TAPS INDOOR RED CLAY RACEWAY HOSTING RACE 6 OF THE WINTER SERIES FEB 23RD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TAPS INDOOR RED CLAY RACEWAY HOSTING RACE 6 OF THE WINTER SERIES FEB 23RD

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2013, 04:52 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default TAPS INDOOR RED CLAY RACEWAY HOSTING RACE 6 OF THE WINTER SERIES FEB 23RD

Here we go again it seems like this series is flying by it's race 6 of the 8 race series this Saturday the 23rd, track opens at 8:30am, Bring your green barcodes v2 and you'll be hooked up.
The track is really getting faster and faster, I feel sure the track record will be broken this weekend if the track is anything like it was this past Friday, it was wet and it was fast!
Carl Knight
Old 02-17-2013, 05:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

If the weather does not change, I will be there to shake down the RB6.
Old 02-17-2013, 05:16 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bigtowck
Here we go again it seems like this series is flying by it's race 6 of the 8 race series this Saturday the 23rd, track opens at 8:30am, Bring your green barcodes v2 and you'll be hooked up.
The track is really getting faster and faster, I feel sure the track record will be broken this weekend if the track is anything like it was this past Friday, it was wet and it was fast!
Carl Knight
How I like it, fast and wet!

Where are the latest points standing posted?
Old 02-17-2013, 06:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Track record was broken just not the fastest lap. Both shon and myself beat the previous 32 @ 8:08 pace the last round. The fast lap of 14.4 is still undocumentedly beaten but I've had a 14.6 as well as a few other fast laps that are the same or closer. My goal is to beat the 14.4 and get 33 in the main.
Old 02-17-2013, 06:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 106 (100%+)

Going to try to make it to this points race. Hopefully be able to run stadium truck again!!
Old 02-18-2013, 08:52 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Jmuck69
How I like it, fast and wet!

Where are the latest points standing posted?
I was thinking you might like that most people do! Carl
Old 02-18-2013, 08:57 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by 8drenlnjunkE
Track record was broken just not the fastest lap. Both shon and myself beat the previous 32 @ 8:08 pace the last round. The fast lap of 14.4 is still undocumentedly beaten but I've had a 14.6 as well as a few other fast laps that are the same or closer. My goal is to beat the 14.4 and get 33 in the main.
Yeah Kevin I just threw that in the quote I was not sure what the numbers were, but friday night Justin had a 14.6, I had a 14.7 I can't remember what Blane had but it was right there as well, you missed a great track, I ran Aka's, Justin ran Jconcepts, I think Blane ran Jconcepts as well, it was hooked up.
Note to Tinker: Please prep the track the same way this race as you did last Friday night race!Carl Knight
Old 02-18-2013, 09:01 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by rednck21
Going to try to make it to this points race. Hopefully be able to run stadium truck again!!
I had a great time with the stadium truck too, I'll bring mine again shoot for $5.00 why not! Your truck sure looked good I hope catch you this time.
Carl Knight
Old 02-18-2013, 09:06 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Rfury
If the weather does not change, I will be there to shake down the RB6.
THAT SOUNDS GREAT, First RB6 on the Taps Raceway, the weather should bring in a good crowd this weekend rain Friday and Sat morning, it's hard for the ground to dry out in the winter time.
BUT, if Tinker preps the track like he did for Friday nights race, there's no way I'd go any where else unless I was running nitro.
The 1/8 scales were really flying, Taps has a full heat of every class just about, so no matter what you bring you will have others to run with you.
Old 02-18-2013, 10:19 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Bigtowck
THAT SOUNDS GREAT, First RB6 on the Taps Raceway, the weather should bring in a good crowd this weekend rain Friday and Sat morning, it's hard for the ground to dry out in the winter time.
BUT, if Tinker preps the track like he did for Friday nights race, there's no way I'd go any where else unless I was running nitro.
The 1/8 scales were really flying, Taps has a full heat of every class just about, so no matter what you bring you will have others to run with you.
I have no idea how the car is going to run. I have a new set of rear tires but I forgot to get the tire sauce this past weekend. I also only have summer compounds for my front tires. I don't think blue or orange barcodes will work down there this weekend.
Old 02-18-2013, 10:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I will bring my stadium truck too but I dont have tires for it. The ones I have are terrible. I know you guys turn fast laps thats what I was meaning by the few other fast laps. Hopefully I can drive well this weekend.
Old 02-18-2013, 11:13 AM
Tech Champion

I have no idea how the car is going to run. I have a new set of rear tires but I forgot to get the tire sauce this past weekend. I also only have summer compounds for my front tires. I don't think blue or orange barcodes will work down there this weekend.
Blues can work if you sauce them. Barcodes with ghosted tread seem to be the ticket.
Old 02-18-2013, 11:18 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Jmuck69
Blues can work if you sauce them. Barcodes with ghosted tread seem to be the ticket.
I will try what I have. It will just be a testing day for me anyway. I will not be a threat for an A-main run unless there is only 1 heat of buggy.
Old 02-18-2013, 12:01 PM
Tech Champion

I will try what I have. It will just be a testing day for me anyway. I will not be a threat for an A-main run unless there is only 1 heat of buggy.
I used a 50% tread set of blues in the main at the last Winter Series race and they worked well with sauce. If new, I would scuff them in a bit.
Old 02-18-2013, 12:06 PM
Tech Elite

These fronts have been run a bit and have been sauced in the past. I picked up a set of green Brocodes to try in the rear.

What sauce are you running? I need to pick up a bottle of something to have around.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.