Wiki Posts
Search

1/8 & 1/10 Electric near Flint?

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2012, 06:24 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default 1/8 & 1/10 Electric near Flint?

I'm thinking about attending Kettering University in Flint soon, and was wondering if anyone knows of any tracks within an hour of driving. Already tried searching the forums, but I can only find very old posts and don't want to raise a thread from the dead. I'm mainly looking for 1/8 e-buggy and 1/10 2wd buggy, but class info would be awesome.

All info is appreciated!

Last edited by Bugger234; 01-16-2013 at 12:43 PM.
Old 12-15-2012, 11:10 AM
Tech Champion

Within an hour? Settle for the south side?

Good turnouts for 2wd mod, very good competition. E-buggy is not far behind. Big track for indoors, ridiculous amount of pit space. Race Wednesday and Friday nights, plenty of practice times too. Race oriented hobby shop. Some food.

Addictive Motorsports R/C Raceway & Hobby Shop, also known as AMS
Old 12-16-2012, 05:52 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bugger234
I'm thinking about attending Kettering University in Flint soon, and was wondering if anyone knows of any tracks within an hour of driving. Already tried searching the forums, but I can only find very old posts and don't want to raise a thread from the dead. I'm mainly looking for 1/8 e-buggy and 1/10 2wd buggy, but and class info would be awesome.

All info is appreciated!
AMS is right in grand blanc which is right next to Flint. I will try to give you the link to there website. We race every Wends. and Friday. Friday is the big day for club racing. We usually run a novice class 10-15 people, Mod 1/10 scale buggy Around 30 cars on friday, Mod 1/10 scale truck about 10 people, 2wd open sc about 30 people, 4wd sc about 20 people, 1/8 4wd buggy about 10-15. Also will fun truggy and 1/10 4wd buggy if enough people show up with them. All in all the place is great and people are good. On friday 10 bucks gets you in as many classes as you want. we run 2 qualifiers and then the mains. Track gets changed about every month and a half. Its a good track. you can pm me if you have any other questions.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/AMS-C...ref=ts&fref=ts
Old 12-18-2012, 06:34 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default .

+1 for ams. Great place to race and mike is very helpfull.