Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HK Talk Version 1.0

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2001, 06:17 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

im just wondering if gp cars should vibrate that much? cuz mine vibrates like hell!! im thinking that the balls in the centax clutch are like stuck or something and cuzing unbalanced in the fly wheel and thus, the car vibrate...does that make sence?
Old 09-03-2001, 06:30 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

haha...got another thing in my mind...(lots to think lately)
y does novarossi make REX and TOP engine when they have MOVAROSSI already? like the engines are like the same but the colors are different and the names isnt the same...
like novarossi have the RS12, REX have the RT12, and TOP have the TT12..the are all the same!!
Old 09-03-2001, 06:34 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

Originally posted by fai
DTM: You've got lots of batt. already! No need to buy/try any new cells!! Save some money for your new Micro RS4!!
Fai- Got my RS4 Micro Viper today! Even bought some 16 gauge wires to install my V12 ESC hehe!

Anyone have any recommendation on what grease to run on the front and back gear diffs? I will run the car stock first! The front one-way is soooo damn expensive. Typical HPI marketing policy!
Old 09-03-2001, 06:39 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

Default Re: Impulse

Originally posted by stik
Fai:
How popular is Serpent Impulse in HK? I'm looking for GPM front universal joints for my Impulse. Do you know where i can get them in HK ?

Thanks
Do you REALLY want GPM universals on your Serpent... Its kind of a downgrade! "GPM" and "quality" are two words that should not be used in the same sentence! Their universals are pretty well known for falling apart after about 2 packs of batteries.... and thats on an ELECTRIC car!

However, their motor heatsinks are ok.... no moving parts!
Old 09-03-2001, 06:43 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Mars

dtm, I don't think the cruves are reasonable. For e.g., Powers won't have same voltage as Sanyo3000 in the first quarter of run; capacity diff between sanyo2400 and and 3000 should not be that small; votalge of 2400 in the first quarter should not be that low...
hmmm.... I was a little surprised with the Powers curve as well. Has anyone tried these blue cells? any comment?
Old 09-03-2001, 08:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

dtm, my blue cells perform as good as my sanyo 3000, but it last longer. when i use 10x3 motor, blue cells give 5 more laps over sanyo 3000 in pyc.
of cuz, it is not as punchy as smh.
Old 09-03-2001, 08:17 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

ernestf- Sounds good. One thing I really don't like about the Sanyo 3000s is the way they lose a lot of capacity after only a few months.

Have you run your micro yet? Does it have too way steering or not enough? I need to determine what grease to put in the diffs

Last edited by dtm; 09-03-2001 at 08:20 AM.
Old 09-03-2001, 08:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

dtm, i tested run mine few days ago. the tires is the major problem. it dont provide grip at all.
i use front one way and front univ shaft to avoid building all these plastic parts.
i will test run the car again this week with a 6V pack. will let u know the result later on.
Old 09-03-2001, 06:25 PM
fai
Regional Moderator

Stik: DTM is right!! Think about it!! Impulse is not as popular as V1R and MTX2 in HK.

DTM: You finally got your Viper!! How about #5000 grease oil??

Ernestf: Long time no "talk" with you, have fun with your Micro!!
Old 09-03-2001, 06:48 PM
Tech Regular

Default GPM Parts

Fai:
Thanks for the insight, Popularity dictates parts availabity or the lacks of it. I'm trying to find a soution to my dogbone problems. Here V1R and Impulse share equal market along with the MTX2.

DTM:
I appreciate the input. I have no experience with GPM products and its only them who have the option for Impulse. It's that bad huh? ...

Fafa:

Thanks for the info. I'll think about it because I'm not really going down to HongKong and I was hoping there would be an online shop buy from.

Originally posted by fai
Stik: DTM is right!! Think about it!! Impulse is not as popular as V1R and MTX2 in HK.

DTM: You finally got your Viper!! How about #5000 grease oil??

Ernestf: Long time no "talk" with you, have fun with your Micro!!