Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Georgia Racing
HCRCR-No Guarantees on MRT Transponders working! >

HCRCR-No Guarantees on MRT Transponders working!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HCRCR-No Guarantees on MRT Transponders working!

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2013, 04:31 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

http://www.mylaps.com/index.php/us_e...s/B2C/rc/shop2

When I go to there site it shows the hybrids and the rc4 to only have 2 wires. Only one version has the three. So I guess nobody can tell?!?
Old 02-26-2013, 04:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Old school in the house!!!

Originally Posted by Rfury
These old school transponders will continue to work as well.

I still use these. I have 2 of them.
Old 02-26-2013, 05:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 106 (100%+)

these are the ones i use as well. hopefully they still work everywhere
Old 02-26-2013, 05:19 PM
JP4
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The AMB/MyLaps PT's will work fine on RC4 Decoders. MRT will NOT work.

RC4(3 wire) RC4 Hybrid (2 wire) According to MyLaps eventually the RC4 Hybrids(2 wire) will be discontinued.
Old 02-26-2013, 05:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by xrayvision
http://www.mylaps.com/index.php/us_e...s/B2C/rc/shop2

When I go to there site it shows the hybrids and the rc4 to only have 2 wires. Only one version has the three. So I guess nobody can tell?!?
Actually if you look at the RC4 in the top left, and the picture in the top middle, it is the same picture and same transponder. The white wire is visible lower down in the center pic and is just cut off on the top left one.

Either way, if you have one in your hand, 2 wire = hybrid, 3 wire = RC4.

Not trying to argue, but people are making such a big deal about this and causing needless panic.
Old 02-26-2013, 05:47 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

At the DNC, I know some guys that had some problems with the MRTs. Joey from the dirt lended/rented out some transponders. I'm running the older RC4 transponders and had no problems what so ever.

Eddy
Old 02-27-2013, 04:05 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Whats the point?

Why upgrade at all? Looks to me like its going to cause issues and cost people more money. What are the benefits to the upgrade? If all of the transponders work now why bother. Just leave them all as is and lets keep it moving.
Old 02-27-2013, 04:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by simptek
Why upgrade at all? Looks to me like its going to cause issues and cost people more money. What are the benefits to the upgrade? If all of the transponders work now why bother. Just leave them all as is and lets keep it moving.
+1 sounds crazy to update, there will be alot of upset racers!!!
Old 02-27-2013, 04:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Thumbs down

I agree somewhat.. However, did you even bother to read any of the thread?
Your questions are answered, plain as day, if you would have read over the thread.

Cliff notes: The upgrade is to combat the clone wars, per say. And the reason for the upgrade here locally, is that they'll eventually have to anyway, so why not?

I had thousands of dollars worth of brushed motors, a couple comm lathes, sub-C batteries, equalizers, discharge boards, that I all painstakingly physically did work, on myself. I take a small hiatus from RC, come back and those technologies are no longer competitive.. Instead, there was the advent of LiPo batteries, where building your batteries yourself, and taking very calculated care of them, were a thing of the past.. There was brushless motors, where keeping your brushed motors performing at their peak, was essential for staying competitive on the track, which was also a thing of the past.

Now, why did those technologies change? To better our hobby and to better the industry... One thing at a time. This is essentially part of the hobby.. As is our world. You go buy the latest and greatest computer, and by the time you get home with it, there always seems to be something better that just came out, that essentially dates your hardware. Lol, okay, maybe not that soon, but you get the idea.. Long story short, I know that an upgrade to the RC4 system for tracks, might bottleneck some racers with older transponders, but hey... Man up and get a new one. I did my homework last year, when getting back into the hobby after my little hiatus, and I got what I knew would work, given the ultimate changes that were to be made in the transponder systems. Part of being a consumer.. Now if you bought them 5 years ago, and have to buy new ones to keep up with the times, okay, that's also part of being a consumer. Cowboy up!

Old 02-27-2013, 04:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 106 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JP4
RC4(3 wire) RC4 Hybrid (2 wire) According to MyLaps eventually the RC4 Hybrids(2 wire) will be discontinued.

But the hybrids will still work everywhere correct?

Also from what I heard, the RC4 (3wire) won't work with some of the systems until they are updated...?
Old 02-27-2013, 05:19 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by weavty1
I agree somewhat.. However, did you even bother to read any of the thread?
Your questions are answered, plain as day, if you would have read over the thread.

Cliff notes: The upgrade is to combat the clone wars, per say. And the reason for the upgrade here locally, is that they'll eventually have to anyway, so why not?

I had thousands of dollars worth of brushed motors, a couple comm lathes, sub-C batteries, equalizers, discharge boards, that I all painstakingly physically did work, on myself. I take a small hiatus from RC, come back and those technologies are no longer competitive.. Instead, there was the advent of LiPo batteries, where building your batteries yourself, and taking very calculated care of them, were a thing of the past.. There was brushless motors, where keeping your brushed motors performing at their peak, was essential for staying competitive on the track, which was also a thing of the past.

Now, why did those technologies change? To better our hobby and to better the industry... One thing at a time. This is essentially part of the hobby.. As is our world. You go buy the latest and greatest computer, and by the time you get home with it, there always seems to be something better that just came out, that essentially dates your hardware. Lol, okay, maybe not that soon, but you get the idea.. Long story short, I know that an upgrade to the RC4 system for tracks, might bottleneck some racers with older transponders, but hey... Man up and get a new one. I did my homework last year, when getting back into the hobby after my little hiatus, and I got what I knew would work, given the ultimate changes that were to be made in the transponder systems. Part of being a consumer.. Now if you bought them 5 years ago, and have to buy new ones to keep up with the times, okay, that's also part of being a consumer. Cowboy up!

I do not agree with you here. No offense but advancements are great ie we use to ride horses and now we drive cars. But this does not seem to be the case of advancement as much as it is to snuff out the competition. It's a figure of capitalism at its best.
What is better about the rc4? You can track your results online, most track operators are happy to give you a copy. You say man up and buy one, what if you brought a product into my store and I said well you can't really use this one anymore, there is nothing wrong with it we just want you to spend $x.xx dollars so we can bring the competitor down. Some people don't have the money to man up. Some are barely hanging on to this competitive sport by there fingernails and can't afford to support amb in there journey to snuff out the little man.
The other thing people are not seeing is the double charge, buy the rc4 hybrid for trade value and then in six months when we force everyone to upgrade then the hybrid maybe no good and the rc4 will be the only working transponder.
Does this seem fair? Why don't you man up and sponsor a racer that can't afford one?
Think about this if mrt can build a transponder that runs on the same software for a lot cheaper, why can't amb? I know there is a research and development team and prototypes they have to be built, but mrt has to the same to make it work. Much like there is a option in motors and batteries we have no choice at this point in which to buy. When I go in my lhs there is still nicad batteries, there are still brushed motors, hell he has a standard rotorary style esc. My point is in every advancement we have an option that regulates the price.
Did you notice the amb use to be 120.00$ until the mrt cam on the seen and lowered there price, what do you think the price will be this time next year when amb is the only one selling this pt and software and they have no competition which means you have no choice. So man up and support capatilism.
This is not personal towards you just look at the bigger picture. Look at this as competition levels the pricing field.

Scott Ross
Old 02-27-2013, 05:24 AM
JP4
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Yes the RC4 Hybrid (2 wire) will work at all tracl running a MyLaps decoder.
Old 02-27-2013, 06:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

After the update any AMB or Mylaps transponder is still supposed to work its only the MRT's that wont. AMB is going to stop selling the Hybrid transponders and only sell the RC4 transponders, the rc4 transponders (not they hybrids) will ONLY work on the new RC4 system so eventually tracks will have to change or people who buy new transponders wont be able to count, that is why eventually tracks will have to upgrade.

You can trade in your transponder for the $38.50 (mylaps is in GA so they have to charge you sales tax) and get the RC4 that only works on the new system or for $88 and change (I dont remember what it was) you can get one of the hybrid transponders as an upgrade. The regular price of the transponders is better than $100 new now for the hybrids and around $90 for the RC4, what transponder do you think new people will buy not knowing that the hybrid is the one they need to count at every track? eventually this will force the upgrade. Also any new tracks will be running the RC4 system so racers will have to have an AMB or Mylaps transponder to work there and the whole point of running AMB systems is one transponder to work everywhere.

I have no doubt that eventually MRT will come up with a new transponder though eventually
Old 02-27-2013, 06:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by LMRacing
After the update any AMB or Mylaps transponder is still supposed to work its only the MRT's that wont. AMB is going to stop selling the Hybrid transponders and only sell the RC4 transponders, the rc4 transponders (not they hybrids) will ONLY work on the new RC4 system so eventually tracks will have to change or people who buy new transponders wont be able to count, that is why eventually tracks will have to upgrade.

You can trade in your transponder for the $38.50 (mylaps is in GA so they have to charge you sales tax) and get the RC4 that only works on the new system or for $88 and change (I dont remember what it was) you can get one of the hybrid transponders as an upgrade. The regular price of the transponders is better than $100 new now for the hybrids and around $90 for the RC4, what transponder do you think new people will buy not knowing that the hybrid is the one they need to count at every track? eventually this will force the upgrade. Also any new tracks will be running the RC4 system so racers will have to have an AMB or Mylaps transponder to work there and the whole point of running AMB systems is one transponder to work everywhere.

I have no doubt that eventually MRT will come up with a new transponder though eventually
VERY good point, Adam. Much agreed!!
Old 02-27-2013, 07:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Because ROAR events are mandating that tracks run the new system at their events so tracks will be changing. The new transponders are cheaper ($90 vs $108), have more functionality (ambient temp and voltage) and can more easily give users their lap times through the website.

Originally Posted by ae-Dan
+1 sounds crazy to update, there will be alot of upset racers!!!
There were/are a lot of upset racers due to every change. Brushed to brushless, handout transponders to AMB, even stock to mod racing. The only thing guaranteed in RC (and life) is doing something will piss someone off, and doing nothing will also piss someone off.

Originally Posted by rednck21
But the hybrids will still work everywhere correct?

Also from what I heard, the RC4 (3wire) won't work with some of the systems until they are updated...?
Correct, Hybrids work on new and old, and will be the best choice for the time being as you can run them everywhere. You do not get the new RC4 features, but you can run on all tracks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.