R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Georgia Racing

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-21-2017, 05:17 PM   #1
Tech Rookie
 
Quantumfield's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Atlanta, GA, USA
Posts: 15
Default Help for New Racer

Hi all, I'd like to get into RC car racing (club), but have no idea where to start. Any help on 1/8 off-road tracks around the Atlanta area and a local support network would be appreciated.

Some background. I used to race full scale motorcycles (road track) for about 12 years. After we had kids, as predicted, the wife said it was time for the bikes to go. I'm also an RC car addict, but only a basher. Naturally, I'm looking to get my racing fix by racing RC. I've been watching the "Come Drive With Us" racing videos on YouTube, and I'm absolutely taken with them.

What I'd really like is some track time first, without racing to get some practice and. Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks!
Quantumfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 06:55 PM   #2
Regional Moderator
 
cptxaggie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Canton, GA
Posts: 1,186
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Please check out the GA TRack Master List check out the sites / facebook pages and go watch a club race or other event and start some conversations. Most racers enjoy helping a new racer getting up to speed.
cptxaggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 02:06 PM   #3
Tech Master
 
Winner's Circle's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Atlanta, Georgia USA
Posts: 1,153
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantumfield View Post
Hi all, I'd like to get into RC car racing (club), but have no idea where to start. Any help on 1/8 off-road tracks around the Atlanta area and a local support network would be appreciated.

Some background. I used to race full scale motorcycles (road track) for about 12 years. After we had kids, as predicted, the wife said it was time for the bikes to go. I'm also an RC car addict, but only a basher. Naturally, I'm looking to get my racing fix by racing RC. I've been watching the "Come Drive With Us" racing videos on YouTube, and I'm absolutely taken with them.

What I'd really like is some track time first, without racing to get some practice and. Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks!
There are 2 1/8 scale off road tracks in the Atlanta area = Loganville RC and HCRCR in McDonough. Both have websites and they are both on Facebook too. HCRCR races the 2nd Saturday of each month and Loganville RC post their racing schedule on their website. Both tracks run both nitro and electric 1/8 scale buggy and truggy.

Locally there is a really good bunch of racers that will be glad to help you out. I suggest that you visit the tracks and see what type of equipment is being run so that you can make a decision about what you want to run - nitro, electric, buggy, or truggy.

Lee
__________________
Lee Muse
[email protected]
Kyosho ST-RR, Kyosho MP9, Murnan Modified Engines
Winner's Circle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 04:05 PM   #4
Tech Rookie
 
Quantumfield's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Atlanta, GA, USA
Posts: 15
Default

Thanks so much for the quick responses and great information. I'll get to the track soon to start making connections and pointed in the right direction!
Quantumfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 03:27 AM   #5
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Buford, Ga.
Posts: 23
Default Southern Off rd series

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantumfield View Post
Thanks so much for the quick responses and great information. I'll get to the track soon to start making connections and pointed in the right direction!
Come check out this race series at Loganville RC track. Practice march 17th and racing march 18th all day. One of the bigger events in Ga. 100 plus racers attend. You would get a very good idea of what to buy.
Kcgregory3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 04:12 AM   #6
Tech Rookie
 
Quantumfield's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Atlanta, GA, USA
Posts: 15
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kcgregory3 View Post
Come check out this race series at Loganville RC track. Practice march 17th and racing march 18th all day. One of the bigger events in Ga. 100 plus racers attend. You would get a very good idea of what to buy.
Awesome! I'll be there!
Quantumfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 04:30 AM   #7
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Buford, Ga.
Posts: 23
Default Henry County RC track

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantumfield View Post
Awesome! I'll be there!
They have a race March 11th. Track is south of Atlanta down 75 south.
Kcgregory3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 05:41 AM   #8
Tech Adept
 
colormegone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Lake Oconee
Posts: 207
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kcgregory3 View Post
They have a race March 11th. Track is south of Atlanta down 75 south.
Where you been Kevin?
You missed the last few races and I need somebody to woop on..
colormegone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 05:48 AM   #9
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Buford, Ga.
Posts: 23
Default You don't want none

Quote:
Originally Posted by colormegone View Post
Where you been Kevin?
You missed the last few races and I need somebody to woop on..
Been a busy start of the year at work. See ya on the 18th for a butt whooping.🏋️*♀️
Kcgregory3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RCTECH's TOP 10 RULES for Racing Etiquette Wild Cherry Electric Off-Road 52 06-01-2012 01:13 AM
Intrest in a new indoor onroad track in North East GA (Braselton Area) jemavk Georgia Racing 31 04-10-2012 01:42 PM
Anyone want to help a new guy get started in the RC World? Prozak Electric On-Road 10 10-13-2006 07:21 PM
Trasmitter Set up for new Driver imjonah Electric On-Road 16 01-31-2004 08:44 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 01:43 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net