Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OK GUYS I NEED YOUR HELP, TO SPREAD THE WORD ABOUT HOT SHOTS

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2015, 04:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default OK GUYS I NEED YOUR HELP, TO SPREAD THE WORD ABOUT HOT SHOTS

HEY GUYS, for the past two days I have worked on the track at Hot Shots for about 12 hours.
First I swept the entire track up under the black pipe along the edges of the track and infield as well, filled up 4 wheelbarrows load of loose dirt.

Patched all the holes, and there were a lot of holes, soaked parts of the track went home got the wacker packer and flatten out the track at all the corners.

Blew off the track, then wet it let it dry and put down several gallons of water and Elmers Glue sprayed the entire track including the infield.

Opps I got to go will finish this thread in a couple hours

Carl Knight
Old 07-07-2015, 04:53 PM
Tech Master

Thumbs up HotShnot

BING - we can call it HotShnot
Old 07-07-2015, 05:13 PM
Tech Master

Sounds like traction is going to be very high on wednesday!
Old 07-07-2015, 06:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

Sorry about that Guys, now all that said in the above post. I need your help spreading the word (facebook and other social media) about the current track at Hot Shots, being certainly dust free and the traction should be out of this world.

I ran on it tonight it was dry but still had a little dampness to it, can't wait to see what it's like tomorrow morning and should be 100% by opening time Weds.

This is the last race of the Wicked Weds Series Race, it is a points series but you can still come even if your not in the series it won't mess up the standings.

I have gone out on a limb again to say this track prep should put everyone at a hole new racing level, this is the best most of you guys have ever seen this track. Hell it's the best I have ever seen it! An oh yeah NO DUST!!!!

So go ahead and clean you tote bags and chargers, pit mats cause they will stay clean now.

See you tomorrow at the track, thanks for your help! Carl Knight
Old 07-07-2015, 06:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by JustWill75
Sounds like traction is going to be very high on wednesday!
Yeah I think you are right Will but it just drives fast, steering and traction working together, you going to be there? Carl
Old 07-08-2015, 07:12 AM
Tech Initiate

Dang, I'm pumped for super grippy action but I just got done casting a new tread pattern I was hoping to try out once it got dusty

Slicks all around it is!
Old 07-08-2015, 08:01 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Hey Carl!! First...and as always, THANK YOU for all the work you do on that track. We appreciate you maintaining it and keeping it 'new'. I'm really liking the new layout!!

I'll be bringing the Novice Crew out there Friday for Round #3 of the Summer Novice Series. Got 5 novices coming with me along with my older son and me running SCT's!

Y'all have fun tonight and we'll see you Friday.
Old 07-12-2015, 11:16 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

I'll be back at the track on the following Wednesday...Work has been really busy! Carl, post a pic if you can.
Old 07-12-2015, 08:22 PM
Tech Rookie

Traction is awesome. What a difference water with some glue in it can make.

Thanks Carl.
Old 07-13-2015, 07:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

Ok here we go into week two trying out the new glue concept, I went over to Hot Shots today and swept and blew off any and all dust the was on the track, under the pipe and on the infield.. Watered the infield and outside edges of the track, the groove was left dry, tomorrow I plan to go over and spray 5 gals of glue on the track and infield.

I noticed today whenI got to the track it was dried out and had some dust on it the infield was dusty too. So glue alone will not keep the track in good racing condition, SO after Wicked Weds Night Racing say Thursday night I plan to wet the track a little to see how the water pentrates the glued surface, so there is still some testing going on but this Weds night will have a track that has a wide dried groove and damp edges, both covered with glue.
I'm hoping this techique will keep the track fast and the dust down even better than just gluing the track.

I will let you know when I get the glue down tomorrow.

See you Weds Night, Carl knight
Old 07-14-2015, 06:05 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bigtowck
Ok here we go into week two trying out the new glue concept, I went over to Hot Shots today and swept and blew off any and all dust the was on the track, under the pipe and on the infield.. Watered the infield and outside edges of the track, the groove was left dry, tomorrow I plan to go over and spray 5 gals of glue on the track and infield.

I noticed today whenI got to the track it was dried out and had some dust on it the infield was dusty too. So glue alone will not keep the track in good racing condition, SO after Wicked Weds Night Racing say Thursday night I plan to wet the track a little to see how the water pentrates the glued surface, so there is still some testing going on but this Weds night will have a track that has a wide dried groove and damp edges, both covered with glue.
I'm hoping this techique will keep the track fast and the dust down even better than just gluing the track.

I will let you know when I get the glue down tomorrow.

See you Weds Night, Carl knight

Hey here's a thought, how about the three people that work at HS chip in and do a little maintenance and at least water the track. Carl you shouldn't be the only one doing routine track maintenance. Three people and no one can pick up a hose?
Old 07-14-2015, 02:53 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default I was thinking the same‼️

+1. ^^^^
Old 07-14-2015, 03:29 PM
Tech Master

Old 07-14-2015, 03:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Jmuck69
Hey here's a thought, how about the three people that work at HS chip in and do a little maintenance and at least water the track. Carl you shouldn't be the only one doing routine track maintenance. Three people and no one can pick up a hose?
They do sometimes, I like to make sure and I also learn to make the track the best it can be, I know when you were here last time there were some holes in the groove, I had been out of town for a few days so things got a little out of hand as far as no track maintenance goes.
Fixing holes and cracks are not easy or fast that's why I didn't try to fix them that night.
Thanks for the shout out though, maybe we can work out a watering schedule, but now because of the glue I want to water it to see what happens, not sure if it will just run off or find holes and soak in.
Thanks again, Carl
Old 07-14-2015, 04:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

Ok on a different note, Brad called me today at 5:30pm and said he was shocked how good the track looked, he said "IT LOOKS LIKE NEW", now I don't know what that means but it does look AWESOME!!!!

I went over today and sprayed the 5 gals of glue, and it does look shiny and super fast, I'm going back over tonight and do some art work on the track, redo the starting grid, stuff like that.

I hope Latney and Chris have got the New Hot Shots Fast Lap Board ready,
because I know for sure every race that runs tomorrow night will break their own track record.

An I will bet twenty buck with anybody that 2wd hits the 19 second lap pace.
Well let me think about that bet, Shon and Dusty and Jason will sandbag just to get the money, so forget the twenty dollar bet.

Let me say I'm sure they will break all track records.

Can't wait come on out an have some fun see you Guys tomorrow, Carl

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.