Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Indiana and Michigan Racing
U.S. Vintage Trans Am Nationals: April 12th, 2008 >

U.S. Vintage Trans Am Nationals: April 12th, 2008

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

U.S. Vintage Trans Am Nationals: April 12th, 2008

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2008, 01:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)
Exclamation U.S. Vintage Trans Am Nationals: April 12th, 2008

Hey all of you Trans Am racers, be sure to set aside Saturday, April 12th, 2008 for the Inaugural U.S. Vintage Trans Am Nationals to be held at The Track at Harbor Hobbies in Winthrop Harbor, Illinois.

This event details are still being finalized, but we will be presenting a Trans Am ONLY event based on 6 rounds of heads-up heat racing (best 4 rounds count), and also will include a Concours event, Longest Haul Award, 20-car 50-lap shootout and other fun happenings during that day.

Save the date now, get a hall pass, get off of work and do whatever you need to do to make it out on the 12th of April. It's going to be a don't miss event for years to come.

Race rules will be official U.S. Vintage Trans Am rules found on the USVTA website here: http://www.usvintagetransam.com

The Track at Winthrop Harbor's website is here: http://www.harbor-hobby.net

We will be listing hotel information and any special side events, sponsors and other details as they are confirmed. Race pre-entry forms will be posted here and on the site when they are completed, so stay tuned to this thread for all of the latest info as it develops.

Hope to see you in April!
Old 02-22-2008, 08:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Hey guys,

We just announced many of the details of the April 12th Trans Am Nationals that will be in Winthrop Harbor in Illinois. We got full support from HPI Racing and are in talks with a few other companies at the moment, including coverage from RCDriver and RCXtreme Magazines.

This is a one-day, Trans Am ONLY race in the Reedy Race of Champions race format (no qualifying, 5 mains, one throwout), along with a 50-lap 20-car shootout at the end of the day. There are lots of other cool things planned for the day, including Concours, Longest Haul award and many other "contests" with great prizes.

We're capping the feild at 60 cars, though, so it's important to pre-register through the USVTA website. Check out www.usvintagetransam.com and hit the "Events" section for race details and fill out the Nationals pre-registration form as soon as possible. We are working on XXXL shirts if you need something in a "beefy size" so hang tight.

Hope to see you guys out here in April!

doug
Old 06-21-2008, 09:42 AM
Tech Rookie

Angry A Finally A Smart Blonde Joke

A blonde walks into a New York City Bank and asks for the loan officer.She says she is going to Europe on business for 2 weeks and needs to borrow $5,000.The bank officer says he will need some kind of security for the loan, so the blonde hands over the keys to a brand new Porsche parked out the front of the bank.With the title and paper work all checked out, the bank agrees to accept the car as security for the loan.The loan officer drives the new Porsche into the bank's underground garage and park's it there.Two week's later the blonde returns, repays the $5,000's she loaned, and $15.40 interest that accumulated. The loan officer approaches the blonde and says "We here at the bank are very happy that this transaction has worked out,..World Of Warcraft gold is WoW gold, but while you were away, I checked you out, and I'm a little puzzled. I found out that you are a multi-millionaire. What puzzles me is why you would bother to borrow $5,000.The blonde replies, "Where else in New York City can I park my car for two weeks for 15 bucks(美元)?"