Shops in Hong Kong

Old 05-06-2010, 04:46 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Not sure where you can still get 1/18 scale M18 Bodies but you should try either Harmony Model (Mr.Lam) or Action Hobbies ( Andy).
Old 05-06-2010, 06:36 AM
Tech Initiate

Default m18 xray body

Originally Posted by Infinity
Not sure where you can still get 1/18 scale M18 Bodies but you should try either Harmony Model (Mr.Lam) or Action Hobbies ( Andy).
Thanks. Do they have a website or contact no. so i can order on line?
Old 05-06-2010, 09:49 AM
Tech Regular

Default Harmony Model

Action Hobbies does not have an online site but you can google Harmony Model and submit an order. Mr.Lam himself will reply to your queries.
Old 05-08-2010, 12:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

i am looking for a 20-30A model, any recommendations?
Old 05-08-2010, 10:10 AM
Tech Regular

Default Power Supply

Most of the shops in KWS carry 20-30A powersupply's. Its a matter of how much you want to spend, if you're into better brands then try RC Model for the MuchMore series.
Old 05-08-2010, 04:37 PM
Tech Regular

Hi guys. wanna check with u guys sumthing here. i'll be going over to shen zhen in august. most probably i will be dropping by hongkong as i wanna get parts for my RC cars. who knows i might get a kit there as well... but the problem is am i able to bring it across to shen zhen?? coz i wun be staying i hong kong. my hotel is shangri la in shen zhen. n does anyone know how to go to KWS from my location?? will i have any problems crossing back to shen zhen if i get the kits rom hongkong?
Old 05-08-2010, 09:19 PM
Tech Master

Most of the shops in KWS carry 20-30A powersupply's. Its a matter of how much you want to spend, if you're into better brands then try RC Model for the MuchMore series.
infinity,

thanks again for the recommendation... any idea how much for a medium range power supply? muchmore a bit over budget for me...
Old 05-09-2010, 01:07 AM
Tech Regular

You might be looking at around HKD800-1000 i guess. I would not guarantee that they would last or have problems though!
Old 05-09-2010, 01:19 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by pipi
Hi guys. wanna check with u guys sumthing here. i'll be going over to shen zhen in august. most probably i will be dropping by hongkong as i wanna get parts for my RC cars. who knows i might get a kit there as well... but the problem is am i able to bring it across to shen zhen?? coz i wun be staying i hong kong. my hotel is shangri la in shen zhen. n does anyone know how to go to KWS from my location?? will i have any problems crossing back to shen zhen if i get the kits rom hongkong?
Hi Pipi,
If you're staying in Shenzhen then just cross the border at Luohu with the train heading for YauMaTei or Mongkok Station. You will have to switch trains along the way though! Once out from these stations, its just a short walk to KWS, better to grab a Free Map/Booklet before you pass the border bridge.
Most shops do not open before 1pm so don't head over to HK too early! It normally takes 35minutes from Shenzhen to KWS and make sure you get back to the border before the last train service ends!
Lastly, you will have no problems bringing back your R/C stuff into Shenzhen, i've done so in the past, even carting back complete R/C Hauler Bags filled to the brim with r/c cars and equipment.

Lastly, you have to make sure that before you cross the border into HK, you have a Multiple Entry Visa so that you can get back into China. Most people are just issued Single Entry Visa's so once they exit China,they've used up their Visa and will have to re-apply another. Be careful about this!
You can PM me for further info if needed
Old 05-09-2010, 02:13 AM
Tech Regular

Hi Pipi,
If you're staying in Shenzhen then just cross the border at Luohu with the train heading for YauMaTei or Mongkok Station. You will have to switch trains along the way though! Once out from these stations, its just a short walk to KWS, better to grab a Free Map/Booklet before you pass the border bridge.
Most shops do not open before 1pm so don't head over to HK too early! It normally takes 35minutes from Shenzhen to KWS and make sure you get back to the border before the last train service ends!
Lastly, you will have no problems bringing back your R/C stuff into Shenzhen, i've done so in the past, even carting back complete R/C Hauler Bags filled to the brim with r/c cars and equipment.

Lastly, you have to make sure that before you cross the border into HK, you have a Multiple Entry Visa so that you can get back into China. Most people are just issued Single Entry Visa's so once they exit China,they've used up their Visa and will have to re-apply another. Be careful about this!
You can PM me for further info if needed
Oh... Thanks Infinity. regarding the multiple entry pass i'm a singaporean i dun think i need tat rite?? So is it tat i take a train over to hongkong can already? or do i still need to take ferry to cross the border??wad r the big brands there??? i'm looking for hiro seiko steering wheels for Ko propo. is there any other brands tat produce aloy steering???
Old 05-09-2010, 09:36 AM
Tech Regular

Hi PiPi,
You better check your Visa which was issued by the China Embassy first! If its stated SINGLE entry then once you leave Shenzhen into HK, your Visa is no longer valid for re-entry. If you haven't got your visa yet then ask or pay for one that is MULTIPLE entry.
If you have not heard of the r/c shops or variety in KWS then you'd be shocked to see the amount of stuff and brands they have! The shops in KWS have the BEST PRICES in the R/C world!!!! Way cheaper than Singapore,Malaysia or Thailand!
Lastly, you can get almost 95% of every r/c item in KWS

p.s Hiro Seiki wheels and adapters are available at Harmony Model. Great Variety of wheels and Disc Brakes as he is the distributor of Hiro Seiki in HK.
Just make sure you bring enough cash as there are tooooooo many r/c items to buy in KWS!!!!
Old 05-09-2010, 09:46 AM
Tech Regular

Oh... Thanks Infinity. regarding the multiple entry pass i'm a singaporean i dun think i need tat rite?? So is it tat i take a train over to hongkong can already? or do i still need to take ferry to cross the border??wad r the big brands there??? i'm looking for hiro seiko steering wheels for Ko propo. is there any other brands tat produce aloy steering???
No, you don't need to take a ferry as crossing from Shenzhen Luohu Immigration into HK is just a very short walk across a covered air-conditioned bridge. Once you get across the bridge you will enter HK Immigration. Upon clearing immigration, you immediately walk into the train station(same as MRT). Buy your ticket after confirming which station you'd be getting off then enjoy the 35 minute ride. Make sure you pick up the free booklet from one of the counters after you clear Luohu immigration as it has the train station map of all the stops. If you're still unsure of how to get to Yau Ma Tei station, just ask any of the ticket counter staff, they speak english. And once you get to KWS, always check around for prices first as all the shops are just a few steps away from each other. If you want an item, ask for the best price but please do not lowball as most of these shops are already retailing at very low profit margins! Be a nice customer and you will find that they will treat you better.
Old 05-09-2010, 03:53 PM
Tech Regular

No, you don't need to take a ferry as crossing from Shenzhen Luohu Immigration into HK is just a very short walk across a covered air-conditioned bridge. Once you get across the bridge you will enter HK Immigration. Upon clearing immigration, you immediately walk into the train station(same as MRT). Buy your ticket after confirming which station you'd be getting off then enjoy the 35 minute ride. Make sure you pick up the free booklet from one of the counters after you clear Luohu immigration as it has the train station map of all the stops. If you're still unsure of how to get to Yau Ma Tei station, just ask any of the ticket counter staff, they speak english. And once you get to KWS, always check around for prices first as all the shops are just a few steps away from each other. If you want an item, ask for the best price but please do not lowball as most of these shops are already retailing at very low profit margins! Be a nice customer and you will find that they will treat you better.
Thanks Infinity. This is my first trip to hongkong. So I've got no idea abt the shops there. Thanks for the so much info. I dun think a singaporean need a visa to get into shenzhen. So I think I do not have a visa. Hm.. As u've said above they allow to further discount? How r the prices there compare to their websites? Maybe take rcmart for example? Is it a big difference? Haha. Juz wanna know how much to set my budget there. Definitely will burn a hole in my pocket if I go there. Gonna think of wad I need first. Besides hiro seiko wad other brands do they carry? SQUARE? Hm... Sounds like a shopping spree for me.
Old 05-09-2010, 05:37 PM
Tech Master

You might be looking at around HKD800-1000 i guess. I would not guarantee that they would last or have problems though!
thanks! any shops that have 1/8 offroad buggy parts and accessories? mostly electric on road in HK right?
Old 05-09-2010, 09:34 PM
VTR
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Thanks Infinity. This is my first trip to hongkong. So I've got no idea abt the shops there. Thanks for the so much info. I dun think a singaporean need a visa to get into shenzhen. So I think I do not have a visa. Hm.. As u've said above they allow to further discount? How r the prices there compare to their websites? Maybe take rcmart for example? Is it a big difference? Haha. Juz wanna know how much to set my budget there. Definitely will burn a hole in my pocket if I go there. Gonna think of wad I need first. Besides hiro seiko wad other brands do they carry? SQUARE? Hm... Sounds like a shopping spree for me.
u can try to lower abit off the price, but not too much, as the prices are already a huge off from SG... dun take rcmart as a example, their price is slightly higher. depending on wat u looking to get, ur budget can range from SGD500 to over SGD1K... let mi knw wat u looking for, mebbe i can help u since i juz came bk last week...

Originally Posted by ganymede
thanks! any shops that have 1/8 offroad buggy parts and accessories? mostly electric on road in HK right?
ya, u r rite, they dun carry much 1/8 stuffs, or off-rd ... HK is mainly on-road ... heli ...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.