XRAY Indonesia

Old 09-20-2004, 07:17 PM

Arrow XRAY Indonesia

Hope Xray users able to use this thread to discuss any xray related matters.

Last edited by Pyramid; 11-05-2004 at 07:40 AM.
Old 09-20-2004, 07:20 PM

Here is a nice comment about XB8 from user in Philippines posted on http://www.teamxray.com/xforum

--------------------------
First of all Kudos to XRAY, it's a fine piece of equipment.

I did get one of the first kits so I did get a small hiccup which XRAY promptly offered to rectify.

I won't delve into the quality of the kit as this is already a well known fact to most afficionados.

Now my 2 cents,

As to driving experience, what I can say that it's more forgiving than my previous buggy (777 SP1). The 777 is a very maneuverable buggy, Moreso than anything else I've driven.

That said, it (the 777 as well as most K-cars) also wears out much faster. In just over 9 gallons, most of the drivetrain parts have shown significant wear that needs to be replaced in order to get it back to truly competative shape.

I have to replace almost all the drivetrain parts save for the gears in the Final TCD. All the metal toe-in blocks have a lot of slop. All the diffs are leaking, all the universal swing shafts are bent and the outdrives are so loose that I can almost tell from the way it lands wrong that I'm gonna pop a dogbone.

So far the XB8 is so light compared to anything else that I've been able to take the basic setup I used from the 777 and still came out better. I no longer needed to put so much preload on the shocks to prevent the chassis from bottoming out (which was the norm on the 777). I also honestly believe that the conical shock pistons work extremely well for my needs as I set them to increase dampening when the shock is compressed. I've been able to set my ride height lower (which minimizes chassis roll in sweepers) while allowing me to jump triples and still have the car land with no chassis slap.

Also, repairing the car during the midst of a race day doesn't have to be a loathsome job anymore. It's bad enough the car is dirty and so is your worktable, but to only use the basic tools to replace a broken arm or change a setting inspires confidence. Changing setups mid-race is a big no-no on a K-car because there's just too many things to take out that you might forget. It's almost unheard off for a typical K owner to change caster between heats. In the XB8, it takes less than a minute due to the ingenious metal inserts.

I was a little hesistant to switch from the 777 since I know it's still one of the winningest kits out there (alongside Mugen), but after running the the XB8 the decision was made easier.

To the fence sitters....

The XB8's performance will feel more like a Mugen. But steers nearly like a 777. But you must realize that it's NOT priced like a Mugen Prospec or a 777 (at least in our neck of the woods).

----------------------------------------------------
Old 09-20-2004, 07:57 PM
Tech Addict

So, you were saying that xray buggy are better than Kyosho 777??!?!?!
Old 09-20-2004, 08:42 PM

Originally posted by Xtreme
Does it means you dont like to see others prefer Xray than Kyosho?
Old 09-20-2004, 09:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by Xtreme
No.. not exactly. It is only preference matters.
Anybody has their own opinion, and it is for free
And we all know that comparing 1 brand to the others will produce nonsense..
Each of it are unique.

BTW, with soft rear dampening, blue spring, (shocktower)top mounting on the lower line (to create more downtravel, 14mm) and higher ride height, the car handling bumps way better comparing to the stock setup.
With above setup, I can put more throttle on the very bumpy section. Try that !
Old 09-22-2004, 02:59 AM
Tech Elite

Default xray

kira'in threads ini untuk electric on roadnya....
sapa tau saya bisa memberi perlawanan berarti pada Pyramid kalau ketemu dibalapan....
Old 09-22-2004, 08:54 AM

Default Re: xray

Originally posted by BerthMaster
kira'in threads ini untuk electric on roadnya....
sapa tau saya bisa memberi perlawanan berarti pada Pyramid kalau ketemu dibalapan....
Roger pak... untuk EP yang penting in style dulu lah.. menang-kalah urusan nomor terakhir
Old 09-23-2004, 07:22 AM
Regional Moderator

Pokoke yg Sabtu ketauan pada City Tour alias jalan-jalan ke KOTA bakal gue sumpahin minggunya trouble dah.

Old 09-23-2004, 07:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by daniz24
Pokoke yg Sabtu ketauan pada City Tour alias jalan-jalan ke KOTA bakal gue sumpahin minggunya trouble dah.

Ampun Darling !!
Eloe sekali gak diajak aja langsung nggondok gitu..
Old 09-30-2004, 07:58 AM

Mr. Giant,

Take a look at this

http://www.rctech.net/forum/attachme...postid=1124639
Old 09-30-2004, 07:36 PM
Regional Moderator

Is it YMP? Cool...

Gotta love those outdrives and universals

Last edited by daniz24; 09-30-2004 at 07:44 PM.
Old 10-01-2004, 04:20 AM

Originally posted by daniz24
Is it YMP? Cool...

Gotta love those outdrives and universals
the whole image,

http://www.rctech.net/forum/attachme...postid=1124987
Old 10-27-2004, 07:13 AM

Default XRAY T1FK has been awarded the best 1/10 touring car in the world

More info here: http://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/new...&kategoria=400
Old 11-05-2004, 07:35 AM

http://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/new...f99fc646a3d0d0

XRAY would like to announce that based on the feedback from customers the pistons for XB8 shocks were updated. The original pistons had no manufacturing defect they were just more easy to break in certain circumstances, especially if the downstops were not set properly. XRAY has responded to the customer feedback extremely quickly and developed new material making the pistons almost unbreakable. These new pistons are easy to recognize as they are white.

The updated pistons are included in new batch of the XB8 kits and the pistons are available as a spare part #358035. For any further questions and availability, please contact your distributor.

PS: Xray Indonesia will receive them early December as scheduled (may be late due to difficulties in customs lately) and will be provided for FREE to all XB8 purchasers (from Xray Indonesia Dealers).

Enjoy R/C........
Old 11-22-2004, 06:44 AM
Tech Rookie

Halo...dimana sih saya bisa cari parts untuk XB8 saya... saya bener2 kesulitan nih cari part....padahal saya cuman cari arm bawah doang...wah repot juga nih pake XB8...secara keseluruhan kit oke bgt..tapi parts supportnya OMG...SULIT

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.