Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Indiana and Michigan Racing
VTA Parking Lot Racing? SE Michigan >

VTA Parking Lot Racing? SE Michigan

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

VTA Parking Lot Racing? SE Michigan

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2013, 08:37 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

x
Old 10-24-2013, 08:59 AM
Tech Adept

Quite honestly I do not want to run 25.5 ! Lol lets just try and keep it close to vta and just have a good FAST time. 25.5 seems like it would be really slow. As long as were all close in motor I think parking lot racing is going to come down to skill, it's not perfectly smooth, or clean.
Old 10-24-2013, 09:00 AM
Tech Adept

O by the way, I am looking at either an xray t4 or a tamiya td04, so we will see what I end up with
Old 10-24-2013, 06:01 PM
Tech Addict

Sounds good, I agree that 25.5 would be way too slow.
Old 10-25-2013, 08:18 AM
Tech Apprentice

I guess I'll just wait til I meet you guys, because I have no idea (other than motort) what's the 25.5, 13.5, etc!!! lol It's cool. Everyone had to start out from the beginning at one point or another. So I can't say what mine is.
I see we have two options for locations. Not sure which one will be chosen. Just FYI, our parking lot is smooth and very large, however it's my church so drinking of any kind won't be allowed. I'm ok with coming to the other place, just wanted to let you know ahead of time.
So is Sun Nov 3rd the date? and we just have to figure out which location?
Old 10-25-2013, 10:46 AM
Tech Adept

Looks like I have to jump through some hoops to get this going, it's possible but not very soon.
Old 10-25-2013, 10:53 AM
Tech Adept

By that I mean at the Milford proving grounds
Old 10-25-2013, 07:35 PM
Tech Adept

I will be back by next Thursday and have been tracking two motors I ordered before I left for this project I'm on. One 13.5T and a Speed Passion 25.5T so I could be prepped for either case when I return. Other than that my car, sans a driver figure and Novak power, is completely USVTA compliant. I used one of the Turnigy TD10 chassis kits, super cheap and is actually the Sakura Zero S. Very pleased as to the quality of the kit though. I've changed a few things so I could better tune the FDR, sway bars etc. Can't wait to test drive this thing already. I would be up for either location...just wish it was a little earlier in the season, traction should be a hoot with cooler track temps!
Old 10-25-2013, 07:43 PM
Tech Adept

Oh, and I am for quicker, so my vote would be for the 13.5T motor choice.
Old 10-25-2013, 11:04 PM
Tech Adept

Cool, 13.5 it is, now to start building a car!....
Old 10-26-2013, 08:40 PM
Tech Addict

MW/Options, it looks like your location might be available first, do you think they would be ok with us racing there next Sunday afternoon?
If so, I'm in.
Old 10-27-2013, 02:54 PM
Tech Adept

Looks like my 13.5t was delivered while am on the road so, install Thurs night, a little time for chassis and testing tweaks. I could be ready for Sunday. Since there seems to be (5) of us in this thread and we all have differing times which we all check our postings, maybe we should advance to texting so we could maybe group text and get quicker responses. We cannot be the only (5) adults with toys who want to get some onroad time in. maybe this is the start of a regular thing.....VTA racing is fairly popular, just seems like its everywhere BUT Michigan. Lets start a Revolution! Just kidding...got a little excited. Was afraid that I built a car that I wasn't going to be able to use....wasn't looking forward to ebay'ing it. My name is Scott, located in Commerce Twsp Mi, Oakley Park and M5 area.
Old 10-27-2013, 06:25 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hey everyone,

Next Sun is good. I'll let them know. Usually we don't have anything for Sunday afternoons, but our parking lot is so big that we will still have space if something is going on. Since I'm new can you all give me some sites to read up on so that I'm not buggin your ears too much to the point that you can't enjoy it? What are we going to use for the track? I have a few pvc poles, about 1 1/2", but I have access to the churches cones so no problem there. I should be able to use our electric strip for any power we may need.

Also I'm good with texting. My name is Darnell and number is 734-834-9937. I'm thinking a time like 3-5 next sun. what's your thoughts?

Also one last thing. on our property we have a gym with a rubber floor. I may have access to it. Do you think this would be good for the cars? I'm thinking something for the winter? Just thougths.
Old 10-28-2013, 12:59 PM
Tech Addict

Darnell, thanks for setting up the location, much appreciated. 3-5 works pretty good for me, and having access to power makes things much easier. I would think a couple cones might work great to get us started.
RCTECH is definitely one of the best sites out there for general RC information. Oople.com is a similar site with good info from Europe. I started with a Tamiya Hornet when I was a kid, so I also check-out sites like tamiyaclub.com as well.
The gym floor idea is brilliant, my only worry would be that our tires might damage your floor, so we'd have to check that. If not, that would be a great place once the weather gets really cold.
Scott, I agree there are probably others out there. Not sure how to promote just yet, but the more the merrier in my opinion.
See you guys Sunday!
Old 10-28-2013, 12:59 PM
Tech Addict

Zspeed, what car did you get???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.