Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Georgia Racing
HCRCR-No Guarantees on MRT Transponders working! >

HCRCR-No Guarantees on MRT Transponders working!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HCRCR-No Guarantees on MRT Transponders working!

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2013, 09:53 AM
JP4
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default HCRCR-No Guarantees on MRT Transponders working!

Ok....Here is the Official word from MyLaps. The MRT Transponders will not work on the latest RC4 Decoders. MRT PT's will not count consistently or not count at all. Jimmy Babcock and the Live RC crew has back this up.

MyLaps is offering a $35 trade in on MRT as well as older Mylaps PT"s. Follow link below.

http://www.mylaps.com/index.php/us_e...s/B2C/rc/shop2
Old 02-26-2013, 10:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Good thing I only run MyLaps RC4 Hybrid Transponders!

Old 02-26-2013, 10:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 106 (100%+)

That's a pretty good deal...
Old 02-26-2013, 10:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Problem is you have to ship your current transponder to them and they ship you the new one. It says it could take a up to a month or more to get the new one.
Old 02-26-2013, 10:54 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Rfury
Problem is you have to ship your current transponder to them and they ship you the new one. It says it could take a up to a month or more to get the new one.
Exactly.
Old 02-26-2013, 11:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rfury
I did the trade-in exchange with My Laps and I had the new hybrid unit in my hands in less than a week.

Lee
Old 02-26-2013, 11:15 AM
Tech Elite

Their website now states it could be up to a month when you goto the order page.
Old 02-26-2013, 11:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Winner's Circle
I did the trade-in exchange with My Laps and I had the new hybrid unit in my hands in less than a week.

Lee
I heard the hybrid may not work. This is from the Knoxville track who is thinking about the upgrade. What is the reason for the change? Is it to eliminate the competition? Just curious?

Thanks,
Brian
Old 02-26-2013, 11:27 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by SUPERLOOPER
I heard the hybrid may not work.

Brian
The RC4 and the RC4 Hybrid are the only ones they will work for certain. The old style RC3 are supposed to work as well. The MRT/cloned transponders is the only one they say might not work.

At least this is my understanding.
Old 02-26-2013, 11:39 AM
Tech Elite

You're correct Rich - The RC4 and RC4 Hybrid will both work for sure.

http://www.mylaps.com/index.php/us_e...port?item=7351
Old 02-26-2013, 11:41 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Copied from one of the other threads on this topic

http://www.rctech.net/forum/chat-lou...l#post11860023

Originally Posted by Ed Anderson
Yes all AMBrc / MyLaps transponders work on the rc4 decoder.

Decoder............... Transponders

AMBrc........... AMBrc House TP,. AMB DP,. MRT iPT,. MRT PTX,. MyL rc2,. MyL rc4 (hybrid),. MyL rc4 (purcy)
AMBrc3......... AMBrc House TP,. AMB DP,. MRT iPT,. MRT PTX,. MyL rc2,. MyL rc4 (hybrid),. MyL rc4 (purcy)
MyLaps rc3.... AMBrc House TP,. AMB DP,. MRT iPT,. MRT PTX,. MyL rc2,. MyL rc4 (hybrid),. MyL rc4 (purcy)
MyLaps rc4.... AMBrc House TP,. AMB DP,. MRT iPT,. MRT PTX,. MyL rc2,. MyL rc4 (hybrid),. MyL rc4 (purcy)

Old 02-26-2013, 11:43 AM
Tech Elite

All that said, it is still a good deal on their site and if you can give up your transponders for up to a month I would say to jump on it.
Old 02-26-2013, 11:43 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by youwish16
Copied from one of the other threads on this topic

http://www.rctech.net/forum/chat-lou...l#post11860023
Correction:

Decoder............... Transponders

AMBrc........... AMBrc House TP,. AMB DP,. MRT iPT,. MRT PTX,. MyL rc2,. MyL rc4 (hybrid),. MyL rc4 (purcy)
AMBrc3......... AMBrc House TP,. AMB DP,. MRT iPT,. MRT PTX,. MyL rc2,. MyL rc4 (hybrid),. MyL rc4 (purcy)
MyLaps rc3.... AMBrc House TP,. AMB DP,. MRT iPT,. MRT PTX,. MyL rc2,. MyL rc4 (hybrid),. MyL rc4 (purcy)
MyLaps rc4.... AMBrc House TP,. AMB DP,. MRT iPT,. MRT PTX,. MyL rc2,. MyL rc4 (hybrid),. MyL rc4 (purcy)

Old 02-26-2013, 11:45 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

yea, i failed at quoting it the first time lol
Old 02-26-2013, 12:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SUPERLOOPER
I heard the hybrid may not work. This is from the Knoxville track who is thinking about the upgrade. What is the reason for the change? Is it to eliminate the competition? Just curious?

Thanks,
Brian
The hybrid will work. We are faced with this exact situation. We already have the RC4 decoder since our system is new, but we have not loaded the latest software on the computer. We have been in talk with Battlefield and Dalton also about this. We have 2 guys that did the exchange and they send you the RC4 not the RC4 Hybrid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The RC4 will only work with those that due the latest software update!!!!!!!!!! We are faced with the dilemma of upgrading or not. If we upgrade, we will have 2 RC4 transponders that will work, and have 30 guys that have MRT and they will not work! So right now we are not going to upgrade because 30 people will be out of luck!!!! We have talked to Ed also and even he runs MRT's and does not want to upgrade right now!!!!! So we want to do this in conjunction with other tracks in out area to be consistent.

Right now, we sell the RC4 Hybrid at our track and they will work on all AMB timing systems despite if you have RC2, RC3, or RC4 decoder with the latest software!!!!! They work fine everywhere.

Do not get confused as AMB does not offer a trade-in program for an RC4 hybrid. Only way to get one is buy direct from them for $107, or trade in your current transponder and it is $83. If you paid $35 then you have the RC4 which will only work if a track is running the latest software and RC4 decoder. To the best of my knowledge, there is only about 5 tracks in the USA that have done the upgrade and MRT will not work!!!! They will count a few laps in practice, but can not use them to race with.

Just because you have an RC4 decoder does not mean you have the latest software, so check and make sure you have/ or do not have the latest software installed..... If you have paid $330 in the last couple months to upgrade you have it, if not you are still running the latest software.

Hope all this makes sense and I have talked to a ton of people and been studying this the last 2 weeks to figure out what Knoxville needs to do and these are my conclusions, and I came to the same conclusion as Jamey Powell and HCRCR!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.