Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RC Fun Park - Hobby Shop / Tracks

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2015, 04:16 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Lots or changes going on at the RcFun park, the hobby shop is growing and stocks ALOT of the cool stuff The indoor facility is really shaping up to be a awesome indoor track. Lay outs are sweet and changing and grip is med to high and getting better and better as the track crew gets it figured out as to what the track needs. My kids are in sports that got my Saturday's tied up but I heard they had 140 entries yesterday so place is doing well and ALWAYS improving from what I see. Get out there to run some laps if you haven't yet.......its a fun place with good people.
Old 11-09-2015, 09:50 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

so this place is actually open now?...140 entries?...
Old 11-09-2015, 07:41 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by skinned
so this place is actually open now?...140 entries?...
Its been open since this past spring as I raced the entire summer series there indoors, there have been a couple short times that the track was down over this time being a completely new facility and passing inspections and all that type of stuff that comes with new construction. Its a fantastic facility that still isnt quite 100% but getting there. Yes there was 140 entries this past Saturday which is pretty solid IMO. I was there Sunday for a few hours doing some testing on the new layout......flows nice!
Old 11-15-2015, 07:24 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Is it true they are becoming a hobby town?
Old 11-15-2015, 08:16 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Soloud
I couldn't comment on there future plans there as I am not involved with the shop, just a racer passing on what I see going on there. The owners are GREAT people and the indoor setup is really becoming a fine facility that is bringing in some really fast racers as well as alot of new to the hobby people.
Old 05-19-2016, 10:20 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

The inside track is 1/10 scale only ?
Old 05-22-2016, 09:18 AM
Tech Adept

If enough show up, they will run an Ebuggy class. They do combine it with 4wd SCT to make up a class if needed.

It is tight for E buggy though. IIRC they are building a new outdoor track for 8th scale.
Old 08-11-2016, 11:41 AM
Tech Initiate

When will you start racing indoors? Looking for somewhere new to race, interested in coming over there to race. Thanks, Dave.
Old 08-12-2016, 04:29 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

They do three month series, September through November will be their next one. Check them out on facebook for the latest info.
Old 09-10-2016, 03:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 137 (98%+)

Originally Posted by Soloud
there are a hobbytown but they can carry what ever they want also very good selection on play and race parts and kits and elecs
Old 04-28-2018, 10:08 PM
Tech Regular

Location: northern Indiana southern Michigan all depends on the day.

Hi im one of the racers racing at rc fun park ill try to answer some question as i check around. the indoor track has been going good with around 80 entry most nights, we run 3 heats and 1 main, your fastest heat deturmans your place in the main.

The out door track making its triumphant return for the 2018 off-road seasion
there will be a rc swap meet may 20 2018

currently running a 3 week indoor oval clay race were half way thro.

normal off-road race will begin May 12 with track lay out changes ever few mouths on both indoor and outdoor track

we have recently switch from RC Scoring Pro to LiveRC.

racing classes are but not limited to the following:

out-door ovel race: sorry don't know for serten on the classes or ovel rules
Outlaw Sprint
Sc Mod
Stadium Truck
Sc Late Model
Spec Slash
Street Stock
Coupe

indoor/outdoor classis:
Rookie(no ebuggy or like sized rc, 1/10 or smaller only)
17.5 blinky sct
mod sct
17.5 blinky 1/10 buggy
mod 1/10 buggy
13.5 4wd buggy
mod 4wd buggy
mod stadem truck
4wd sct
1/8 ebuggy
etruggy (out door only*)
nitro class will run on out door events only there include but not limited to
nitro 1/8buggy
nitro sct
nitro stadem truck
nitro monster truck
nitro truggy

**NEW this year**
stock slash 2wd clamer class* -( this one is a really hoooooot i love running it the most) its ran as a complete basher fest with moto cross style starts and as many drivers as we can stuff on the driver stand. you can help but laught. but do watch out for the twist on this class because if at the end of the night if someone wants your slash they can take it! but dont think your out of a car because it. you get a complete bran new in box ~185.00$ brushed 2wd slash FOR YOUR SLASH IN THE DEAL HAHA! All you keep is your mylaps, body, and battery. this one is easly becoming the favrite class at the track. and you'll see why. rookie racers are welcome in this class too.

the race sedule :
there will be one indoor and one outdoor points race every mounth with the fallowing tuesday being a club race.
ovel races will be once a month fridays.
for the complete sedule rcfunpark.com
check it out on facebook
Old 09-27-2019, 11:37 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Is tomorrow a club race day? and do you still run 1/8 EBuggy indoors?
Old 09-13-2020, 11:45 PM
Tech Regular

Location: northern Indiana southern Michigan all depends on the day.

you probably already got your anwcer or found out. but wedesdays club race is almost entirly 2wd buggys and some stadam trucks with a sct throne in here and there. almost never see 4x4 anything. but i still bring my 4x4 sct as we some time get a turn out.

saturdays is a hole another story.
we almost always have 4x4 sct and will throw ebuggy in with them, unless there is enof a of a show-up.

now with covid bs, and the race director having had it(he got over it 3 mouths ago, doesn't have it anymore). the program been thrown for a loop no indoor racing as far as i'm aware. and i think Wednesdays night are gone all together.

but my information is also 2 mouths old as im out of town till 1/1/2021. and i don't feel then need to keep up with them. they do have a facebook and post on it regularly, with racing updates and information. or you can call and talk to Tommy, not tom. hes there after 4pm Eastern standered time.

or you can message me i only race there tho but ive been racing there scene they first opened. andi can try to ancwer your question. sorry if im not very promped i don't go on hiatis and lose my mind