Wiki Posts
Search

Evolution Raceway

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2008, 05:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KevinFlys
Massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG) is a WoW Gold genre of online computer role-playing games (CRPGs) in and which a large number of players interact with one another in a virtual world. As in all RPGs, So please try WoW Powerleveling and players assume the role of a fictional character not Runescape Powerleveling and (most commonly in a fantasy world),and take control over many of that character's actions.MMORPGs are distinguished from single-player or small multi-player CRPGs by the number of players, and by the game's persistent world, usually hosted by the game's publisher, which continues to exist or and evolve while the player is away from the game.someone said that is a great idear,but i think it's a nice choose! why? because that and Maple Story Mesos it's a best games items for mmorpg,and somefor games player not to be our best games,lol~ we should try and buy some also we can learn some to improve our games account! ThanksRunescape
Sorry guys, I just sold all of my on road stuff to try out this on line roll playing thing.
I hope it takes off like I think it's gonna!!
Old 05-23-2008, 10:25 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

over 9 million people play wow and conan just released with over 1 million beta signups. I think mmo's have taken off. It is cheaper than rc but the gf yells more, but I cant hear her cause I got my headphones on and I'm running an instance or I'm pwning those silly people who think a Boomkin cant PVP.

Catan
lvl 66
balance druid
feathermoon
Old 05-23-2008, 04:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

well I somehow talked my gf into it. were going to Memphis hope to see some of yall there but I know there is such a thing as real life. Wish me and the walls luck. I dont know who will need it more.
I know smac wont make it cause he is on his lvl 0-40 warcrack crusade. Man those first 40 lvls really test a relationship
Old 05-25-2008, 07:42 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 208 (100%+)

So how did racing go Clif?
Old 05-25-2008, 05:08 PM
Tech Adept

Wow - I turn away from our forum for a week and when I come back..... I can't understand a freakn thing being posted.

How about we start telling people we know about the upcoming RCProSeries race at Evolution and everyone make it a goal to bring at least one new person to that race. Tell a couple people you work with or people you do other hobbies with and tell them to come out and watch. I am trying this myself by trying to get a few of the offroad crowd to come watch.

Chris - running offroad and talking up our onroad scene while there can actually attract people to onroad. Especically when you go race onroad and come back faster at offroad (trust me this happens)

Larry Stone and Larry Dean were out at Dirtburners this weekend helping to talk up onroad. They both did well and made a bunch of guys wonder if onroad can really help. They did get the same teasing I get for having super clean stuff though........... "What's that capiler thing and that funny board with numbers on it.... ha ha ha"
Old 05-25-2008, 07:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

I agree Greg, I was just answering Kevins question as to why we are closed. And it is because we lost over half of the original TC guys to off-road. Even in the winter, if it wasn't for the strong oval turnout all winter I probaly would have closed before Christmas. When I first did the carpet we had 20+ racers every week for on-road, second and third season we had 6. You should know, you were there the first season. That was the most fun and competition I have ever seen in the STL area for TC and 1/12th scale then. The only racers that stuck around from then were Drew, Billy, Nate, Larry, Ron, and Todd. Steve K would come when he could, but not many others. I was starting to think everyone was upset with me or something. Or maybe I should of showered more. If we maintained the turnout, the potential new racers we had come in to check us out on road course days may have tried it, but when they show up with only 2 heats of 3 running it really doesen't look good. Where as if you go to an off-road track and there is 60-100+ racers there it makes you want to be part of that scene. Heck I even thought about racing off-road again, then I gathered my senses. Evolution is suffering the same way. When people do show to check the racing out they don't see the turnout, and you don't want to dump money into a new car that you might not get to run in a year. So for a safe bet, people get into off-road, it looks alot more reliable to be around year to year. The biggest thing I noticed when running my track was perception from the potential racer, that is why my oval classes did so well. They came in, seen the crowd and wanted to race. I started with 5 racers in the Slider class, by the end of the season I had 20-30. But I also had 15-20 pan cars racing, made for a nice full house! And alot of fun!!
Old 05-25-2008, 07:45 PM
Tech Adept

Yep Chris - that winter was a blast racing carpet. I was actually planning on coming back last winter, but then you changed race nights (which I completely understood - but wasn't going to work for me). I'll try again this winter btw.

I thought the electric class at Evolution looked really good last weekend and it should help to grow both gas and electric onroad (winter too).

But seriously guys - remember to try and get people out to the track to watch. Some of them will catch this virus, I mean addiction, I mean love for the hobby.

Last edited by GMSchmidt; 05-26-2008 at 06:51 AM.
Old 05-25-2008, 09:17 PM
Tech Elite

Yep, we need to get the racers, or potential racers there. The electrics looked fun, I wish the motor I had wasn't bad or I would have raced it too. I also wish I had all the answers too.
That winter was fun, it was a challenge just to make the A. And it wasn't embarrasing to be the top of the C. We had some great races then!
Old 05-25-2008, 09:20 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 208 (100%+)

Chris are you coming to the Paved nats in June? It should be a great time of racing.
Old 05-26-2008, 07:27 AM
Tech Elite

I wish I could, I work that weekend unfortunatly. If I do get to go it will be a last minute option.
Old 05-26-2008, 03:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I would do nitro on-road.
But with me buying a new truck and having to make payments leaves me with little $ to go out and buy a Nitro on-roader.
But i do still plan on getting the Xray out there sometime when i can.
The Losi is still settin pretty in the box at home waiting for a track.
So hence me not running nitro, since i have a Nitro off-roader.
I tried to get guys to run more electric TC in the winter. But most shrugged off. Most people these days dont really know how much work goes into prepping a on-road car to make it run right.
Like drew said one time about the situation "O man, my car feels great with this bent shock shaft on my buggy" It takes much less effort to be fast in off-road, since 70% driver and 30% setup. Its about 50/50 in on-road.
But dont worry, if i ever get a spare hunk of cash, you'll see me out there tearing up the 200mm TC class.

and gregs right, On-road will make you a better off-roader. I wouldent of done so good at scotts track if it wasnt for the TC running i had been doing.
If theres a track in the winter, im there, Billy still has all his on-road gear, Mike will buy a new one and race once in awhile. Larry for sure, Drew for sure, and who ever else shows. I cant wait, i had fun running On-Road, wish i could do it every week.
Plus, maby talking with some people with TCs and such determing a day would help.
Maby, but it was a long weekend for me running Off-road on sat night and racing on-road sunday. It would be better to cordinate with the Off-road/on-road guys, beacuse most people dont race back to back days consistently. Thats my whole dollars worth.
Old 05-26-2008, 06:00 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default question

I just got back from the Fireball Classic and I saw the Inferno GT class run for the first time. It is slow but it looks like a lot of fun. I am considering getting into this class and I am wondering if you will run the Inferno GT's at your HOA and or the RC Pro series race?

Thanks

Big Bad Bob DeGood (Fastlane)
Old 05-26-2008, 08:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 103 (98%+)

If we have enough for a class then we will run them. I believe the norm is 3 or more makes a class.
Old 05-26-2008, 09:10 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by smac
Sorry guys, I just sold all of my on road stuff to try out this on line roll playing thing.
I hope it takes off like I think it's gonna!!
ME TOO!

While we play, we can help random spammers, learn proper grammar.

When is the next race you guys are having? I might come check it out, help marshall if you need it.
Old 05-26-2008, 09:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

Thanks for asking dodgeguy. ehhhh I did ok. I busted a tire in practice and noticed a bulge in my ROAR approved lipo pack. I made it through all the heats ok 3 laps down from the pack and 3-4 sec off {typical for me at the skill level i'm at }. In the main I busted an a arm 2 min into it. I'm happy I feel i'm getting better though. I started wearing my mp3 player when running and it helps me get a groove going.

I noticed a problem though. Everyone in the class thermeled at least once on this 85 degree day. That was the real race to the good drivers. I think I was the only one not to thermal I did hit 180 though running a 98 spur and 39 pinon with my 13.5 motor. Guess we will see what happens up here as it heats up this summer. This problem was with 13.5 and 17.5. So I dont know what will happen with yalls 3.5. They draw more current so I assume they will get hot faster.

So if everyone thermals in the main but me. I'll have the slowest car and the poorest driving skills, but I win

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.