Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > Club Forums > International Racing Team
2006 IRT Membership Campaign--come and join! >

2006 IRT Membership Campaign--come and join!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2006 IRT Membership Campaign--come and join!

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2006, 04:09 PM

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default 2006 IRT Membership Campaign--come and join!

Time to regroup and recruit new leadership for the IRT. Are there old IRT members that are still around?

I have been out of the hobby for a short period of time, but with a upcoming move, I am hoping to get a new RC club up and running again.

Tell us what you are up to, what you race and where.

I'll new membership numbers available!

Thanks!
Old 04-06-2006, 02:00 AM

Default New IRT Member!

Rossco just became memeber #187. Go ahead and take a bow. Speech, Speech! Tell us a bit about yourself.

Just curious, what computers are you all using when you get on to www.rctech.net?

I am using 2 month old Mac Mini, 1.33 ghz, 1 gig main ram, Polaroid 15" lcd flat screen.

Thanks!
Old 04-06-2006, 02:12 AM
Tech Addict

well im Stephen and im an alchoholic
nah lol im 16 from australia, i just race at the local club reeli and am slowly gettin to bigger events (pain in the a$$ not hav a licence)
im an apprentice motor mechanic i get a massive $6.39 and hour os about $4 US an hour < talk about slave labour

my computer is a Yee ol Dell optiplex GX1 which im SLOWLY <<< fixing up
Old 04-06-2006, 02:20 AM

Australia, that would make sense. I was trying to figure out the stupid reason you are up like me at 2:16AM. Had a Migraine, went to sleep at 6pm, got up and got on the computer to get an application out, and thought, "Man, I had better check what is going on at rctech.net."

What brand of shop are you working at? I am currently doing some construction as I wait to get a job in my field. But I was working at a place changing oil a couple of months ago and applied at a auto garage to do whatever. I had a friend in the UK who was about your age (oh about 10 years ago) and he was training to be a Rover mechanic.

I have to go back to sleep. Got to get my son off to school and get to the job site in the morning.

Later!
Old 04-06-2006, 02:53 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Cmotif
Australia, that would make sense. I was trying to figure out the stupid reason you are up like me at 2:16AM. Had a Migraine, went to sleep at 6pm, got up and got on the computer to get an application out, and thought, "Man, I had better check what is going on at rctech.net."

What brand of shop are you working at? I am currently doing some construction as I wait to get a job in my field. But I was working at a place changing oil a couple of months ago and applied at a auto garage to do whatever. I had a friend in the UK who was about your age (oh about 10 years ago) and he was training to be a Rover mechanic.

I have to go back to sleep. Got to get my son off to school and get to the job site in the morning.

Later!

i currently work at a Toyota dealership
Old 04-06-2006, 07:23 AM

So what are the HOT Toyota down under? Do they sell a lot of Tundras and Tacomas? Or do your trucks have different names?

I know that from living in the UK, that just because we share the same brand of car, it doesn't mean that they share the same line up of cars.

Cmotif <><
Old 04-07-2006, 01:57 AM
Tech Addict

So what are the HOT Toyota down under? Do they sell a lot of Tundras and Tacomas? Or do your trucks have different names?

I know that from living in the UK, that just because we share the same brand of car, it doesn't mean that they share the same line up of cars.

Cmotif <><
i have absolutely no idea what they are - im gunna guess its the same/similar to a hilux or a landcrusier, hot toyota hot toyota ummmm only ones i can think of are the Soara and the supra

Similar thing prolly to the Holden monaro (thats thre true name btw), also known as the Vauxal monaro, and the pontiac GTO
Old 04-07-2006, 07:58 AM

Is the hilux a truck? The Tacoma is a mid size truck and the Tundra is a full size truck. I think those are made almost exclusively for the American market. I believe that they are made in Toyota Truck plants here in the United States.

Do they have the Toyota Matrix in Australia? What is the closest thing that they have to the WRX there? I understand the the Subarus are popular in Australia.

What kind of racing do you do?
Old 04-07-2006, 04:07 PM
Tech Addict

Is the hilux a truck? The Tacoma is a mid size truck and the Tundra is a full size truck. I think those are made almost exclusively for the American market. I believe that they are made in Toyota Truck plants here in the United States.

Do they have the Toyota Matrix in Australia? What is the closest thing that they have to the WRX there? I understand the the Subarus are popular in Australia.

What kind of racing do you do?
hilux is a ute/pickup tacoma not a clue what that is, matrix i thought that was a movie lol

and the closest thing to a WRX down here would prolly be a wrx
Old 04-09-2006, 08:12 AM

Hicksey is IRT# 188.

What I meant was, in Australia, does Toyota have anything in the same class as the WRX? We have the Mitsubishi Lancer EVO 8.

I guess the smartest thing would be for me to look for the Toyota Australia site and for you to check out the Toyota US site www.toyota.com.

I was amazing when I lived in Great Britian that Ford in the US and Scotland was SO DIFFERENT. In fact even if the car had the same name, it might not have any interchangeable pieces. They had different bodies with the same name for the same year.

C <><
Old 04-09-2006, 03:24 PM
Tech Regular

I am 15. Havent raced much. Only reason for that being my parents are split up and have to go to different parents all the time.(My dad doesn't like r/c)
I have a TA05 and a Super hornet. I will be getting a job soon at repco (auto shop). That is about it. ALSO we have EVO 9's
Old 04-09-2006, 05:46 PM

Default I used to have a hornet back in 85-86.

Evo 9s? I don't think that we have them here yet. But I am not as up to speed on my Mitsubishis like I am on my VW, Subarus etc. Sadly I am more up on my Hyundais and Kias than I am on my Mitsubishis. I don't think that we have all that many ads on TV for Mitsubishi unless it is for the Eclipse.

Do you guys know if the next Fast and Furious movie is going to have just a large present of Mitsubishis, like FF2 had? (Remember the Evo and the Spyder)

NSW? That is New Zealand or Australia or somewhere close? New South Wales?

Sorry I didn't have it any of my geography classes.

Currently for RC cars I have Two Yokomo MR4TC, the nicer of the two is a SSG. I also have 4 upgraded Kyosho Mini-z cars.

Over the years I have had: 2 TC3s, 4 Street Weapons including an IWC, 2 Losi XXXS, 7 MR4TCs, assorted Traxxas buggies and trucks. One Cen Nitro car, RC Lab 7 Even Pro II.

The Celica is on my IWC Street Weapon.
Attached Thumbnails 2006 IRT Membership Campaign--come and join!-hornet.jpg   2006 IRT Membership Campaign--come and join!-celica-2.jpg  
Old 04-10-2006, 01:29 AM
Tech Addict

NSW is a state in australia, same one as sydeny is in
Old 04-10-2006, 03:28 AM
PD2
Tech Master

Cmotif,

Excuse my ignorance, but what is the IRT? What is it all about? I don't think I have a clear understanding of the vision and/or mission.

Thanks for the clarifications in advance!
PD2
Old 04-10-2006, 08:01 AM

The International Racing Team started on Trinity Tech Talk in 1999, then it was the first club on rctrouring.com which no longer exists but was the seed that started www.rctech.net. It was started as a club to get racers together from around the world. We did a couple of IRT get togethers, which included racers in California.

We have helped those who were new to the sport.

If we build up new leadership, I think that we could bring about some changes. We have talked before about getting some stickers and shirts.

C

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.