Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Midwest Dirt Oval Racing Series?

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2010, 10:00 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Midwest Dirt Oval Racing Series?

I would like to know if there is enough interest to organize a Midwest Dirt Oval Racing Series for tracks in the Midwest, primarily Illinois and Indiana but I wouldn't rule out any other neighboring states..

I would say to make it worth the effort we would have to have at least 100 or more competitors across the whole area and at least 5 tracks having one race per month at one of the tracks and a final championship race at one track. I would also say to get a track to buy in you would have at least 50-60 racers at each event.

I am sure that sponsors can be found to provide prize products and or other support. Trophies can be easily acquired. A website can easily be put together. And in my opinion the only "payout" might be for the finals, say top 10 in each class.

As for rules, I figure the easiest thing to do is go by the DODC rules with possible considerations for each track.

I will check with the area's track operators if you the racers think it's something you would attend. There wouldn't be any series costs, no memberships fees or the like. I would only expect the entry fees at the tracks would be a bit higher for the series race then their normal program to offset the extra effort that would have to be put in to pull of a regional event.

Please sound off on the poll or send me a message.

Thanks!

Todd Johnson
R/C Racing Products
Old 02-02-2010, 10:06 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Links to info..

Check DirtOval.com Forums > General Discussion > General R/C Dirt Oval Discussion thread "Midwest Dirt Oval Racing Series?"

Check HobbyTalk Forums > Radio Control Vehicles > RC Oval Racing > RC Dirt Oval Racing thread "New Midwest Dirt Oval Racing Series???"

This site won't let me put links in a post until I post enough times. Sort of stupid but I guess it stops unwanted ads.
Old 02-23-2010, 01:12 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Tracks

OK racers please pass the word to your local tracks and have your local track check the rcrproducts.com/mdor.html to see if they are on the list for consideration if they want to be.

I will attempt to contact the tracks one more time by email, mail and phone calls.

Once I get a list of possibles I will sit down and work out the schedule, rules package for any class other than the DODC classes , i.e. 1/8th scales if the tracks want them and then I will update everyone and open up registration..

Deadline for track consideration will be March 5th.

Todd Johnson
RCRP
rcrproducts.com
Old 03-18-2010, 12:20 PM
Tech Rookie

Default MDOR Update

OK racers, it's on. I have almost all of the scheduling done. I am waiting on word from two tracks which will fill the bill.

Rules as stated will be basic DODC and DLMRA rules. Open classes as stated in the rules. Limited classes are all that is yet to be completely finalized. I can tell you now that I am not going to bother worrying about the "approved" Lipo batteries and such like the DODC rules states. I will put the final word up on the site as soon as I can get a consensus from the tracks as to what limits we want on the limited class. I am less concerned about it being a cheap class then I am about it being a fair class and making guys buy specific batteries, motors, ESC's etc just isn't what I am about.

rcrproducts.com/mdor.html CHECK THE MDOR SERIES SITE FOR THE UPDATES!!!

Look for registration to open up next week...

Thanks to everyone who is working on this effort..

Todd Johnson
RCRP
rcrproducts.com
[email protected]
Old 03-19-2010, 08:38 PM
Tech Rookie

Default REGISTRATION IS OPEN

OK racers, go to the MDOR Site (rcrproducts.com/mdor.html) and get registered for the series..

We have all 5 qualifiers scheduled.

I am working out details on the Championship race..

The rules packages have been tweeked and are up on the site, and available for download at the bottom of the MDOR Rules page. I am sure someone will have an issue with something but then that is to be expected, email me and we can discuss any concerns..

Please pass the word to all of your other racer friends, it's going to take at least 8 entries in a class for it to run at the qualifiers..

Race on..

Todd Johnson
RCRP
3308 N. 10th Street
Terre Haute, IN 47804
(217) 304-6555
rcrproducts.com
[email protected]

Last edited by RCRP; 03-19-2010 at 08:40 PM. Reason: Cause this site won't let me add a link yet..
Old 03-29-2010, 08:49 AM
Tech Rookie

Default REGISTRATION IS OPEN!!!

Check out rcrproducts.com/mdor.html for all of the series information.

Please checkout the site and get registered!!!