park, KS
Old 04-12-2006, 08:20 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

the lexan i saw at hobby town is a 6x6 sheat. most side dams are 12 to 15 in. long.
Old 04-12-2006, 08:46 AM
Tech Initiate

The sheets we have are Parma lexan and they are 8 x9 inches. Custom works make some that are longer but we are out at the moment might try plastic sales downtown KC for larger sheets of lexan.
Old 04-13-2006, 07:46 PM
Tech Regular

Ok, Ill try and locate some replacement grinding helmet shields. Im assuming the side dams attach to the body with nylon nuts and bolts? Dont mind the noob.

Oh and I should ad a correction. I only had that issue at one of the hobby town stores. The other one on metcalf has a woman named Sharon, Cheryl, something like that ( sorry im terrible with names), she is always ready to jump into a catalog to look up a part that I need, willing to jump online to find info on something, she is always good to deal with and is ready to help me find what I need.
Old 04-16-2006, 05:48 PM
Tech Adept

Hi All,
We have a couple of things we wanted to let you all know about as we prepare for the upcoming season. First off we would like to welcome Venom Racing Products as a sponsor again for this year. They were a big help to us last season and we are glad to have them back.
Now for the big news. Donna finally gets a break as we will be scoring the races this season with a AMB 20 system we were able to purchase. We hope everyone is looking forward to this season. We know we are. We would like to thank Bill Hartpence, Kris Woodard and Gary Offut for there help and hard work in preparing for the season. We hope to see all of you this Sunday April 23rd for our Open Practice and RC Swap Meet from 9 - 5. You will be able to get your 2006 Club Memberships on this day. Don't forget THE BEAST Modified Simulator will be here also, so we can see who can tame the BEAST. Once again we hope to see you Sunday.

Tim and Donna McDowell

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.