Is a driver figure required for VTA?
Yes it is.
Old 10-01-2013, 09:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Old 10-08-2013, 01:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Thanks to MyLaps for sponsoring the Duel this year!
Old 10-14-2013, 11:37 AM
Tech Master

ATTN RACERS: Please bring power strip, extension cord, chair, and table(if you have the room as we have a few tables).
Old 10-14-2013, 11:47 AM
Tech Master

BIG THANKS TO ALL OF OUR SPONSORS:

Sweep Racing
SXT
SpeedKingz Racing
Team Associated
My Laps

Also want to thank Anthony at Hellagraffix for the great trophies!
Old 10-17-2013, 12:03 PM
Tech Master

Saturday Schedule :

Doors open at 7am
Controlled Practice 8am-10am (15 minutes per class)
End signups and drivers meeting 10am
Racing starts at 10:30am

Awards:
TC and VTA Duel Champion
1-3 for 1/12
1-5 for Sportsman
1-8 and TQ for VTA and TC
Old 10-17-2013, 12:51 PM
zpg
Tech Adept

Looking forward to it!
Old 10-18-2013, 04:19 PM
Tech Master

Wow racing starts at 10:30
Old 10-18-2013, 05:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JustWill75
Wow racing starts at 10:30
No one likes driving home at 1:00 or 2:00 a.m..
Old 10-20-2013, 04:47 PM
Tech Master

Thanks to everyone that made the Duel this year!!!!! Great racing all day long. Thanks to our Sponsors for the great giveaways and all the guys that traveled for this Event. I had a blast watching every race!

I will have the results up soon.
Old 10-21-2013, 08:50 AM
Tech Master

Default HOTSHOT RC NEWS......

HOTSHOT RC AT THE CARPET DUEL

The Warehouse Team was at it again with a short trip to Albertville Alabama for the 2013 CARPET DUEL at ONE LUG RC RACEWAY. As usual we were greeted with a warm welcome from familiar faces.

Most of the racers there were with us at the SOUTHERN NATIONALS just last month. The CARPET DUEL is a fast paced 1 day event that is ran on a very smooth and technical short track.

Practice makes perfect so they did have the track open on Friday for the early birds to practice. Then on Saturday at 7:00am the track is opened and ready for open practice before the first round of qualifying at 10:30. Amazingly just like last year Brad, Lil Pete and l cut it close again, arriving a hour before the first qualifier....... LOL. We did not get to practice before the qualifiers but we did try to do our best.

The rest of the WAREHOUSE TEAM were in full effect as most of them did get there on Friday to practice and yes it did pay off.

THE WAREHOUSE TEAM

BRAD G. (OWNER) VTA: TC6.1, TC: TC6.1
LIL PETE VTA: SAKURA 0 TC: SAKURA 0
ALEX V. VTA: TC6.1 TC: TC6.1
WILL S. VTA: TC6.1 TC: TC6.1
BRANDON R. VTA: SPEC R1 1/12: XRAY
DANIEL T. TC: T4 2014 1/12: XRAY
FERNANDO G. * TC: ARC 1/12: SPEED MERCHANT
RC ROB TC: T4 2014

Special guest appearance:

The CARPET DUEL brought out the return of ShaunMac to on-road racing and he put on a great show with a very fast pace in TC with his HOTBODIES ride.

Danny Bracken is one of the original WAREHOUSE TEAM members. He took a break from TC to run off road for TEAM TURTLE TRAX. Driving a loaner car because his T4 2014 was still in delivery, he came here ready to go with a strong A main finish.

Daniel Thornton also took a little break from on road but came back to his very fast and aggressive form for this event. He and the Brandon Radcliff both did great at this event and will be hard to beat next month at the G.O.R.C.with their Xray rides.

*Please note that Fernando is a sponsored TEAM ARC USA driver but is alwayas considered a honorary WAREHOUSE TEAM MEMBER. He is very helpful to us all and gives us the tips we need to get better. Hey ARC USA, you got yourselves a great racer, representative and a great guy.

Melvin Lee was trying to get to this event but his car broke down I route. He will be ready fo action for the G.O.R.C.

The Duel is a very interesting event because it promotes teamwork and a very helpful atmosphere. Racers are paired with each other and each team accumulates points based on finishes. For example, my partnerin VTA was ONE LUG's own, Tristan.

My partner in TC was Fernando............... can you say AWESOME?

This was like a win win for me. Now after points have been sorted out you are placed into a final free for all that takes place after the mains to award the DUEL CHAMP for TC & VTA.

THE MAINS

17.5 TC
Hotshot RC was represented well in the very fast 17.5 TC A main. Fernando, Daniel and Danny made it. ShaunMac also made it in and showed everyone he is a contender. TQ, Fernando was the favorite to win this event. A mid-race uncharacteristic bobble from the TEAM ARC USA racer took him of his TQ pace and allowed ShawnMac to take the lead. The champ regained his composure and opened up a driving clinic as he reeled Shaun in and the took his lead back and the win.

TC Notables: Alex, RC ROB and I were in the B main. The competition was that dang tight at the Duel.

1/12
Hotshot RC was still going strong in this one with Daniel Thornton, Brandon Radcliff and Fernando all in the A Main.
Remember that clinic that I said Fernando opened earlier? Well it was doing double duty here today and was taking all customers today......lol and he took home the 1/12 A main win with Chance in second Fellow WAREHOUSE RACER, Daniel Taking Third.

VTA
The Warehouse Team was still going strong with Brandon Radcliff putting his SPEC R R1 in to the TQ spot.

Alex Varcoe's TC6.1 also looked fast and was also a strong contender. I was sitting sixth on the grid with Lil Pete securing the final spot. A first turn pile up allowed Alex to slip by and never look back as he went on to take the win.

VTA was the largest event of the day with three Heats. One Lug decided to use Roar VTA Rules. This allowed any blinky Speedo and 25.5 motor. I ran fully USVTA and did not feel underpowered in any way. My results were because of my own driver errors.

Duel Champs

Warehouse Team driver, Daniel Thornton secured the 2013 TC Duel Championship

My son, Raykee came out with us to the DUEL to help with footage and to give me a hand with corner marshalling. He also gets a look at competition outside of Georgia. Soon he wil be driving a TC4 in VTA so watch out.

The Hotshot Hard Charger award goes to Lil Pete who in VTA bumped up from the B main to start last in the A main then he finished 4th against a very skilled group of drivers. Good job kid.

Thank you to James and Eric for putting on a great event. Big shoutout goes to the crew at ONE LUG RC RACEWAY. You are all a great group of guys. I thought it was awesome that a XRay T3R was raffled off with the proceeds going to our friend Cooper who is currently in the hospital. Brent you are even more awesome for winning and then working a deal to give even more to Cooper.

Hey Cooper if you read this, I want to let you know we all love you man and hope you get well soon.

We all had fun and as always we look forward to it next year. If you have not been Mark it on your calender as one of the must go to races for next year.

Last edited by JustWill75; 10-21-2013 at 09:50 AM.
Old 10-24-2013, 05:21 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

One lug made it up on red RC! http://www.redrc.net/2013/10/fernand...ge/#more-73022

Thanks Fernando, had a great time dialing in my TC all day. Glad it finally came together for the mains.