maybe after the first turn....but it will be spectacular
Old 09-14-2012, 08:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (97%+)

Im running a 3 rotor, no diesels.
Old 09-16-2012, 01:07 PM
Tech Adept

Default prototype

just wondering if i have an old skool 10l pan car would be able to run this class? been out rc scene for awhile
Old 09-16-2012, 03:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wristpin
just wondering if i have an old skool 10l pan car would be able to run this class? been out rc scene for awhile
No...That would run in WGT
Old 09-18-2012, 10:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hexonox
HELL YEAH I'm in!!!!

For those who are questioning our motor choice; the answer is simple.....The Class is Called PROTOTYPE. For those unfamiliar to what a prototype or LMP class car is: google it! In short: high traction: high downforce and stupid amounts of power. The real life counter parts of this class typically have upwards of 700hp. So suggesting anything with brushes is simply laughable. This is not going to be a "toy" class. With that said: this will be a giggle class.

Personally I would not suggest this class to first timers or those with poor eye hand coordination
It takes a lot of eye hand coordination to throw a burnt out Novak ESC that far...

Just as devil's advocate, an F1 car will smoke an LMP prototype. With this reasoning, you should be running 3.5's in the F1 cars after this.
Old 09-18-2012, 03:59 PM
Tech Master

Here are some links to bodies that can be used for this class.I will post more links as I come across them.

http://www.rcmart.com/colt-m1130-200...?cPath=438_876

http://www.rcmart.com/colt-m1136-200...?cPath=438_876

http://www.rcmart.com/colt-m1138-200...?cPath=438_876

http://www.rcmart.com/colt-m1141-200...?cPath=438_876

http://www.rcmart.com/cross-cfp72m-b...?cPath=438_883

http://www.rcmart.com/cross-cfp72t-b...?cPath=438_883
Old 09-18-2012, 05:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (97%+)

Why not get the bodys from hotshot?

Last edited by kikcaffine; 09-18-2012 at 05:23 PM.
Old 09-18-2012, 06:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The Cross and the Toyota are both good bodies and work well.
Old 09-18-2012, 07:22 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by kikcaffine
Why not get the bodys from hotshot?
Hotshot is looking into carrying some of these bodies. Hopefully we will be able to purchase the bodies from them soon. they asked me to post some links so people knew what kind of bodies are going to be used in the class just in case someone was wondering. Please take note that the bodies are scale and not aerodynamically exaggerated. There is also a nice Daytona corvette prototype made by McAllister that would fit well. I did find a few 1/12 scale style aero bodies for the f1 chassis these types of bodies would not be legal.
Old 09-18-2012, 07:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default ?????

Originally Posted by 6376vette
Hotshot is looking into carrying some of these bodies. Hopefully we will be able to purchase the bodies from them soon. they asked me to post some links so people knew what kind of bodies are going to be used in the class just in case someone was wondering. Please take note that the bodies are scale and not aerodynamically exaggerated. There is also a nice Daytona corvette prototype made by McAllister that would fit well. I did find a few 1/12 scale style aero bodies for the f1 chassis these types of bodies would not be legal.
Ned from SC here! This class interested me as I was hoping to come back over this winter to run carpet F1 and VTA a bit and it looks like neither of those classes is being raced. Please correct me if I'm mistaken!!!!!

Anyway the first post says "LMP and Prototypes" and "190mm". I still have seen only one "LMP" body (Advan Courage LC70) and most if not all of the bodies listed are 200mm and either not prototypes (Porsche GT1) or are from the 1980's Porsche 962C (Group C not a true prototype, IMHO). A Ford GT is/was a prototype.

Also on the "livery". Most all the stickers I was refered to or could find were for F1 cars. Is that the intent: full scale livery for any 1:1 racing series?

The class sounds interesting and I would like to know what the final rules turn out to be...

Thanks!
Old 09-18-2012, 08:31 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by aarcobra
Ned from SC here! This class interested me as I was hoping to come back over this winter to run carpet F1 and VTA a bit and it looks like neither of those classes is being raced. Please correct me if I'm mistaken!!!!!
Hey Ned, We run VTA twice a week on Wed nights and Sat nights, with pretty good turnouts both nights.

We have run an F1 series and several of the locals have F1's and run them occasionally, but we do not have a regular turnout. Let us know when you plan to come down and race and we will try to round up a few F1 racers so we can have a good race.

Hope to see you soon at HotShotRC !

_Brad
Old 09-19-2012, 09:24 AM
Tech Master

Default Thanks for the Reply

Originally Posted by hotshotrc
Hey Ned, We run VTA twice a week on Wed nights and Sat nights, with pretty good turnouts both nights.

We have run an F1 series and several of the locals have F1's and run them occasionally, but we do not have a regular turnout. Let us know when you plan to come down and race and we will try to round up a few F1 racers so we can have a good race.

Hope to see you soon at HotShotRC !

_Brad
Thanks Brad! I see you call the VTA "CLUB VTA", does that mean any changes?

Also, what are the rules for Mini and USGT? I have cars, nowhere to race in SC!

Ned
Old 09-19-2012, 10:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Exclamation

Thanks Brad! I see you call the VTA "CLUB VTA", does that mean any changes?

Also, what are the rules for Mini and USGT? I have cars, nowhere to race in SC!

Ned
Hey Ned, we run USVTA rules for both the VTA and USGT classes. The videos and race reports may call the class Club VTA, but it is no different the if you see the listing say 'National VTA' or 'Sportman VTA'. We sometimes seperate the drivers by skill level and the use the different named sub classes to seperate them.
As for our MINI class, we are still working out the rules for the class but are leaning toward one of the Tamiya TCS rule sets for MINI.

Joseph
Old 09-19-2012, 12:43 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rctouringracer
Hey Ned, we run USVTA rules for both the VTA and USGT classes. The videos and race reports may call the class Club VTA, but it is no different the if you see the listing say 'National VTA' or 'Sportman VTA'. We sometimes seperate the drivers by skill level and the use the different named sub classes to seperate them.
As for our MINI class, we are still working out the rules for the class but are leaning toward one of the Tamiya TCS rule sets for MINI.

Joseph
Thanks again! I just got confused with the terminology and then when I tried to follow the USGT Thread... lol What tires work best?
Old 09-19-2012, 03:11 PM
Tech Master

Anyway the first post says "LMP and Prototypes" and "190mm". I still have seen only one "LMP" body (Advan Courage LC70) and most if not all of the bodies listed are 200mm and either not prototypes (Porsche GT1) or are from the 1980's Porsche 962C (Group C not a true prototype, IMHO). A Ford GT is/was a prototype.

Also on the "livery". Most all the stickers I was refered to or could find were for F1 cars. Is that the intent: full scale livery for any 1:1 racing series?

The class sounds interesting and I would like to know what the final rules turn out to be...

Thanks!
hey Ned. Good to hear from you again. Give a heads up when you will be coming down and I will be sure to have the f1 ready.

I will have to do some research on the Porsche gt 1. You may be correct that it is not a prototype. Seems I remember watching that car go up against the panoz and the BMW at road Atlanta at petit lemans one year. I will let everyone know what I find out.

the current lmp classes are direct descendants from the group c cars and even the can am cars before them. group c turned into the wsc or world class sportscar class which evolved into the lmp classes today. The ford gt ran in the gt class and is not a prototype. It is usually classified as a gt 2 class car.

The paint is still being discussed although realistic paint has been decided upon. not sure if you will be able to take a f1 or NASCAR paint job and put it on a lmp or group c car.

just a heads up. it looks like a few of us will be in Nashville this weekend. I won't be back at hotshot until the following weekend.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.