Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Georgia Racing
GSC Announcement well said, now let's do something else! >

GSC Announcement well said, now let's do something else!

GSC Announcement well said, now let's do something else!

Old 04-29-2013, 12:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default GSC Announcement well said, now let's do something else!

With the old GCS searies cancelled, let's do it right for Georgia racers let have a series race with all the tracks envolved in the old series.
We could elect a director that does not have a track affiliation but knows the sport inside and out, has a good reputation with most all racers, honest, trustworthy, hard worker, gees if I keep on there won't be any racer that would qualify to this.
Wait I know one guy's name to throw on the wall and see if it sticks,
Mark Moon.
What do you think about having Mark director of a Georgia Super Cup Series
(GSCS).
Ok ya'll run with it.....
Carl Knight
Old 04-29-2013, 01:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Bigtowck
With the old GCS searies cancelled, let's do it right for Georgia racers let have a series race with all the tracks envolved in the old series.
We could elect a director that does not have a track affiliation but knows the sport inside and out, has a good reputation with most all racers, honest, trustworthy, hard worker, gees if I keep on there won't be any racer that would qualify to this.
Wait I know one guy's name to throw on the wall and see if it sticks,
Mark Moon.
What do you think about having Mark director of a Georgia Super Cup Series
(GSCS).
Ok ya'll run with it.....
Carl Knight
I like it. Especially the name! 'Georgia Super Cup Series' - Love it.
And I'll work on getting JConcepts and other sponsors on board, as well.

Great post, Carl
Old 04-29-2013, 01:42 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Sounds good but a serious discussion between all prospective tracks involved will have to be made or the same issues will arise. When you have multiple tracks involved in an on-going series race, scheduling issues WILL happen.

We could have contingency plans in writing if something like that happens that all tracks agree to before the start of the series. I think a contract would map out the schedule and also list alternate dates for make-up races or reschedules. With the dates approved, the tracks involved then could plan their additional races as long as they dont conflict with the race schedule and make-up dates as listed for the series. If the weather looks good as they get closer and/or the series race is run on the originally scheduled date the make-up dates that follow would be available for that tracks club racing. If current issues are not resolved or planned for we are doomed to repeat them.

Justin
Old 04-29-2013, 03:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I vote Carl Knight as our director who's second it!?!?!
Old 04-29-2013, 03:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by synap2012
I vote Carl Knight as our director who's second it!?!?!
No Thanks I'm not available, thanks for the thought . Carl Knight

I liked your ideas I'm sure Mark would listen to all suggestion and see what could be arranged to make sure all tracks are in support and happy with the plan, you know the good thing about Georgia weather is, it stays pretty until Nov and Dec, so maybe this could help with the scheduling,
say for EXAMPLE, the month of May the race will be at HCRC, June Loganville, July Dalton, then Sometimes in May HCRC would schedule the race, same goes with the rest of the tracks, of coarse it would be announced at the begining of the series so every one would know the dates.
If after the tracks summited the dates and there was a problem with that date the director would talk to the track and see what could be worked out to change it to a non-conflicting date anytime in their month.
The bottom line is Georgia Racers deserve an good point series race thoughout the state, let's keep and open mind and try to really make something happen so all us racers can have fun and compete in Georgia and show the region three, Georgia can pick up the ball and run with it.....
Carl Knight
Old 04-29-2013, 03:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I like the way you think Carl. Justin has a great game plan, and with a neutral individual helping set up the majority of the series, along with the cooperation and help from the track directors involved, this could turn out to be a great series that everyone can race.
Old 04-29-2013, 04:01 PM
Tech Initiate

I think gene Samuel would be a good one!
Old 04-29-2013, 06:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Jmuck69
Sounds good but a serious discussion between all prospective tracks involved will have to be made or the same issues will arise. When you have multiple tracks involved in an on-going series race, scheduling issues WILL happen.

We could have contingency plans in writing if something like that happens that all tracks agree to before the start of the series. I think a contract would map out the schedule and also list alternate dates for make-up races or reschedules. With the dates approved, the tracks involved then could plan their additional races as long as they dont conflict with the race schedule and make-up dates as listed for the series. If the weather looks good as they get closer and/or the series race is run on the originally scheduled date the make-up dates that follow would be available for that tracks club racing. If current issues are not resolved or planned for we are doomed to repeat them.

Justin
You are right it will happen again, but it enough racers put their ideas together we can make it happen and have a good time doing it. If there is anything I have learn in business is you learn from your pass mistakes, working together and voicing your opinion is going to be very inportant to this working, but once the dust settles and your idea is not the majority, get over it go with the flow.

I think Gene Samuals would be a great Director as well, my thoughts right off the bat was would he want to, with the mobile hobby shop and job he has an a married man there is only so much a person should try to take on, but that would be up to him to decide on. I know without a doubt he would be needed as a asst to the director to help set up things and keep the scheduling right, plus all the track owners would be needed and expected at the round table, and that way everyone will be agreeing on what is to take place.
I thinking everyone that had an idea would be heard, if we all work together and be a little flexiable. Rc racing is for fun remember that!
Carl Knight
Old 04-29-2013, 09:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (97%+)

Originally Posted by Kingmx818
I think gene Samuel would be a good one!
x2 never had a bad experience racing with them.
Old 04-30-2013, 05:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

First step would see if current track owners even want to stay in the series. My guess is no, but that needs to be asked first. I can't run the series. All my vacation time is gone for other races. I will help if I can however.

Brian
Old 04-30-2013, 06:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

If you folks are so adamant about starting your own series then why don't you run it yourself instead of pawning it off on someone else and you just reap the rewards of getting to race in it? Typical entitlement mentality where someone else does the hard work and you get the benefit. You people obviously have no clue what it takes to run a series . It's dang near a full time job in itself.
Old 04-30-2013, 07:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by hairdog
If you folks are so adamant about starting your own series then why don't you run it yourself instead of pawning it off on someone else and you just reap the rewards of getting to race in it? Typical entitlement mentality where someone else does the hard work and you get the benefit. You people obviously have no clue what it takes to run a series. It's dang near a full time job in itself.
We are not pawning it off on someone else, we are merely putting forward a few different names, who aren't biased to any one track, or organization, that would make a great lead series director - I'm personally volunteering my time and expertise with the graphics, announcements, social media/other media, sponsors, trophies/awards, etc.

And how do you know that 'us people' don't have a clue what it takes to run a series? You'd be quite surprised. Just give it a little bit of time. You won't be disappointed.
Old 04-30-2013, 07:19 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by hairdog
If you folks are so adamant about starting your own series then why don't you run it yourself instead of pawning it off on someone else and you just reap the rewards of getting to race in it? Typical entitlement mentality where someone else does the hard work and you get the benefit. You people obviously have no clue what it takes to run a series . It's dang near a f ull time job in itself.
Not to mention what it personally cost those who are running the show! And maybe luckey to make enough to recover their expenses!

Time lost from family. Time and money lost from work. Time spent on preparing for the events. etc. Like they say "time is money"!

The track owners make enough to pay their expenses for the series races (maybe), but would probably make as much or more with a regular club race.

Like hairdog says, the racers are the real winners here! Or now were the winners!
Old 04-30-2013, 07:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Everyone keeps saying all the negativity is what ruined the GCS. So now that something is trying to be done, you start off negative again. How about making suggestions over trying to say people are incapable? Especially since you have no clue in what is actually going on and who is doing what. Use this energy elsewhere

Last edited by 8drenlnjunkE; 04-30-2013 at 11:21 AM.
Old 04-30-2013, 03:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

I know it's a lot easier to set here and type in my ideas and thoughts, but you got to start some where. Looper made a good point maybe the tracks wouldn't want to have another series, that is a valid question.
I know it's alot of work for the track owners and directors, but if the racers could keep it positive and support hard discisions made by both parties this would make it more rewarding for both parties involved.
I'll tell you the truth i love rc racing and I will support and race anywhere and time I can, so let's keep talking about what could be done and not what has been done.
Carl Knight

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.