Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Help for New Racer

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2017, 05:17 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Help for New Racer

Hi all, I'd like to get into RC car racing (club), but have no idea where to start. Any help on 1/8 off-road tracks around the Atlanta area and a local support network would be appreciated.

Some background. I used to race full scale motorcycles (road track) for about 12 years. After we had kids, as predicted, the wife said it was time for the bikes to go. I'm also an RC car addict, but only a basher. Naturally, I'm looking to get my racing fix by racing RC. I've been watching the "Come Drive With Us" racing videos on YouTube, and I'm absolutely taken with them.

What I'd really like is some track time first, without racing to get some practice and. Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks!
Old 02-21-2017, 06:55 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Please check out the GA TRack Master List check out the sites / facebook pages and go watch a club race or other event and start some conversations. Most racers enjoy helping a new racer getting up to speed.
Old 02-22-2017, 02:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Quantumfield
Hi all, I'd like to get into RC car racing (club), but have no idea where to start. Any help on 1/8 off-road tracks around the Atlanta area and a local support network would be appreciated.

Some background. I used to race full scale motorcycles (road track) for about 12 years. After we had kids, as predicted, the wife said it was time for the bikes to go. I'm also an RC car addict, but only a basher. Naturally, I'm looking to get my racing fix by racing RC. I've been watching the "Come Drive With Us" racing videos on YouTube, and I'm absolutely taken with them.

What I'd really like is some track time first, without racing to get some practice and. Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks!
There are 2 1/8 scale off road tracks in the Atlanta area = Loganville RC and HCRCR in McDonough. Both have websites and they are both on Facebook too. HCRCR races the 2nd Saturday of each month and Loganville RC post their racing schedule on their website. Both tracks run both nitro and electric 1/8 scale buggy and truggy.

Locally there is a really good bunch of racers that will be glad to help you out. I suggest that you visit the tracks and see what type of equipment is being run so that you can make a decision about what you want to run - nitro, electric, buggy, or truggy.

Lee
Old 02-22-2017, 04:05 PM
Tech Rookie

Thanks so much for the quick responses and great information. I'll get to the track soon to start making connections and pointed in the right direction!
Old 02-23-2017, 03:27 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Southern Off rd series

Thanks so much for the quick responses and great information. I'll get to the track soon to start making connections and pointed in the right direction!
Come check out this race series at Loganville RC track. Practice march 17th and racing march 18th all day. One of the bigger events in Ga. 100 plus racers attend. You would get a very good idea of what to buy.
Old 02-23-2017, 04:12 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Kcgregory3
Come check out this race series at Loganville RC track. Practice march 17th and racing march 18th all day. One of the bigger events in Ga. 100 plus racers attend. You would get a very good idea of what to buy.
Awesome! I'll be there!
Old 02-23-2017, 04:30 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Henry County RC track

Awesome! I'll be there!
They have a race March 11th. Track is south of Atlanta down 75 south.
Old 02-23-2017, 05:41 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kcgregory3
They have a race March 11th. Track is south of Atlanta down 75 south.
Where you been Kevin?
You missed the last few races and I need somebody to woop on..
Old 02-23-2017, 05:48 AM
Tech Initiate

Default You don't want none

Originally Posted by colormegone
Where you been Kevin?
You missed the last few races and I need somebody to woop on..
Been a busy start of the year at work. See ya on the 18th for a butt whooping.🏋️*♀️